Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    As for a spellcaster weapon enchant, I guess 30 spellpower I am using now might still be the strongest enchant out there until lvl 30 (the wrath equialvent is 81 spellpower at lvl 80, 40 spellpower is available at lvl 35), as it will probably not get scaled down (since it already doesnt require a item level), but you never know. Nevertheless, if this stays like this, a base stat increase is worth so much more then all the procs at low level. Getting from 1-20 is the annoying part.

Since weapons only go to 80 or 85 (no real need to upgrade your weapon, as they drop by the dozen in Cata), I guess wrath and cata enchants are the way to go. My guess is that it Power Torrent will be just as powerfull as Jade Spirit, perhaps even stronger, not sure about the intellect per second. Damage enchants like Avalanche, Elemental Force and Icebraker might proof to be the strongest ones out there.

Levelingwise, I would never go for a stat proc, as 50% of the uptime (at least), your enemies are already dead. A damage proc never gets wasted (ah well, almost never), so, best weap enchants leveling and PvP wise, I would go for base stats or damage procs. Only time will tell what scales best.
    Enchanting heirlooms for use in leveling PvE is a giant waste. You already one or two-shot mobs out in the world, provided you aren't trying to play an Affliction Warlock or something with equally pathetic burst capability.. tanks are nigh indestructible even in DPS gear.. sure, you use the gear for a decently long time, but do you ever really need it to be better than it already is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I don't think the upperscale enchants from the current expansion are what people are going to get in spades for their alts. I'd personally think that the vast majority of people will go for the cheaper enchants like windsong and call it a day, knowing that they're still getting something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Enchanting heirlooms for use in leveling PvE is a giant waste. You already one or two-shot mobs out in the world, provided you aren't trying to play an Affliction Warlock or something with equally pathetic burst capability.. tanks are nigh indestructible even in DPS gear.. sure, you use the gear for a decently long time, but do you ever really need it to be better than it already is?
    I wouldnt call it a waste. The most annoying part of leveling a toon is 1-15/20. Heirlooms on low level make you strong, but with enchants, they make you invincible. With 30 extra spellpower, you more then triple your spellpower at lvl 1, and still double it at lvl 15. With enchants on this level you can simply tag a mob and move to the next one. Every little bit that helps you going trough this horrible slow phase of the game helps.

On further levels I agree it does not make much of a difference. That said, with the scaled enchants incoming, some enchants might be worth something. Yes, even in PvE. Moving to higher levels, you do not feel particularly strong in Heirloom gear, you will still die pulling a shitload of mobs if you dont watch out, you are not oneshotting each mob. With 5.4 we can put cheap intellect enchants on cloaks, stats on chest, intellect on legs, intellect on shoulders and perhaps a better scaling enchant then 30 spellpower now on a weapon. All this combined will make leveling much more of a breeze then it is now. Again, the game isnt hard or challenging to level 90 at all, but it still costs a lot of time, so every little bit that makes you stronger helps you going trough the game faster.

PvP wise all enchants help ofcourse, but I would still advice to stay away from stat procs if you are a damage dealer.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I found this awesome spreadsheet on another website, where you can see how all enchants scale, so you pick your best enchants!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AnBPvCvqWJ3udENtVlVmcjA4Q3ZQWmZKWHE3c201UXc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=17

Thanks to Nicktricktricky on stormspire.net

So, I just tried out some of the enchants on the PTR (forgot to transfer arcane dust, so no mongoose/executioner).
    The tooltips depend on your level, so you can see what you get when you hover over your scroll.
    Enchants that do not show a value (Icebreaker for example) seem not to proc at all.

From my testing (1-2x) I can say Windsong is very, very strong (for example a 54 haste proc at lvl 3 makes your casts almost instant, and even at level 22 it still gives 100%+ haste). At about level 30 to 40 you will probably switch to a main stat enchant (Power torrent I assume). Also elemental force is very strong, high proc chance with great damage.

I also notices the shoulder enchants, and if you still have them on it the helm enchants also scale.

Last edited by Puri; 2013-07-21 at 02:04 PM.

For every expansion I've always stocked up on BC enchanting mats. Heirloom enchants sell extremely well. Especially Wep - Spellpower, Mongoose, Greater Stats. Not forgetting +14 Agi to wep (daggers).

I think Power Torrent is gonna be a big hit with casters due to the visual effect. Windsong could be huge, too, due to uptime
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a slight complaint about the scaling. They don't actually scale properly, for some of them. The best example is the +stats enchant to chest. At level 1, the best you can get is +4 - however, my druid is level 56 and his chest enchant is +3. I haven't really tested anything else, but it feels like they skip tiers or something. Very annoying, as the +4 stats enchant that WAS on my druid's chest cost me a small fortune, as the enchant itself is very hard to find. While I'm sure it'll pay out at higher levels, right now it's a major waste of money.

Also, colossus sucks at that level, too. 281 damage is maybe one hit from an enemy. Wasted money again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only enchants that will scale are the high lvl enchants. If the original lvl of the enchant was for lvl 60, then that enchant will not scale up to lvl 70, it will stay at the intended lvl 60 value. Same goes for your +4 stats to chest chant, it's max value was always +4 and will always be +4 no matter what lvl your toon is. You will want the +80 stats to chest on your heirloom chest piece now if you want the stats to keep increasing as you lvl. Same goes for all the other enchants, they will not scale past there originally intended lvl of use.

One thing I have noted though, on the chest enchant, All enchants scale down except the +15 stat on chest, at my current lowest is 40+ I even tried on lower toons.
    That the +15 do not scale down as all the other chest enchants, so at any level it is +15 stat, allways. I tried the +20 and the +80 , it gave me +3 at lvl 40, but not the +15 so prob one they missed or something, but if I would be you i would use it before they fix it people prob dont know that, not that many atleast, it would sell like butter if everyone knew about it

Is there any comprised list of enchants available for heirlooms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melisabush21 View Post
    Is there any comprised list of enchants available for heirlooms?
    All enchants can be put on heirlooms now as they will scale as you level. They will not scale past their originally intended level of use though. For example, an enchant that use to have a ilvl requirement of 35 does not scale up past what it would max out at. Meaning as you increase in character level past 35 the enchant would no longer scale. The only enchants that u could use for the entire leveling process, and have them scale with your toon, would be the MoP enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    All enchants can be put on heirlooms now as they will scale as you level. They will not scale past their originally intended level of use though. For example, an enchant that use to have a ilvl requirement of 35 does not scale up past what it would max out at. Meaning as you increase in character level past 35 the enchant would no longer scale. The only enchants that u could use for the entire leveling process, and have them scale with your toon, would be the MoP enchants.
    This is correct which made me wonder why people were bothering with older enchants. Put MoP enchants/enhancements on heirlooms and off you go.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    This is correct which made me wonder why people were bothering with older enchants. Put MoP enchants/enhancements on heirlooms and off you go.
    The enchants scale differently, so at level 1-60 a vanilla enchant might actually be better than Landslide or stats to chest. Of course as you hit 61+ you'll want better enchants, as the vanilla enchants won't scale upwards.
    Enchants such as Windsong really loose their power after level 30 something, making a SP/int enchant way better. At least up until Wrath/Cata content.

Shit I forgot about this. I need to dust off one of those old alts and deck him out with heirlooms as I have plenty of JP from all the heroics I do on all my toons.