10+ Year Old Account

Forgive me for such silly question about ES

Hey everyone, forgive me for such silly question but to be honest I didn't understand the ES change in the incoming patch is it not dispellable anymore ? or I missed something? sorry but English is never my first language.

Thanks in advance folks.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, forgive me for such silly question but to be honest I didn't understand the ES change in the incoming patch is it not dispellable anymore ? or I missed something? sorry but English is never my first language.

Thanks in advance folks.
    IF an enemy healer dispells it, the final tick of the dot goes off, it essentially makes the hammer drop immediately.

So you get some, but not all, of the damage. Still dispellable. I hope that made sense, or I can reclarify.

Also, if used defensively, the same effect occurs (healing burst is immediate, but you lose the initial ticks).

Think of it like a Lifebloom, made of hammers.

FWIW, I think I (and most Ret's) will still use HPr almost exclusively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Also, if used defensively, the same effect occurs (healing burst is immediate, but you lose the initial ticks).

Think of it like a Lifebloom, made of hammers.

FWIW, I think I (and most Ret's) will still use HPr almost exclusively.
    Yeah, definitely. I'm not sure how much the last tick is on a player (haven't used it since like October on a player, just to mess around) but I don't think it will be worth it over Holy Prism, still. We'll see, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, definitely. I'm not sure how much the last tick is on a player
    Last tick is around the same as all the other ticks combined. So 1/2 of what is says on the tooltip. Cool thing is ES behaves like other dots, it snapshots your stats. You can do some tricks with that in mind.