Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Thrill of the Hunt seems required to even get close to using the BM 4pc to its potential. Finding myself completely focus starved and getting nowhere near max stacks without it.

  2. #22
    Blademaster Gungrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    34
    i managed to get 15 stack i just had Thrill of the Hunt on, maybe its possible with Fervor aswell, idk about dire beast.

  3. #23
    Didn't blizzard state that they don't want talents to feel mandatory anymore? Well if they stay by that, then these bonuses will have to change.

    Edit: Well now that I think about it, alot of talent setups now are pretty much "mandatory" anyways heh.

  4. #24
    Having tried the 4-set (SV) out a little I can say its a hell of a lot of fun. There's going to be a fair bit of gaming it for extremely high burst in certain niche moments. The most skilled players will get loads more benefit from it, which gives it the thumbs up in my book.

    I really wish they would just make Rapid Fire a proper cooldown, its great for MM during CA, but very meh outside of that. I would be perfectly happy if Readiness was purely used to reset defensive CDs and traps
    Last edited by Carlaena; 2013-06-13 at 11:09 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I really wish they would just make Rapid Fire a proper cooldown, its great for MM during CA, but very meh outside of that. I would be perfectly happy if Readiness was purely used to reset defensive CDs and traps
    Yea, even if it was 1 min cd I still think it's pretty useless. I'd be happy with just a flat damage increase buff like vendetta, except on the player not the target.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    i managed to get 15 stack i just had Thrill of the Hunt on, maybe its possible with Fervor aswell, idk about dire beast.
    How? BW lasts 10 sec & AS has 1 sec global cooldown. How can you get it to 15 stacks (without readiness). That bonus doesn't make sense to me as BM right now.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    How? BW lasts 10 sec & AS has 1 sec global cooldown. How can you get it to 15 stacks (without readiness). That bonus doesn't make sense to me as BM right now.
    You get 20 seconds of BW at the start of the fight with readiness. You can chain the damage buff through the two bestial wraths.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You get 20 seconds of BW at the start of the fight with readiness. You can chain the damage buff through the two bestial wraths.
    Yea but what happens 1 min later when you don't have readiness. You won't be able to get 15 stacks which is kind of dumb.

  9. #29
    High Overlord Sqeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    125
    a reason to install the PTR client again, whee...

    hopefully it won't mess up the rotation entirely

  10. #30
    Blademaster Gungrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    Yea but what happens 1 min later when you don't have readiness. You won't be able to get 15 stacks which is kind of dumb.
    Yeah that's where the problem lies, i really like that set bonus, we rarely get any increase damage set bonuses like other classes.

  11. #31
    Overall the bonuses seem underwhelming. Don't have anything to add about BM that other people haven't already said, so I won't elaborate further. As far as marks goes though, the bonuses are beyond awful. The 2 pc only works if you cast arcane consistently throughout the fight. Even if you're purposefully ignoring any AI hard casting outside of careful aim, you still won't be casting arcanes at all for the first 20% of a fight (and not nearly as much as usual during the last 20% when kill shot is active). That means that the bonus might add up to 1 extra rapid fire over the course of the fight for marks, which may not even be worth ignoring AI. If the 2 piece does end up being a DPS gain, it will be very slight.

    The 4 piece is just as awful. Any geared hunter with the 15% haste from imp steady shot and 10% haste raid buff active already has an aimed shot with less than a 2 second cast time. Since the global cooldown is 1 second and haste can't change that, that means that at least part of this buff is wasted under normal circumstances. But, while under the effects of any haste procs, rapid fire, or bloodlust, all or nearly all of this proc is wasted because your AI will be close to 1 second already before even factoring the 4 piece bonus. This will still be a gain over using non-tier pieces because it is essentially free damage, but the fact that at least part of the bonus is always wasted (and in some cases, all of the bonus) can't be their intention. This part needs a re design.

    Really disappointing bonuses for the final tier. The 4 piece bonus looks like it could be cool for survival, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-06-14 at 05:36 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    Yea but what happens 1 min later when you don't have readiness. You won't be able to get 15 stacks which is kind of dumb.
    You're looking at it the wrong way. They could have just as easily made it stop at 10 stacks. Letting it go up to 15 gives us a small burst every minute but then a larger burst at the start of the fight and whenever you time up a BW/Readiness/BW. It gives BM slightly more control over our burst, which is only a good thing.

  13. #33
    Blademaster Gungrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    You're looking at it the wrong way. They could have just as easily made it stop at 10 stacks. Letting it go up to 15 gives us a small burst every minute but then a larger burst at the start of the fight and whenever you time up a BW/Readiness/BW. It gives BM slightly more control over our burst, which is only a good thing.
    yeah but thanks to the stampede nerf a thing like this is needed for BM for the start burst to even come close to other classes. should stay 15 but offer maybe 2-3 stacks per attack or change percentage gain.

  14. #34
    Regarding Hunter PvE 4p Survival bonus.
    Problem: When gaining EE stacks during LnL, up to two of these extra stacks will be consumed by the last two ES.
    Test: Get LnL Proc, shoot a free ES, get EE stack, shoot another free ES, EE stack gone.
    Fix: When LnLstack <= 2, don't consume EE charges.

    or?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    Regarding Hunter PvE 4p Survival bonus.
    Problem: When gaining EE stacks during LnL, up to two of these extra stacks will be consumed by the last two ES.
    Test: Get LnL Proc, shoot a free ES, get EE stack, shoot another free ES, EE stack gone.
    Fix: When LnLstack <= 2, don't consume EE charges.

    or?
    Yeah, I was noticing that too. Hopefully we get enough people to tell them before the patch drops.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    Agree, now that it is 30 focus it will be spammed way less just to have enough for a kill command.
    Ive been testing for a few hours on the PTR now and KC is not even worth using outside of BW. 1 Arcane shot does more damage and cost less focus.
    While BW is active its a slight buff to use KC. Arcane shot hit like a truck.

    4 Set stack while BW is active does currently not give any extra damage.

    Both the 2 set and 4 set is EXTREMLY poor as BM at the moment.
    2 Set seen really poor for all speccs.
    4 Set only seems marginally good for SV.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •