Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    U know it takes lake 10mins to fill a lfr grp? with trade chat... People tend to like knowing that players will be functioning so u guys shud try making a grp then que^^
    It will be faster than waiting in dps que

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    U know it takes lake 10mins to fill a lfr grp? with trade chat... People tend to like knowing that players will be functioning so u guys shud try making a grp then que^^
    It will be faster than waiting in dps que
    Putting aside the spelling and grammatical atrocities you just committed (which would assure you a lifetime locked up in a Hague grammar prison), suppose, just for a minute, you're not on a high-population server when you start trying to fill up this "lfr grp".

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I was in the same LFR as OP.

Firstly, you weren't really doing top dps, but that's besides the point.
    The guy you were bashing told you outright that he feeding his 2 year old, but were still active on bosses as far as I could tell. Perhaps not so much on Tortos.
    And you just had to keep the whining going, throughout most of Megaera until people got fed up. People were obviously a bit annoyed at kr**os for seemingly being afk, but they found your endless tantrums worse than someone being distracted with a good reason.

Perhaps if you didn't act the way you did, we'd remove kr**os instead so you could feel better about kicking a parent who had the audacity of feeding his child in LFR.

PS, the very next mob we killed after you were removed dropped the Lei Shen Trove key, many giggles were had...
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    That is how it works in 'murica.
    You don't get kicked or bashed if you point who is AFK in EU LFRs (at least in france), they get kicked asap and thats it.

And believe me, I ranted a view times in LFR, about people afk'ing, or playing plain very bad and be rude to other people, and I've never got kicked ever.

If someone is ranting on the chat, but doing his joing, why should he be kicked ? Just ignore the chat and continue with your LFR, kicking non afk people who are doing their job is doing nothing except slowing down the group even more.
    I was reading this thread and I was actually thinking the same, I've been doing LFR since it came out and while not all experience were exactly 100% positive, I don't really recall any specific instance in which someone was randomly kicked for no specific reason, it is always either because they are AFK or because they are doing something that is not... in the group's best interest. Like once we had a Death Knight tank in full blue PvP gear and frost spec, or a Paladin tank in half intellect half PvP gear with spellpower weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Putting aside the spelling and grammatical atrocities you just committed (which would assure you a lifetime locked up in a Hague grammar prison), suppose, just for a minute, you're not on a high-population server when you start trying to fill up this "lfr grp".
    Then i suppose u will like the server merges that are incoming or maybe u haven't heard of Cross realms....
    If u wanna play grammar police versus European forum posters i sincerely hope someone pays u to spend time on complaining.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

LFR is the cesspit of the WoW community, whilst well intentioned players do venture there, they are vastly outnumbered by the horrible or bad community.

This is why no one likes to talk there any more, it's not worth it, just drudge along and get out of there so you do something you might better enjoy.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always keep your mouth shut in LFR that's my rule anyway even if you wipe to the stupidiest shit even if you see like 1/2 of the fucking raid literally sitting there not doing anything. Whining to the ''LFR community'' in the raid is just going to make your life in that hellhole even more horrible aka like your situation you get kicked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    half the time when a vote kick starts in lfr without even thinking they'll just accept. I do understand your frustration though, for I am one of those /follow players in lfr YOU CAN'T STOP ME! lfr pve is lame

You can't vote kick a determined afk/troll/asshat anyway. As soon as you say, "Billy's afk, we should remove him" he'll pull the next fight, and a dozen people will jump into the fight, because they aren't pay any attention. Then Billy will go right back to his afking, while you deal with the 12 minute boss fight (that would be a 7 minute fight if you had more than 12 people in the raid actually playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I could care less But what annoys me to no end is the person who is constantly talking garbage and posting recount.

Your comments in chat lessened the enjoyment of the LFR for more people than did the crappy dps of the afk guy.[COLOR="red"]

Exactly. LFR does not require ´top dps´.. it is a fun, casual place to run through and have FUN. You know what makes it unfun.. Bosses die rapidly, I haven´t seen a wipe in about a month on two different characters.
    How is any of that 'fun'? How is never facing a challenge 'fun'? How is being able to do nothing and still getting rewarded for it 'fun'?
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-06-14 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I just got kicked from LFR.

Not for DPS
    Not for slacking
    Not for afking

No. I was kicked because I pointed out AFKers who weren't doing ANYTHING.

Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked. Seems fair, it still ANNOYS me SO MUCH that they decide to kick me, while I was doing top DPS (lolLFRdpshurhhurrr) rather than the slacking people. They seriously didn't give a flying fuck about those people AFKing, yet they did give a damn about my whining.

TL;DR I'm frustrated because of how some of the community has turned out to be.

Anyone else got some LFR stories about how you pointed out obvious AFKers, yet they didn't get kicked?

Edit: Mods, feel free to lock this thread if you want. I was just extremely frustrated and just had to vent my frustration somehow.
    I cant even begin to tell you how many times this has happened. some tryhard starts griping about low dps / afk / offlines and, oh look, theyre the top DPS. a quick shout to my friends in mumble, and the whiner is kicked. And people never know we're a premade because we're from 3-4 different servers and all different guilds.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    How is any of that 'fun'? How is never facing a challenge 'fun'? How is being able to do nothing and still getting rewarded for it 'fun'?
    Why in the world are people defending players who don't contribute to killing bosses? Why are people okay with players wasting their time?

I guess you're okay with it because you're getting your chance of winning an item regardless. No matter what people do, bosses die because they're so easy. People are allowed to perform poorly, no one is stopping them.
    because not everyone has to stroke a digital e-peen to feel "fun". Most people dont require a "challenge" to be fun. If you want a challenge, run a challenging format.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    You deserved the kick then, Top DPS or not being an ass is always deserving a kick.
    Next time Simply point out that someone is AFK, Right Click start vote and then carry on.
    Even that isn't enough since it's apparently mean to kick those who afk nowadays. At least that's the response I got last time I pointed out that a hunter had been afk throughout the entire ordeal. At this rate we should all just AFK and let NPC's kill the bosses for us.

I hate people bitching the whole run, that will get you kicked faster then AFKing. If you notice something just mention it once or twice and then just let it go, its LFR no reason to take it that serious. I either use it as dps dummies or just cruise along and do it halfway decent.

Deleted
    LFR only ppl will never kill ANY boss in LFR without normal/HC raiding ppl. Why - because they will never learn tactic by themselves plus they have too poor dps/hps/dmg taken. Especially at the very first time when LFR wings opens..... Lately they will learn something from N/HC raiding ppl....after 4-5 weeks situation starts to be better and LFR only ppl will learn some mechanic. LFR ppl parasitize on normal/HC rading ppl. And as usual- their luck is amazing. This is what i hate on LFR. IF Blizz PUT shared lockout for FLEX/LFR or kill LFR for its stupidity...I will love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Even that isn't enough since it's apparently mean to kick those who afk nowadays. At least that's the response I got last time I pointed out that a hunter had been afk throughout the entire ordeal. At this rate we should all just AFK and let NPC's kill the bosses for us.
    generally people are more annoyed at someone stopping combat long enough to type in chat and try to get a vote kick off, than they are about the crap. Believe it or not the ToT LFR enrages are set at around 45k DPS, while most people, even half-afk/not paying attention, pull about 60k. stopping to complain only makes the process take longer. If you have true issue, then drop group and requeue. chances are good you wont get the same group, or if you do, itll be after they kick the problem.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

A recent campaign by one poster resulted in multiple threads attempting to convince us that insulting or being outright rude to people while calling it advice was perfectly acceptable.
    The problem seems to be outright criticism instead of asking what the problem is.

Many in LFR are having their only experience of raiding, and not surprisingly do not take kindly to blunt and ill-thought out criticisms.

There are good ways to point out problems, but outright saying people are bad is not one of them.
    That is what gets such people kicked.

I find the easiest way to LFR is to just AFK it while playing RIFT, my second WoW account or DotA 2 mate. Just literally do nothing and you can't be kicked because in LFR people have the awareness of a sloth. No-one pays attention so yeah, just AFK. No harm done. Especially when everything is going to get 1 shot anyway.

I can understand your frustration, I just got done with an lfr an hour ago that was on lei shen with people just coming in and out pulling on purpose and causing wipes, most likely the same person getting on multiple characters and queuing since I tried to leave and re queue but got put back in this one. I've never seen a more dysfunctional group before tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall ever being in a bad pug. There would be 1 or 2 healers in DPS spec, but they would say they will switch back if we need more heals. Last LFR I was in was 2nd part of HoF and we needed a tank and waited for about 15 minutes. During that time, everyone was just sitting in front of the boss, RPing (even though we are a PvP battlegroup) and messing around. We get a tank, pull the first boss and he DCes. We kick him and go back to messing around. The same tank gets in our raid, he apologieses for DCing and we destroy all the bosses without a problem.

Point of the story: Everything is in the player's attitude. If you are chill, there is a high chance the rest will be chilled as well.
    Last edited by Pisholina; 2013-06-14 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Grammar police
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    generally people are more annoyed at someone stopping combat long enough to type in chat and try to get a vote kick off, than they are about the crap. Believe it or not the ToT LFR enrages are set at around 45k DPS, while most people, even half-afk/not paying attention, pull about 60k. stopping to complain only makes the process take longer. If you have true issue, then drop group and requeue. chances are good you wont get the same group, or if you do, itll be after they kick the problem.
    The thing is, I was pointing it out before we had even pulled the last boss. We were waiting for people to catch up, and he was still sitting AFK in the second boss room and throughout the first two bosses he hadn't done anything other than move with the group.

So I didn't even stop my DPS to point it out, yet he was still in the right.