Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did I just accidently friendzone someone :l?

So here's the deal.
    I have a really good female friend that I've known for a while, we always got along great and have shared many laughs and experiences. I used to have a huge crush on her and even tried my luck at a New Years party two years ago, only to be rejected by her. We still stayed friends though, and I feel like our friendship is even stronger as I know her much better and vice versa :P
    A couple of days ago I held a barbecue-hang-out thing at my house, and she was one of the people whom I invited. As the night got on, she got more and more intimate and would hold my arm and rub my shoulder etc. Then, later on in the evening, she asked if I couldn't take her upstairs and get her a hoodie since she was cold. We went up to my room (just us) and I found her a nice big hoodie and gave it to her, and while putting it on she said something like "Mmmm smells like you " and I just chuckled. She then hugged me and held on to my torso and looked up at me, smiling. I just went along with it and didn't do anything, since I was still in the mindset that she rejected me in the past and we're >just friends< now. We then went downstairs and joined the others once again.
    Then, when everyone else was lounging in our couch area outside, she brought a blanket over to me and sat on my lap, wrapped the blanket around me and once again held my torso with her hand. I once again thought that I'd better not think anything of this, since I was rejected before. The night went on, more wine was consumed, and she eventually exclaimed that she'd have to sleep over since she couldn't drive her moped home after drinking. I was cool with it, and prepared the couch and didn't think anything more of it.
    I then heard from another friend that was there that night that he was surprised that I rejected her and even implied that I might've "friendzoned" her, after which I was kind of baffled since I just assumed that if she rejected me before, she'd never have any interest in me over friendship in the future, even if I've tried to "improve" myself (worked my ass off in the gym, eat better, started plowing through novels and dressing better, kind of cliché I know :P).
    What do you guys think? Did I just friendzone her accidently? Have I ruined any chances in the future with her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds totally recoverable if you do want to have a relationship with this girl.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    talk to her, explain your pov. see what she says.
    Hi

You could ask her? Sounds crazy, I know, but maybe today sometime ask her if she wanted to do more last night and tell her you're a little confused - you were shot down at new years and so you thought you were just friends, but last night made you think that she wanted something more. Coming from a girl, I'd rather a guy ask me straight up than just assume as Reeve said, this doesn't sound grievous enough to be friendzoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

A mix of being dense, past feelings, miscommunication, and alcohol. I see it as recoverable, probably one of those deals where she didn't see you in that light and now she does.

This one kind of made me chuckle. It does seem like you did unknowingly friendzone her. Is it normal for her hang on to you like that or is it a new thing? She may have been drunk too?

Deleted
    This is what phones are for, Call her, ask her out, Take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    This one kind of made me chuckle. It does seem like you did unknowingly friendzone her. Is it normal for her hang on to you like that or is it a new thing? She may have been drunk too?
    Now that I think of it, she does kind of create "embraces" quite often, wether it be hugs or w/e. Having seen her in a shitfaced state before (as good friends do xD), I'm sure that she wasn't drunk *this* time :P

I'll have to talk to her, feel kind of confused now lol.

Yeah, not friendzone, you just didn't recognize any of the signs that she wanted you to throw it in her butt.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    A mix of being dense, past feelings, miscommunication, and alcohol. I see it as recoverable, probably one of those deals where she didn't see you in that light and now she does.

I agree with this. Just talk to her as soon as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    any time a women embraces you like you said she did means she wants to be kissed.

you know this women right?so you have her phone #? call her now and stop wasting time on mmo.tell her you want to hang out with her,just you two.tell her how pretty she look at your part and you cant stop thinking about her.doing so will send her the message that you want to be more then just friends.take he rout for ice cream or something cheesy and tell her what you just told us.tell her you want to be with her but thought she did not feel the same way.its easy but do it fast before she thinks your not interested.

nothing bad can come out of it,all she can say is yes or no.

only thing im wondering about is weather she wants a relationship or just wanted to get laid.if she just wanted to get laid and made a pass at you "and she did" and you rejected her,well then you missed out.

If it all happened the way you say it did, you def messed up.

Probably isn't past recovery, but you need to stop talking to us and go put your tongue in her.

It may have been a better move than just sleeping with her. You put yourself out there before and she wasn't interested. Now she might have and you didn't instantly give her what she wanted. It's not about playing games or balancing rejection. It's just that relationship talk can only come up so many times between man and woman friends before it starts to get weird. She obviously isn't a sex buddy so sleeping with her would have led to a what are we talk.

Call her but don't go professing your love. I wouldn't even bring it up. I would just invite her somewhere and have the talk there in person. Over the phone is a little amateurish.
    Last edited by Talzar; 2013-06-13 at 06:58 PM.

Personally, if I was in your shoes I would chalk it up to someone who had too much to drink and I'm quite impressed you didn't take advantage of her. As much as you don't want to bring it up in case it ruins your friendship you can also ruin it by not talking with her. Something along the lines of "I've heard from a friend you wanted to be more than friends at the party but I thought you just wanted to be friends because you rejected at the New Year's party" and see what she has to say.

The one you will also want to explore is your own true feelings for her and make sure you tell her exactly what you feel.

1) If she wasn't in a state to drive, you didn't want to take advantage of someone in that condition. 2) You don't know if her feelings were genuine, based on previous experiences and her alcohol consumption.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    1) If she wasn't in a state to drive, you didn't want to take advantage of someone in that condition. 2) You don't know if her feelings were genuine, based on previous experiences and her alcohol consumption.
    Sweden has a zero-tolerance policy on drunk driving. One beer is enough to get a ticket and your license pulled :P Probably should've mentioned that!

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    Sweden has a zero-tolerance policy on drunk driving. One beer is enough to get a ticket and your license pulled :P Probably should've mentioned that!
    so if you have ever had a beer you can't drive in sweden?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If you get pulled over and show past 0.2 ppm (usually around 1 pint of lager) on a breathalyzer you lose your license and get fined heavily :P
    Welcome to Scandinavia!

Deleted
    Talk to her You may be the first male in the world to escape the friend zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    lol ... 10 char