Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I find it sad that instead of writing an interesting character that has just gone down a dark path Blizz is going to write, "lololdgodcorruption"
    Actually he did go down a bad path, exchanged is honor for more power and as a result if him trying to use the Sha as a weapon has become corrupted.

Not sure what your point is, but backstory has always been good in WoW. If you actually read it that is.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Was pointing out that thier has not been a significant Orc character that has commited evil acts outside of the influence of Demon's Blood (still haven't worked out whether Hagara was an Orc or not - she was Green). Point was that Garrosh has NO demon blood in him - at all. Despite Grom's sacrifice liberating the Orc's from the demonic fury (or whatever you call it). That's what I was trying to point out the Orc specificity.

and I am trying to think of a single being native to Azeroth that hasn't been influence by either the Old Gods or Sagerous to commit "atrocities" besides Garrosh? Lei Shen maybe (though that story is a bit busted).

hmmmmmmm... intresting how similiar Garrosh is to Lei Shen. Lei Shen empowered using a Titan Watcher who is supposed to control the Mogu. Garrosh empowerd by an Old God who - well we know what the Old Gods do -
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was my favourite character in Cataclysm and I really liked him in wrath. The story of this expansion has sucked is every aspect, bar the Thunder King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefiend 1 View Post
    Grom was not manipulated. I like Grom as a character, but he a genocidal bloodthirsty maniac. You can read Rise of the Horde if you disagree. He damned himself not once, -twice-. Didn't Grom drink Mannorath's blood again to destroy the Night Elves who were backed by Cenarius? Yes. He was losing, and drank the blood to beat them.

Stop sugar-coating Grom. He redeemed the Orcs, but he was selfish. "I have redeemed myself." were his last words. Selfish to the end. Seems like the apple does not fall far from the tree.
    I agree with you, especially on the last part, however i think that the whole "genocidal bloodthirsty maniac" is a little exaggerated. I mean, yes he became so after drinking the blood of Mannoroth, but he wasn't so before it. Still, indeed, Grom was no a good person AT ALL, even when he was a completely uncorrupted orc had a mentality focused on domination and warmongering, and while his son at least started with good intentions, he didn't had one at all. He easily belived to the whole bullshit about the Draenei being a threat, and decided without a thought to drink the blood, a reckless decision that brought his race to damnation and slavery.

As Trassk said, old age and the influence of Thrall changed him a little and learned some things, still, when the situation became desperate, he just threw away everything and fell again to the same vice, shit-covering again he and his clan in the name of power.
    No, Grom was no a better person of Garrosh, and mostly importantly they had different lives and responsibilities. We will never know which amazing different and "better" choices Grommash would have taken if he had the position of Warchief, compared to Garrosh; maybe he wouldn't have become corrupted by his own pride, since he didn't live with the "burden" of his (supposed) father's will on the back.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-13 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    He was my favourite character in Cataclysm and I really liked him in wrath. The story of this expansion has sucked is every aspect, bar the Thunder King.
    Purge of Dalaran? come on that was pretty cool!

It's an enjoyable expansion - very impressed with the amount of new Lore being developed!

Agreed I liked Garrosh as well - Stonetelon was awsome so was his Leader's short story - and Baines. Thought he had turned around after that. Guess not.
    I could be wrong but I doubt it

Deleted
    I don't find it sad. In fact I find it quite brilliant. I mean, Wrathion has been suggesting all expansion that the legion will be coming for us soon enough, heavily suggesting that the next expansion will be Legion themed. So what's that got to do with Garrosh? Well when you think about it, it was largely down to Grom's actions and sacrifice that we managed to fend off the Legion in WC3 and now because of his son's rash actions and warmongering, our planet and everyone on it is just open to any attacks from outside due to our in-fighting. I imagine this is the direction Blizzard will take anyway.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    Purge of Dalaran? come on that was pretty cool!

It's an enjoyable expansion - very impressed with the amount of new Lore being developed!

Agreed I liked Garrosh as well - Stonetelon was awsome so was his Leader's short story - and Baines. Thought he had turned around after that. Guess not.
    I'll grant you that, shit hitting the fan in Dalaran was interesting.

I've loved the expansion in terms of visuals, music and actual gameplay but I can't stand the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm sad he became a wreckless monster... He was my favorite warchief. I supported his decision to drop the mana bomb on the Alliance, it's too bad he decided to kick out the rest of the Horde, we could have bombed the Alliance into oblivion. Hopefully the next Warchief isn't some peace pushing hippy.

I'm only sad that we don't wipe half of orc population together with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    I'm only sad that we don't wipe half of orc population together with him.
    Now you're talking. Remember Theramore!

I still don't understand why blizzard write books. Theres about 5000 useless quest that can easily be replace with important story plots. What essence left is there in this game? What the fuck does old God even mean anymore?

Deleted
    The rebels stands infront of Garrosh, all of his soldiers either taken hostage or killed. Vol'jinn grins, looking at Garrosh, the time is ticking, at any moment now, the Warchief of the Horde will fall. Thrall lets out a disappointing grunt as he looks away. Vol'jinn lifts his blade, ready to take Garrosh on. Suddenly, a crash can be heard, and another, and another, whole Ogrimmar is shaking. In a flash, the roof of the Warchief's room falls in, and everything sets on fire, infront of them a big fel burning infernal stands, as the screams outside can be heard.

''I prepared the Horde for this!'' Garrosh yells.

lolincomingexpansionandgarroshislettolivegg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm so fed up with this 'omg, blizzard ruined his character, its so saaad, they caved into whiners'. Funny how when I talk about how regretable it is seeing the vale destroyed, people accuse me of QQing about it, but when you all complain about a bad character actually showing his true colors... oh nevermind.. this is the same old song and dance.

Learn some god dam common sense people. You follow an obvious bad guy, he ends up doing bad things, and you only have yourselves to blame for it when you feel like you've been cheated.

Its like seeing a wife go back to there same abusive husband, convincing herself he's a good guy really, she just needs to put up with him beating her. Your all BPS.
    You're such a troll Trassk. I hate how you write and construct arguments. You respond only to parts of posts that fit your sick ideology and can't take critique. Wife beating? Seriously? I wish that some day you will stop posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    You're such a troll Trassk. I hate how you write and construct arguments. You respond only to parts of posts that fit your sick ideology and can't take critique. Wife beating? Seriously? I wish that some day you will stop posting.
    Tell me I'm wrong then.

Actually nah, don't bother. Tell me something constructive and give me something reasonable to debate with rather then throwing any old rubbish around. I do appreciate posters who have a decent argument.
    #boycottchina

the same emporwerment didnt kill the goblin in dark heart of pandaria. that and the achievement says "defeat", idont think hes dying, i think hes going to be shamed and broken.

Deleted
    No, no I am not sad.

He is not not somebody I like at all, except for that one event in Cataclysm at Stonetalon, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    The rebels stands infront of Garrosh, all of his soldiers either taken hostage or killed. Vol'jinn grins, looking at Garrosh, the time is ticking, at any moment now, the Warchief of the Horde will fall. Thrall lets out a disappointing grunt as he looks away. Vol'jinn lifts his blade, ready to take Garrosh on. Suddenly, a crash can be heard, and another, and another, whole Ogrimmar is shaking. In a flash, the roof of the Warchief's room falls in, and everything sets on fire, infront of them a big fel burning infernal stands, as the screams outside can be heard.

''I prepared the Horde for this!'' Garrosh yells.

lolincomingexpansionandgarroshislettolivegg
    Seriously would not be surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    the same emporwerment didnt kill the goblin in dark heart of pandaria. that and the achievement says "defeat", idont think hes dying, i think hes going to be shamed and broken.
    Doubtful. I mean we kill every other boss and they are listed as "defeat" in their respective achievements.

If I was Greg Street and I found out that most of my fans are real life sociopaths who were actually upset with me for killing a fictional sadistic butcher I would be sad indeed. Sad that I ever invented this game.

But I'm not him. Gonna go punt some Orcs soon. I may just level a Gnome to make it that much more satisfying.