Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    Yea, if you have prudes on your server, don't expect the cool names to last. I was originally Fistingchamp, then they forced a rename, so I picked Fistingpro, then got a 3 day ban. I expected it to happen, as should you. This thread is nonsense really.
    What is nonsense is naming your character like that. I hope you grow out of that kind of moronic humor because if not, you are going to have a very bad life.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    What is nonsense is naming your character like that. I hope you grow out of that kind of moronic humor because if not, you are going to have a very bad life.
    Really, a bad life? Overreact much? I am pretty sure the creators of some very successful shows have had a wonderful life by being adept that sort of "moronic" humor.. Such as Family Guy, South Park and Tosh.0...

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Really, a bad life? Overreact much? I am pretty sure the creators of some very successful shows have had a wonderful life by being adept that sort of "moronic" humor.. Such as Family Guy, South Park and Tosh.0...
    I was referring to the fact that jerks who name their characters like that think its funny to do in an all ages game. There is a reason why the profanity filter exists, and anyone that uses names like that to circumvent it deserves to get a permaban. I have a 5 year old nephew that plays WoW with me and I don't want him exposed to that kind of cesspool. Players like that are what gives gaming a bad reputation and the sooner they either grow up or get out of our hobby, the better.

That is a completely inappropriate name. I hope you get banned permanently if you keep naming your toons like that because you are the type of person that gives gaming a bad name. As far as the reporting, that is all automated now. Once a name gets x number of reports, it forces the name change. I personnaly report ever name that is remotely vulgar or insulting. The sooner childish idiots like get fed up and quit playing (or at least grow up), the better.
    sigh... It's just a name from a movie. http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002434/
    Little bit childish to get upset over it, don't you think?

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:59 AM ----------

What is moronic about it? There's really nothing wrong with the name unless you want there to be. Monks use their fists to fight, but I guess I shouldn't use that word anymore then.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-06-14 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There is a guy named Salty Cawk on my realm. He's been reported by dozens of people, and still has the name.

Blizzard doesn't apply their rules uniformly.
    Totally genius.

complaining that you had to rename when other people got away with it seems a bit ad populum to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Along with refusing to rename your toon I suggest you hold your breath and stamp your feet as it is CLEARLY Blizzard who are at fault here and by these actions they shall cave to your demands without a doubt!!
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2013-06-14 at 12:21 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

I was referring to the fact that jerks who name their characters like that think its funny to do in an all ages game. There is a reason why the profanity filter exists, and anyone that uses names like that to circumvent it deserves to get a permaban. I have a 5 year old nephew that plays WoW with me and I don't want him exposed to that kind of cesspool. Players like that are what gives gaming a bad reputation and the sooner they either grow up or get out of our hobby, the better.
    it's not an all ages game it's rated teen ie 13+ and trust me by that time they've heard it all

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That would be an "R" rated movie. Again, that is point. WoW is not a mature only title. There is a profanity filter and names like that get through it. It is inexcusable. Nothing childish about being upset when people break the rules to be vulgar. What is childish is thinking there is nothing wrong with behavior like that.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    You got reported and the other 174 didn't. That's all there is to it.
    100% correct. You were reported that's why. Back before Catastrophe was released the day worgens were announced I made a priest named Aworgasm so I could save the name before Cata I was reported had to change my name when Cata came out someone rolled a toon Aworgasm. So you may have been reported by someone wanting to steal your name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol then don't make a name that you know will likely get reported....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanboost View Post
    I'm angry that I'm being forced to rename when 174 other people get away with it.
    One day you will realise that you are being silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    What's the point of a name like that? It's not funny if your mental age is over 13, and obviously it violates the ToS.

I'd have reported you too, just like I've reported all of the "Wetcleetorus" over the years.

It's actually fucking hilarious.
    Look! Words!

Fact is, just because other people may or may not have been reported doesn't mean it's right for you to have the name too. As other have pointed out, the name goes against the ToS. Some find it funny, some don't. Rename your char and play your monk. Shouldn't be about what their name is, entirely, it should be if you enjoy playing the character.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Why did you actually forced to rename? i dont see what the problem is ? is it offensive in some language?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    You got reported and the other 174 didn't. That's all there is to it.
    Not necessarily. I made a ticket about a player ages ago and when the GM answered it, he/she told me I'll need to change my character's name when I log back into the game. I asked them if someone had reported me and they told me no one had but it wasn't appropriate.
    It was a name I had used for a very long time and included the word "bewbs". My 6 year old niece says boobs. My guess is that sometimes a GM is just having a bad day or is in a bad mood. Of course you still get them putting smiley faces occasionally in their sentences and thanking you for your report so they're doing a stand up job as always.

Deleted
    I agree, Salty Cawk is a real genius

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:54 AM ----------

I totally agree, Salty Cawk is a genius

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There is a guy named Salty Cawk on my realm. He's been reported by dozens of people, and still has the name.

Blizzard doesn't apply their rules uniformly.
    Cawk alone probably doesn't even violate the naming rules. My current GM's main is called Nadz and he always wears the Salty title. He's had that name forever.

They don't apply the rules "uniformly" because if they went around policing every clever respelling of a name to look vaguely vulgar they'd have to hire thousands of people to monitor names 24/7. People view it as a game, every time they block something they try to find a way to wriggle around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report the other 174. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And it has the same vulgar meaning in the movie too. Sorry, it breaks Blizzard's rules and the OP just got unlucky enough to be reported. Care cup = empty.
    Putin khuliyo