PVE: AMoc or BS?

so here we got Blink Strike changed in the hotfix 2 days ago. however i am still confused about the change. A minimal range of 10 yards added means that the pet will no longer blink once he is already behind the mob he is attcking right? So that means it will be pretty much useless in signle mob fight like Jinrok , iron qon or Durumu?...if that is the case i think i should be switching to Amoc..for both Sur and BM right?

The damage increase of blink strikes is too good not to pass up for bm. For SV, I guess it's debatable.

(for clarification, blink strikes for BM is better than AMoC)
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-13 at 11:40 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I think you are confused on how it works. The 50% damage bonus applies to every basic attack, regardless if the pet blinks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The damage increase of blink strikes is too good not to pass up for bm. For SV, I guess it's debatable.
    wow fast reply..thanks! but sorry i dont get it. if it works as what i said then it only cast BS once (at the very begining of the fight) to get to the back of the boss right? then how do we benefit from that? or you saying the 50% bonus is just passive that is not related with if BS is casted?

Quote Originally Posted by tomatoboyfj View Post
    wow fast reply..thanks! but sorry i dont get it. if it works as what i said then it only cast BS once (at the very begining of the fight) to get to the back of the boss right? then how do we benefit from that? or you saying the 50% bonus is just passive that is not related with if BS is casted?
    The 50% bonus is unrelated to whether or not Blink Strikes is cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The 50% bonus is unrelated to whether or not Blink Strikes is cast.
    Okkkk. i thought it is only actived after the BS cast..so it is still awesome for BM for sure. for Sur.. ye i dont know. maybe AMoC will end up with a bit higher number in simcraft (for signle target). but for real boss fights, if i need to switch to sv i think it means that i need to mulit dot/switch target a lot, which bs might still be the better choice. e.g. on turtle i can barely get enough focus to do Amoc (our raid dont have enough melee so i need to help aoe bats)

Blink Strikes is superior to AMoC in almost every situation.

Blink Strikes and Blink Strike (old talent) are completely different things...

The new Blink Strikes talent just means your pet teleports to the target, if needed, when it uses its Claw/Bite/Smack attacks and it does 50% more damage with those attacks.

There is no thing as a Blink Strike anymore.

Deleted
    The only fight I would not recommend to use Blink Strikes as BM is Megeara (esp HC if you are progressing) because it can and possibly will lose you alot of damage uptime due to your pet being flung about by the water, this may just be a personal issue with pets flying around :P. Any other fight just use Blink Strikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    The only fight I would not recommend to use Blink Strikes as BM is Megeara (esp HC if you are progressing) because it can and possibly will lose you alot of damage uptime due to your pet being flung about by the water, this may just be a personal issue with pets flying around :P. Any other fight just use Blink Strikes.
    Oh this shit is going down on me hard, i seem to forget to spec out of blink strike every time we pull this snakehead on hc, and my pet is just going full retard.

Deleted
    I prefer AmoC to Blink Strikes as BM when there are damage buffs that only last for a short time e.g. Jin'Rokhs water or Ji-Kuns food buff. Megaera worked fine with Blink Strikes yesterday (BM), my pet didn't bug out once. But, it was only 25 NM, so this does mean nothing for HC.
    Last edited by mmocf2171a65b3; 2013-06-14 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

That whole "water pushing" effect there doesn't really effect pets, It's more that once it's in the water, it's pathing dictates making it run all the way around the left edge of the water to near the very back of the room to get back to land. I've watched it happen on several occasions. Without BS, the pet never really fully enters the water.

It would likely be fine to deal with if there wasn't some down-time with heads being up, as you could just send it from one to the other - but as they disappear for a few seconds, you have nothing to send him on in the water to keep him from running all the way around to return to land. And I think by the time the next head comes up, he will still continue running all the way around even if going back to the head might be shorter.

Perhaps there are more intricacies to it that I haven't seen and someone has managed to pull off BS use on Megaera reliably (with Move-To or whatever), but I agree that it's not worth the hassle. Blizzard just needs to design fights specifically with pet pathing in mind, and of course, they rarely do (aaaaaaaaaaaand this is why I want a hunter version of warlock demon sacrifice).

Iam looking into this right now and from what I have seen AMoC is still superior.

Ive only done 6 fights so far with Blink Strikes instead of AmoC, but so far ive seen a pretty significant loss.

I was hitting around 117k yesterday and today after two raids Iam doing like maybe 90k. I held 120k for a while on one fight but it dropped to a little over 90 by the end.

Could be me, could be the fights. The 50% bonus seems so good, so Iam going to keep trying it, but I have enjoyed using AMoC so far and if I see more dps with it Ill surely change back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    Iam looking into this right now and from what I have seen AMoC is still superior.
    Even on a fight like Jin, BS is still superior. Is there even one fight where AMoC is better atm, anyone? and even if BS was lower, there's no way in hell you'd drop almost 30k, sorry, you're simply doing it wrong. Purely for BM of course. Even if you had a terrible RNG streak, you simply would not lose almost 30k over a single talent.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-06-20 at 06:04 PM.

Had a nightmare with blink strikes on Magera ESP when switching from adds to head, KC would cast and I had to retrieve my pet each time by putting it on passive and then back to KC. I had no idea where my pet went lol.