Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My boyfriend got kicked a few weeks ago for 'Greeding' and winning a Green quality item, instead of clicking 'disenchant'. He wanted it for transmog it was one of the 429 troll reskins... He was so mad he couldn't believe how or why they singled him out for a greed won green....

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I just got kicked from LFR.

Not for DPS
    Not for slacking
    Not for afking

No. I was kicked because I pointed out AFKers who weren't doing ANYTHING.

Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked. Seems fair, it still ANNOYS me SO MUCH that they decide to kick me, while I was doing top DPS (lolLFRdpshurhhurrr) rather than the slacking people. They seriously didn't give a flying fuck about those people AFKing, yet they did give a damn about my whining.

TL;DR I'm frustrated because of how some of the community has turned out to be.

Anyone else got some LFR stories about how you pointed out obvious AFKers, yet they didn't get kicked?
    Think of what the target audience is for LFR.

Think about yourself.

LFR = casuals that want to afk and 'raid' to get free loot.

You = doing top dps with all the jealous casuals/bad players.

Combine both and all you get is a war, why?

1. You cry about afkers in LFR, when LFR community is carefree, it's ok to afk to take care of their babies/dogs/cooking/opening the door for pizza delivery guy and all the lamest excuses you can think of.

2. You doing top dps will attract more attention than you should be, also at the same time those casual/bad players will simply get jealous with your top dps because no matter how hard they try they won't even do half of that.

3. Complaining about the same thing over and over does make it very annoying to people who don't want to socialize(aka the LFR community, that's why they 'raid' in LFR because nobody wants to raid with them since they don't talk and don't like others to talk).

Solution:

Just afk your way through LFR, it's worked out way better than doing top dps, I once got kicked by saying in chat that a shaman cancelling my symbiosis just after we engage(before the symbiosis change to 2sec cast) when I was top dps, his guildies in the run voted me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate people like OP. Ok, not hate... but but I hate the whiny, bitching "Im top dps, you slackers don't deserve to be in the same LFR as me" bullshit. Guess what? About 1/3 of the DPS will be good. 1/3 will be average or below. 1/3 will be crap. All you do by raging is to make LFR toxic. If you hate the thing that much act like an adult and don't run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would the general consensus here be, if you can't beat them join them? Do your thing and put the team on your back? Or carry the group while saying whatever you'd like because hey, most of us here dont LFR for the gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen someone literally do nothing but /follow and chat in LFR. Person never got kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I hate people like OP. Ok, not hate... but but I hate the whiny, bitching "Im top dps, you slackers don't deserve to be in the same LFR as me" bullshit. Guess what? About 1/3 of the DPS will be good. 1/3 will be average or below. 1/3 will be crap. All you do by raging is to make LFR toxic. If you hate the thing that much act like an adult and don't run it.
    Meh, both sides make the community toxic. The Heroic raiders that are only in there because of Blizz's infinite wisdom in balancing loot/legendary progression get annoyed with carrying dead weight. The dead weight get annoyed with having to hear about getting carried. Neither side enjoys it, it's just a tedious task that people feel forced to do, and the continual forcing of an unwanted task combined with the diametric opposites of "elitists" and "mouthbreathers" makes for a hostile, vitriolic group that is destined to devolve into name calling and trolling thanks to the anonymity provided by the random-queue system.

But, I found your last sentence funny...not sure if you meant it like that, but are you implying that adults don't run LFR? You probably didn't mean to...regardless, I can't help but to agree that it seems the average age of an LFR group is about 16.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    3. Complaining about the same thing over and over does make it very annoying to people who don't want to socialize(aka the LFR community, that's why they 'raid' in LFR because nobody wants to raid with them since they don't talk and don't like others to talk).
    Complaining about the same thing over and over again is annoying. *period*

Not much more complicated than that.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I was kicked because I pointed out AFKers who weren't doing ANYTHING.
    So you were telling everybody that there's pee in the pool? They were right to kick you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    To be honest, I do not know exactly what you said, but nothing grinds my gear more than whiners in LFR. So I would probably have thrown a vote your way aswell. As long as you are not wiping there is not a problem.

LFR is so mindnumbingly boring and dumbed down to infinity squared into retardness. I understand people slacking. I dont understand people whining if you are not wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're still killing the bosses the AFKers are doing nothing to hinder your experience. Don't be a taddle-tale and just let them be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Surprisingly, no, I haven't gotten any stories like that. I just point out calmly that some people are still at the previous boss arena when we're ready to pull the next boss, and maybe we need to replace them?

What I try not to do is bash on people. That creates a toxic, hostile atmosphere, and people who don't want to raid in a toxic atmosphere (presumably, the majority of people who are there) would be justified in wanting me to GTFO and stop ruining their fun.

Next time do it with some tact, you might be pleasantly surprised at how differently people respond to you.
    Thing is, at first I told the raid the warlock was following people around, doing nothing. After the trash mobs and we were at magaera, I told them that he again did not do anything at all and was basically just AFKing, and even after me mentioning him and a DPS-queued blood dk who was doing 16k dps, they simply ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Dude. I don't care if someone is doing half my DPS. What I do care about is when someone in ilvl 490+ gear is pulling 30k DPS which simply implies said person doesn't give a damn about the group.

This was also the first time ever I actually whined about people their DPS as it annoys me when people /follow other people around.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-06-13 at 07:31 PM.

Some of these are extreme, sure, but most of this is totally understandable. If bosses are dying, no need to kick. But if someone is being an absolute jerk in text, that's the reason to kick them.

Wait until a boss wipe and then point out the afk'ers. That will clean them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite cowardly to avoid confronting misbehavior for the sake of convenience. Edward Snowden would point out the AFKers in LFR.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The other day I was in LFR on my rogue and derping around. I didn't purposefully play badly, I just jumped about a bit and hit buttons- still #2 DPS in my PVP gear because hey, it's LFR and nobody cares. Nobody except this one other rogue in half heroic gear that thought he was some kind of big shot slumming it with the plebs. He ranted at everyone and berated people for standing in fires, a Paladin tank for not using 2 haste trinkets "like my main" and said he would carry us lest we all die from old age waiting for bosses to go down. A lot of people were mad at him and told him to calm down because LFR doesn't matter and he is in fact bad. He had it really in for this one Feral druid and constantly mocked him while we did the trash after the big turtle boss...so, genius that I am, I tricksed the Druid and pulled several borers and giants and vanished. Not only did the poor Druid die, the raid wiped and I said "WTF Prorogueguy, I know you hate us but why did you wipe us" and he denied it. People weren't buying his excuses. I started a vote kick and we got rid of him.

I have no regrets.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked. Seems fair, it still ANNOYS me SO MUCH that they decide to kick me, while I was doing top DPS (lolLFRdpshurhhurrr) rather than the slacking people. They seriously didn't give a flying fuck about those people AFKing, yet they did give a damn about my whining.
    So you insulted people, were rude, annoying, and generally insufferable... Yep, I would've kicked you too. AFKers are a minor frustration sure, but they stay silent and can be ignored easily enough. Someone going on a mad tirade in raid chat is less easy to ignore.

Do AFKers ruin my fun? Nope. We're still killing bosses, still getting stuff done. Does a rude, insufferable asshole in raid chat ruin my fun? Totally. I'm going to kick that guy.

Blame it on Blizzard for making something as stupid and mindless as LFR. I don't think I have ever completed an LFR without AFK'ing in it, if you have kudos to you, you have a much longer attention span than the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Some of these are extreme, sure, but most of this is totally understandable. If bosses are dying, no need to kick. But if someone is being an absolute jerk in text, that's the reason to kick them.

Wait until a boss wipe and then point out the afk'ers. That will clean them out.
    That's the most wonderful part about it aswell. As we were finishing trash near magaera, a small group of people (including the warlock) started the encounter, after which they of course died. And even when they were dead, they refused to vote kick the guy. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Meh, both sides make the community toxic. The Heroic raiders that are only in there because of Blizz's infinite wisdom in balancing loot/legendary progression get annoyed with carrying dead weight. The dead weight get annoyed with having to hear about getting carried. Neither side enjoys it, it's just a tedious task that people feel forced to do, and the continual forcing of an unwanted task combined with the diametric opposites of "elitists" and "mouthbreathers" makes for a hostile, vitriolic group that is destined to devolve into name calling and trolling thanks to the anonymity provided by the random-queue system.

But, I found your last sentence funny...not sure if you meant it like that, but are you implying that adults don't run LFR? You probably didn't mean to...regardless, I can't help but to agree that it seems the average age of an LFR group is about 16.5.

I mean that adults take responsibility for the situations into which they put themselves and for the consequences of their decisions. Adults might do something they'd rather not because they need something else (go to a job they don't like because they need to pay rent, run LFR because they want a shot at some loot) but they realize going in that it's going to be annoying and don't continually whine about it while there.

And no, the people who make chat toxic are annoying assholes who bitch the entire time. Look, I'm not defending the AFKers or the auto-attackers, but you know by now that they're going to be there. All whining a lot does is make the chat poisonous. Instead, I run the wings that hold loot that I need, do a reasonable job at my role (I heal and DPS) but I don't flask or pre-pot. I don't need any loot from a couple of the wing so... I don't run them. Funny, that...

The whining and attitude issues usually annoys me more than those just looking for a carry - though they do earn some impatience and sighs of their own, I don't know why it's just a tad more irksome.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens all the time, OP. In the first section of ToT LFR I was in a raid that had 11 of our DPS doing 36-43k dps. I wasn't rude when I called it out, all I said was that people are either AFK auto attacking or should go to a site like icy-veins to check the most powerful and efficient rotations. And then people just flipped out and raged. I didn't get kicked, because I was a high dps and we were struggling to kill bosses because of dps, but still. I have no idea how people can be satisfied with playing like that. I've always felt like its necessary to pull my own weight, even more if I can.

My theory is that these people don't have anything like recount on. If they did, I feel like it would be in most people's nature to try harder. I feel like a lot of them don't know how to play their class (I've seen rogues not using slice and dice, Ferals with no savage roar, etc.) and they don't know they are doing it wrong.

I'd rather teach them than kick them, but a lot of people just aren't willing to listen and will (ironically) bitch at you and call you rude and such. I realized that a new player wouldn't have any idea for some classes what he is supposed to be doing.