Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

Guy dings from fresh 90 to killing Lei Shen LFR afking through every 5 man/raid.
    Haha nice video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I find the easiest way to LFR is to just AFK it while playing RIFT, my second WoW account or DotA 2 mate. Just literally do nothing and you can't be kicked because in LFR people have the awareness of a sloth. No-one pays attention so yeah, just AFK. No harm done. Especially when everything is going to get 1 shot anyway.
    Yep, there's a video of a guy AFK'ing throughout all of the LFR runs and even finished ToT without dealing any damage. Since you don't deal any damage, you don't appear on recount, therefor you are invisible and won't be kicked.

Long gone are the days where you could have fun with people outside your guild (most of the time). Everyone knows WoW community is filled with little kids who troll. So if you dont want to play with them. Dont do LFR, simples

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

Guy dings from fresh 90 to killing Lei Shen LFR afking through every 5 man/raid.
    Posted my response. He's lying through his fucking teeth.

1 day /played at 90 as pure DPS? He'd still be in dungeon queues. Assuming you even finish a heroic (not likely, once you kill the boss who drops tank/healing trinkets they're both leaving), you aren't going to get any drops that you need. You won't even hit the ilvl cutoff for 5.0 raids after one day /played at 90 unless you spend 100,000 gold first. How many new players have that just lying around?

Assuming you even *get* to LFR, both tanks leave after Elegon. Then the heals leave when you wipe to Will of the Emperor; they nerd rage, grief the raid by starting early, then quit. Then it happens again on Garalon, Blade Lord, Amber Shaper, and sometimes Tsulong/Lei Shi. So there's another day spent waiting on replacement tanks and healers.

Let's suppose you somehow *make it* through to ToT. Now you have to pass Horridon and Council -- ok, you might get carried there, two good tanks and you can cheese those. But not always. Then it's the jumpers on Ji'kun who can't figure out red flashlight beams mean "fly here" and think that Quills is exactly the time to float off someplace for a lookie-loo.

Let's suppose you stack enough failbuffs to get through that. Then you're on Durumu, where people are hellbent on disproving 9 years of classical conditioning. Don't worry if your raid kills trash like the second coming of Death and Taxes. The moment the death beam comes, half of them go for a jog in it. Good luck 12 manning that with your fresh 90 who does no dps, eh?

Then it's Dark Animus, where you can expect tanks and healers to get in a fight (not to post spoilers, but: both sides lose. Also, they leave again). Finally, there's Lei Shen, assuming your LFR didn't lose 12 people right after (recycled Eredar) Twins. Enjoy spending the next 3 hours in a "revolving door" of tanks and heals until enough of them are too drunk to figure out how to ungroup...and the full night of wipes to the last trash pull while you run back from Lei Shen wipes, all because the jackass tank (who left your LFR long ago) absolutely insisted that you skip them.

Think a new player can manage that one day /played after hitting 90? Think no one's going to notice that he makes no contribution?

Bull.
    Fucking.
    Shit.

That guy's just another lying, angry neckbeard. Anyone can make selectively edited YouTube vids.

LFR is a cesspit, but in exactly the opposite way of what the nerd raging Welsh Mongo in your link wants to believe.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-06-14 at 09:46 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

OP and this one,
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    I got kicked from an lfr for calling people that die to the durumu beam bad even though I was top dps and heals. Lesson learned you can do w/e you like in lfr as long as you don't talk.
    kicks were well deserved TBH. Knowing tactics does not give license to be 'asses'. Regarding the people AFKing, a simple 'vote kick' explaining the reason for the kick as 'AFKing on bosses' would probably pass, n not have you kicked yourself. Whining about it isn't something people want to see. It's not unlikely that they kicked the AFKers after they kicked you.

Raging at Durumu maze deaths is also usually unnecessary and unwarranted. To this day people are trying that boss for the very first time. Lots of factors come into play. Some don't even know video or text explanations exist. Some are trying it for the second or third time, but no one ever bothers to explain the fight to them. Frankly, it's a dick move to not explain and then call people out when they die. At least put a mark on your magnificence to help them out. This also reminds me of those who 'wait' for others to die to the snail, just so they could call em out as baddies. Pathetic!
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

AFK timer in LFR should be based on actions per minute. Then you can see if someone is just casting a spell every 10 secs to look busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Even that isn't enough since it's apparently mean to kick those who afk nowadays. At least that's the response I got last time I pointed out that a hunter had been afk throughout the entire ordeal. At this rate we should all just AFK and let NPC's kill the bosses for us.
    Sure which is why there is no reason to do anything in lfr. I actually somewhat hope that it will go far enough that just everyone will go afk and nothing happens - would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    if you dont like lfr dont play it otherwise get your mouth shut in lfr or get kicked - YOUR choice
    That's some nice attitude there, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Posted my response. He's lying through his fucking teeth.

1 day /played at 90 as pure DPS? He'd still be in dungeon queues. Assuming you even finish a heroic (not likely, once you kill the boss who drops tank/healing trinkets they're both leaving), you aren't going to get any drops that you need. You won't even hit the ilvl cutoff for 5.0 raids after one day /played at 90 unless you spend 100,000 gold first. How many new players have that just lying around?

Assuming you even *get* to LFR, both tanks leave after Elegon. Then the heals leave when you wipe to Will of the Emperor; they nerd rage, grief the raid by starting early, then quit. Then it happens again on Garalon, Blade Lord, Amber Shaper, and sometimes Tsulong/Lei Shi. So there's another day spent waiting on replacement tanks and healers.

Let's suppose you somehow *make it* through to ToT. Now you have to pass Horridon and Council -- ok, you might get carried there, two good tanks and you can cheese those. But not always. Then it's the jumpers on Ji'kun who can't figure out red flashlight beams mean "fly here" and think that Quills is exactly the time to float off someplace for a lookie-loo.

Let's suppose you stack enough failbuffs to get through that. Then you're on Durumu, where people are hellbent on disproving 9 years of classical conditioning. Don't worry if your raid kills trash like the second coming of Death and Taxes. The moment the death beam comes, half of them go for a jog in it. Good luck 12 manning that with your fresh 90 who does no dps, eh?

Then it's Dark Animus, where you can expect tanks and healers to get in a fight (not to post spoilers, but: both sides lose. Also, they leave again). Finally, there's Lei Shen, assuming your LFR didn't lose 12 people right after (recycled Eredar) Twins. Enjoy spending the next 3 hours in a "revolving door" of tanks and heals until enough of them are too drunk to figure out how to ungroup...and the full night of wipes to the last trash pull while you run back from Lei Shen wipes, all because some jackass from Nordrassil wouldn't quit screaming until you agreed to skip them.

Think a new player can manage that in one day /played after hitting 90? Think no one's going to notice that he makes no contribution?

Bull.
    Fucking.
    Shit.

That guy's just another lying, angry neckbeard. Anyone can make selectively edited YouTube vids.

LFR is a cesspit, but in exactly the opposite way of what the nerd raging Welsh Mongo in your link wants to believe.
    Sounds like you're the angry neck beard.

Infracted; Don't insult other posters. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-14 at 10:46 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Sounds like you're the angry neck beard.
    No, I'm angry and clean-shaven.

But my description is what LFR's really like.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Whenever I point out (in a matter-of-fact manner) healers who are in dps specs, they usually go on a flaming tirade against me which just gets them kicked faster.
    I had a normal/heroic geared Monk pull this crap this week. Pointed it out and no one kicked him... the let him continue pushing his job onto everyone else. What could I do about it? I ignored him and stomped the crap out of him on the damage meters while being outgeared in every way possible... he even had the legendary meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I find the easiest way to LFR is to just AFK it while playing RIFT, my second WoW account or DotA 2 mate. Just literally do nothing and you can't be kicked because in LFR people have the awareness of a sloth. No-one pays attention so yeah, just AFK. No harm done. Especially when everything is going to get 1 shot anyway.
    Not only that, many would rather support such griefing and kick the player who points you out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Sure which is why there is no reason to do anything in lfr. I actually somewhat hope that it will go far enough that just everyone will go afk and nothing happens - would be fun.
    Indeed. I would love to see the people who defend LFR's "difficulty" then, when you can literally be away from the keyboard and still "see" all of the content and get rewards whilst doing it.

I wonder how long it takes until bots become a common thing in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread. Doesn't bring anything new at this point a table other then the usual LFR people vs other people discussion.