Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    DJ's, A&R people, label managers that I know are picky as hell with what they spinn or sign. There are people who never miss the target because they spend a hell of a lot of time weeding out all the crap. It's a fulltime job going through all the released tracks online.

I actually did a count a while back, I noticed I could listen to around 500 mp3 samples of all different genres(electronic music) and only find about one real, long-lasting track that I really love. As good as the internet has been to spreading music out to the world it also has it's backsides because the digital scene has exploded in such a massive way and there is relatively little quality control online. Before digital shops you had record labels, record distributors and record shops, all checking the music before it ever got out to you. Now, in many cases people can sell direct to the digital stores so there is a redicules amount of clobber that is finding its way out there.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Not at all. No one should take a critic's word to heart, instead use their own common sense in seeing if they like a game or not. Really, if you take a reviewer's word with anything more than a grain of salt, you're probably not that bright.

I watch their stuff from time to time, but only to see the footage and judge the game myself. I absolutly HATE it whenever some moron takes a review site or youtuber's word for law, buys the latest P.O.S title, then does nothing but bitch because they didn't like it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Typically, I'll go see a movie, tv show, or game and then read some reviews just to see if my reaction was the same as theirs. It's also a great way to see if I missed something and they can usually articulate better of what I felt. I don't mind if they have the same reaction or a totally different one as they are very much personal preference and expectations can be wildly different.