Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Mages not good in 5.4? are people still riding that fake train? Mages are the top pvp caster right now and basically carry ele shamans to high ratings, now every other caster is geting MASSIVE survivability nerfs whill mages stay untouched, Mages have been good since Vanilla and are still good right now, and will be dominating even more in 5.4
    uhm.. i dont think this is the case right now ^^.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    ^ Agreed.

    Enh / Hunter / Priest or Enh / Hunter / Rdruid could do well too. Oh! And we forgot Feral / Hunter / Priest, how could we forget!
    enh yea good point.. i didnt read their notes but if nothing drastic; you're probably right

    i realllllyyy hope there's a huge wave of changes they plan on in addition to what they've posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    pretty funny considering, hunters cant be interrupted, can move while casting retaining great mobility, dont have dead zone anymore, and pets deal most of the damage anyway, so even if you cc hunter you are still getting trained by his pet/s- it might not me much for for classes like a rogues it too much specially considering all your anti-rigue/feral abilities
    With the shift of silencing shot to being a MM only ability (instead of binding shot) I think we will see the increase in MM hunters, which doesn't have the 'extra trinket' available. Personally I think that this is the wrong way to go about it but that's just me I guess.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 01:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    enh yea good point.. i didnt read their notes but if nothing drastic; you're probably right

    i realllllyyy hope there's a huge wave of changes they plan on in addition to what they've posted.
    Well GC has tweeted that they plan to do as much to hold off those QQ already to him over the data mined changes.

    Whether these will actually address the issues faced remains to be seen :/
    Last edited by skitzin; 2013-06-14 at 05:51 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    only thing that still looks like it will be good is ele shaman.
    So basically you play a mage because they are not good right? anyone who says mages are in a bad state or are not op is a fucking retard, since tbc you whiney fuckers have been moaning oh mages are not op blah blah, deep freezing popping all cds +1-2 casts and you have someone on <20% is not op? the mage class is solely a cultivation of dumb bastards who constantly complain for nerfs of other classes while they remain at the top and continue to be buffed, and so much for 5.4 being dominated by hunter/melee cleaves, is that why almost every season is 60%+ of all 3v3 teams are caster cleaves above 2200?

    Directed attacks at other posters will result in infractions, be civil please.

    - Yvaelle
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-15 at 08:52 AM.

  4. #24
    Hunter / Melee hybrid / Disc.
    or
    Melee / Melee hybrid / Disc

  5. #25
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,532
    nvm, gonna go all yolo and roll shadowplay

  6. #26
    Hunter across the board.

    We heard you like hunters so we put some hunter in all comps so you can hunter while you hunter.
    PS: Hunters are balanced

    -Blizzard-

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    That's rich coming from a hunter.
    Hahahahah +1

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    So basically you play a mage because they are not good right? anyone who says mages are in a bad state or are not op is a fucking retard, since tbc you whiney fuckers have been moaning oh mages are not op blah blah, deep freezing popping all cds +1-2 casts and you have someone on <20% is not op? the mage class is solely a cultivation of dumb bastards who constantly complain for nerfs of other classes while they remain at the top and continue to be buffed, and so much for 5.4 being dominated by hunter/melee cleaves, is that why almost every season is 60%+ of all 3v3 teams are caster cleaves above 2200?

    Directed attacks at other posters will result in infractions, be civil please.

    - Yvaelle
    I don't play a mage, but they are really easy to train into the ground. A lot of the times they die while they are GCD locked before they can even iceblock. If they actually do manage to get a block off, our disc priest has it off them within a few seconds. Ele shaman are the only casters that are looking to be somewhat tanky enough to withstand all the cleaves.

  9. #29
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Hunter across the board.

    We heard you like hunters so we put some hunter in all comps so you can hunter while you hunter.
    PS: Hunters are balanced

    -Blizzard-
    My hunter is almost 89 now, we'll see how balanced they think hunters are when everybody rerolls to them
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  10. #30
    The PTR isn't up for a week so it's hard to tell. A lot of things can change during PTR, so in this early stage it is kind of pointless to ask these kind of questions.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    pretty funny considering, hunters cant be interrupted, can move while casting retaining great mobility, dont have dead zone anymore, and pets deal most of the damage anyway, so even if you cc hunter you are still getting trained by his pet/s- it might not me much for for classes like a rogues it too much specially considering all your anti-rigue/feral abilities
    Cant be interrupted, because they're a PHYSICAL DPS, not a caster.
    Can cast while moving because we DONT CAST SPELLS, were the ranged version of a melee class.
    Pets deal most of the damage, for BM's because THATS THEIR SPECIALTY.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Cant be interrupted, because they're a PHYSICAL DPS, not a caster.
    Can cast while moving because we DONT CAST SPELLS, were the ranged version of a melee class.
    Pets deal most of the damage, for BM's because THATS THEIR SPECIALTY.
    They are a ranged DPS class. Going back to earlier versions of the game, they suffered similar limitations as casters, including no DPS on the move beyond arcane shot. Blizzard decides the mechanics, not your concept of lore. The bottom line is they enjoy considerable benefits of being a ranged class with very little downside, and most people can see this has had a major impact on PVP balance. You are welcome to disagree with me, but I think the ladder statistics speak for themselves.

  13. #33
    Way to early to say anything about 5.4

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Cant be interrupted, because they're a PHYSICAL DPS, not a caster.
    Can cast while moving because we DONT CAST SPELLS, were the ranged version of a melee class.
    Pets deal most of the damage, for BM's because THATS THEIR SPECIALTY.
    This is why you people get called huntard.

    I'm looking forward to Pally buffs. Time for Ret/FDK/Frost mage to rise again.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    The PTR isn't up for a week so it's hard to tell. A lot of things can change during PTR, so in this early stage it is kind of pointless to ask these kind of questions.
    No, it's not really pointless, because unless people actually get involved with discussions about 5.4 and the ptr and start providing feedback, especially to Holinka on Twitter, balance could worse. Holinka actually does listen to people's feeback.

  16. #36
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,466
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Cant be interrupted, because they're a PHYSICAL DPS, not a caster.
    Can cast while moving because we DONT CAST SPELLS, were the ranged version of a melee class.
    That's the problem, Hunters have the best of both worlds - they are a ranged class with none of the downsides, and a melee class with 40 yard range. The mere act of attacking a caster physically is an enormous "attack speed slow" through spell pushback, when you add in interrupts you shut down a great deal more caster damage again - when you add in silences - a CC school solely for casters - you even further reduce our effectiveness. Hunters have none of that. Hunters are Rogues with 40 yard range. They need to be one or the other, we can't make them melee obviously - so they have to be susceptible to pushback, interrupts and silences as they were pre-Focus.

    Pets deal most of the damage, for BM's because THATS THEIR SPECIALTY.
    Speciality or not, it means that CC against a BM hunter is at best half-effective (and at worst, trinketable by Beast Within or Masters Call) - it's half effective because at best, the hunter does half of their own damage, most of the time most of the damage is an assortment of pets. That means while Blinding a Priest shuts down everything that priest does (100% effective), Blinding a BM hunter shuts down less than half of the BM hunters damage - that's if they don't trinket it with one of their extra trinket-effects.

    Alternately, you may point out - you can CC the pet - but then you still have the hunter on you. Being mostly immune to crowd control isn't a niche - it's an imbalance - for pretty much every other spec of every other class in the game a CC on the player shuts down their effectiveness overwhelmingly: even Demo Locks which are the closest comparison.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's the problem, Hunters have the best of both worlds - they are a ranged class with none of the downsides, and a melee class with 40 yard range. The mere act of attacking a caster physically is an enormous "attack speed slow" through spell pushback, when you add in interrupts you shut down a great deal more caster damage again - when you add in silences - a CC school solely for casters - you even further reduce our effectiveness. Hunters have none of that. Hunters are Rogues with 40 yard range. They need to be one or the other, we can't make them melee obviously - so they have to be susceptible to pushback, interrupts and silences as they were pre-Focus.


    Speciality or not, it means that CC against a BM hunter is at best half-effective (and at worst, trinketable by Beast Within or Masters Call) - it's half effective because at best, the hunter does half of their own damage, most of the time most of the damage is an assortment of pets. That means while Blinding a Priest shuts down everything that priest does (100% effective), Blinding a BM hunter shuts down less than half of the BM hunters damage - that's if they don't trinket it with one of their extra trinket-effects.

    Alternately, you may point out - you can CC the pet - but then you still have the hunter on you. Being mostly immune to crowd control isn't a niche - it's an imbalance - for pretty much every other spec of every other class in the game a CC on the player shuts down their effectiveness overwhelmingly: even Demo Locks which are the closest comparison.
    Should stop the qqing tbh, if we still had mana/were affected by spell power, we wouldn't be able to cast on the move, reroll or l2play your class if you're having trouble with a bm's pet, considering they're killable in a couple of gcds
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-16 at 11:00 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Should stop the qqing tbh, if we still had mana/were affected by spell power, we wouldn't be able to cast on the move, reroll or l2play your class if you're having trouble with a bm's pet, considering they're killable in a couple of gcds
    Not having mana doesn't entitle you to cast on the move. You hunters should just accept the fact that's you're overpowered. As said by others, you have the benefits of the ranged without the drawbacks of one. You're like a melee that has a 40y range on abilities, with a pet that's almost as strong as you.

    Implying he doesn't heal it? And to what point and purpose, might I inquire, would anyone kill something that can come back to life over and over and over?

  19. #39
    What exactly about 5.4 will make double melee comps work so well?

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    pretty funny considering, hunters cant be interrupted, can move while casting retaining great mobility, dont have dead zone anymore, and pets deal most of the damage anyway, so even if you cc hunter you are still getting trained by his pet/s- it might not me much for for classes like a rogues it too much specially considering all your anti-rigue/feral abilities
    thats usually why hunter is the kill target....

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 04:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Khroom View Post
    What exactly about 5.4 will make double melee comps work so well?
    idk but ive got an enha, dk, and rogue on deck and i need to know which one to gear lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •