Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had the character Migdetpron since 2007, no name change required. Just don't be a dick and reporting you doesn't get over into positive numbers in the Cost/Benefit analysis people do in their heads.

I hate people with names like that, because I have to call them out when leading a raid. It's not funny, it's not original; it's just lame. Change it and think next time before you break ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Cawk alone probably doesn't even violate the naming rules. My current GM's main is called Nadz and he always wears the Salty title. He's had that name forever.

They don't apply the rules "uniformly" because if they went around policing every clever respelling of a name to look vaguely vulgar they'd have to hire thousands of people to monitor names 24/7. People view it as a game, every time they block something they try to find a way to wriggle around it.
    My current server has a "Goo" who uses the Salty title...my old server used to have a "Liquid" who used the title.

Alone, those don't violate the naming policies. I don't know how they can stop someone using a title they put in the game, so that's why they're still there, I'd assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Personally I wish they actually enforced the ToS naming policy, at least on RP realms, more than they do already.
    this may sound douchy but im one of those that has a ticket up all the time, from the time i log on to the time i log off with names i feel break the RP ToS
    usualy report 10-20 people every day.

not sure if it works, but it sure as hell wont change if we dont want it.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    it is funny to me that people complain they have to change a name that they knew was inappropriate when they made it. it is pretty obvious what will happen in the end isnt it?
    Truth.... crying no fair is quite funny on the OP's part. If you want, you can make 174 level 1's in the realms of those 174 individuals and report their names, but will you actually do that? Oh wait, this is WoW... some people have too much time on their hands.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    That would be an "R" rated movie. Again, that is point. WoW is not a mature only title. There is a profanity filter and names like that get through it. It is inexcusable. Nothing childish about being upset when people break the rules to be vulgar. What is childish is thinking there is nothing wrong with behavior like that.

That movie was pg-13..........

imo all of those people should have to rename themselves to something more appropriate. however, blizzard obviously doesn't patrol names and if they do, then not very often. you were probably reported by a player who felt that your name was inappropriate, which it was. those players that share the same name as you may or may not find themselves having to change their names as well. just because they haven't had to yet doesn't mean that you shouldn't be "punished" with a forced name change. that's like saying a bunch of people broke a law without getting caught, but when you did it and got caught, you don't deserve to face the consequences. if you don't want to be punished for doing something inappropriate, then don't do it to begin with. you should be intelligent enough to know right from wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Sometimes I shoplift chocolate bars from convenience stores... But it's ok because other people do it too.
    Do the stores you shoplift from have a searchable public database that lists other people who shoplift? It's difficult to know what's "ok" when other people are openly engaging in the same behavior and not being punished for it.

This isn't some random untraceable act by players. If Blizzard requires a name change of one player, they should do the same of all players with the "bad" name.

Fookyu is not a funny movie reference either..

15+ Year Old Account
    The name was fucking stupid. As is necroing this month old thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a 10k gold bet with a guy in my guild at the start of MoP. I bet him that he wouldn't make it from lvl 1-90 without being made to change his name. He named his toon "Ballsdeepinu". Turns out, I was wrong... It must have been funny enough that people weren't offended by it. *shrug* You win some you lose some. That's the risk you take when you break the ToS for character naming, which you agreed to when you started playing and every subsequent major patch since.

Oh the days my Rogue was named Fckface .... Then i got reported for being awesome ( outdpsin' everyone :<)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Cawk alone probably doesn't even violate the naming rules. My current GM's main is called Nadz and he always wears the Salty title. He's had that name forever.
    From Blizzard's site:

Obscene/Vulgar
    This category includes both clear and masked names which:

Are inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions

Blizzard doesn't actively search out names that are inappropriate, it would be a waste of resources. It just so happens that someone got offended by your name and reported it. You may have seen your name as a funny reference to Austin Powers, but someone else might not have gotten the reference and thought it was just a rude remark. I mean, you can't be that surprised that you got reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    174 people?

That's a whole lot of unoriginal unfunny people right there....
    208 chose fookmi, 175 fookme, and 164 fookyou. I didnt try any other variations but I must admit I'm surprised at how many had chosen these names

My friend had to change his name, Bullshift, and there were tons of people with that name on other realms. He just constantly checked to see when it became unflagged and paid to change it back when he was able to.

Very recently, my friend was forced to change his rogue's name. "Targel". I'm still trying to figure out what was offensive about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WOTLK i made my Death Knight called "Cervixmucus" but halfway through hellfire peninsula i was auto logged out and forced to rename.

i was a little sad, because i used the scientific term. whats offensive about science?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Does it not seem a little childish to break the ToS and then point the finger when other get away with it as some sort of justification for breaking the ToS?
    This exactly.

You knew what you were doing was against the rules, you did it anyway. You got caught, forced to rename, and rather than deal with it in a mature way all you can do is goto forums and cry because other people get away with it. That's pretty pathetic.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    After four-plus pages I think everything that needs to be said about this has been said more than once. Besides, this is an issue between you and Blizzard and there's really nothing we can do for you here. So closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."