Stat priority Changed after acquiring UVLS (boomkin)

So I did a quick search, nothing really deep and couldn't really find my question, so I'll toss it out.

I'm not as savvy into the boomkin world as I should be, so if this has been covered else where or there is a really great resource for these kinds of questions, feel free to point me there.

Any ways, prior to having UVLS, crit was king and I've been stacking crit. I'm at 31% crit now, actually I'll just link you my profile.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rgirl/advanced

I am curious though, I ran a sim last night and it's telling me that haste is now the heaviest stat (I Honestly saw this coming, seems like 30%~ crit is the sweet spot, anything else after that is wasted, especially with UVLS)

My question is, should I start reforging/regemming for haste? Is there a level of crit I should maintain or should I just keep stacking it? I can probably get the next break point (8089) if I changed some things up, but the majority of that haste would come from crit (Can I afford to drop 2k crit to get 2k haste? Would it be beneficial to do so?)

Thanks for reading.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

There is no 8k BP. The next breakpoint is 10289, though one might as well go for the 1s GCD at 10296.

You should be fine dropping to about 5k crit, but not any lower, and only if that gets you the BP, otherwise stay with crit for the time being. UVLS doesn't really change the priority much.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no 8k BP. The next breakpoint is 10289, though one might as well go for the 1s GCD at 10296.

You should be fine dropping to about 5k crit, but not any lower, and only if that gets you the BP, otherwise stay with crit for the time being. UVLS doesn't really change the priority much.
    Hmm, I think you may be wrong about the BP.

Reapplying w/ moonkin aura + NG = an extra tick at 5272 (Which is the amount of haste most boomkin go for) ... the next breakpoint after that is 8089 as you can see in this chart.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    Hmm, I think you may be wrong about the BP.

Reapplying w/ moonkin aura + NG = an extra tick at 5272 (Which is the amount of haste most boomkin go for) ... the next breakpoint after that is 8089 as you can see in this chart.
    That's with T14 4p only

8089 is with the T14 4 set bonus, which you most likely no longer got.

Yeah I was just about to post "Disregard that, I am an idiot"

Oh well.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    UVLS drops the value of crit by something like 0.2 per point, so not enough to warrant a change in your overall gemming/reforging priorities.

Like huth said, if you can keep ~5k crit and reach the 10289 haste breakpoint, then go for it. If you have to sacrifice more crit that would put you under 5k crit rating to get there, just wait until you don't have to.

Running 5k crit sounds really horrible to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Running 5k crit sounds really horrible to be honest.
    Only having 15k secondary stats sounds horrible in any situation, since that's around a 515 ilvl. Even just meeting the 5273 breakpoint you'd have less than 10k crit. We really only shine with ToT normal gear and onwards, and even then we get much better in heroic TF stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    UVLS drops the value of crit by something like 0.2 per point, so not enough to warrant a change in your overall gemming/reforging priorities.

Like huth said, if you can keep ~5k crit and reach the 10289 haste breakpoint, then go for it. If you have to sacrifice more crit that would put you under 5k crit rating to get there, just wait until you don't have to.
    Okay, I can get 10289 I think, going to play with it some more inna few.

Thanks for the help everybody.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Only having 15k secondary stats sounds horrible in any situation, since that's around a 515 ilvl. Even just meeting the 5273 breakpoint you'd have less than 10k crit. We really only shine with ToT normal gear and onwards, and even then we get much better in heroic TF stuff.
    Are you not factoring in gems? Because I have a 510 ilevel and I have 12k crit and 5715 haste (yes I know need to reforge). I have upgraded some gear but still, your math seems to be off by about 2-3k secondary stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Are you not factoring in gems? Because I have a 510 ilevel and I have 12k crit and 5715 haste (yes I know need to reforge). I have upgraded some gear but still, your math seems to be off by about 2-3k secondary stats.
    Was just giving a rough estimate - you wont always have 15k secondary stats (in which I mean crit and haste only) due to mastery being on gear, so it's quite improper to quote an ilvl at which to switch. Instead, the 15k crit/haste total is what others should aim for when deciding to shoot for the 10289 breakpoint.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. :p

Was just giving a rough estimate - you wont always have 15k secondary stats (in which I mean crit and haste only) due to mastery being on gear, so it's quite improper to quote an ilvl at which to switch. Instead, the 15k crit/haste total is what others should aim for when deciding to shoot for the 10289 breakpoint.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.
    Ah ok. So I could probably do some reforging and end up with the haste breakpoint and still above 5k crit. Is that a decent DPS increase over 12k crit/5k haste breakpoint or does it just play slightly differently? AKA smoother rotation but less crits as opposed to lots of SS crits and slower rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Ah ok. So I could probably do some reforging and end up with the haste breakpoint and still above 5k crit. Is that a decent DPS increase over 12k crit/5k haste breakpoint or does it just play slightly differently? AKA smoother rotation but less crits as opposed to lots of SS crits and slower rotation.
    If you dip down to around 5k crit there's not really a noticeable difference in DPS - essentially you'll be trading some RNG in your rotation for steady damage you can rely on. As you gain more crit however, your DPS will increase much faster than it would were you to still be at the 5273 haste breakpoint. It'll end up being a sizable DPS increase once you get better gear.

Since you'll be left with 7k crit, you should notice your rotation being smoother, NG/DoT uptime being higher, SS proc waste lower, and a small DPS increase overall. There's a bunch of RNG in our rotation anyway, but the increase from the additional haste is there.