Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The leadup quests sound very Warrior related, the position is obviously Rebellion related. Saurfang did swear in Northrend that he would take Garrosh down should he ever lose sight as a Warchief.

I'd love to see a Warrior quest line but I doubt they would send Alliance warriors to Orgrimmar, and I doubt they would make 2 separate quests for both factions.

I'm stumped, but very eager to see where this is going.

Edit: Actually, did anyone else notice WHERE in the database these quests are? Quests > Classes > Warrior. Seems like we're getting a quest. Wonder what they're doing with Alliance warriors..
    Last edited by Rusken; 2013-06-17 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    I think this is a warrior specific Legendary quest.

There might be other class specific legendary quests too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I think this is a warrior specific Legendary quest.

There might be other class specific legendary quests too.
    Not necessarily a legendary quest, but the race-specific weapon models datamined back on 5.2 certainly came poping in my head, particulary the orcish 2H axe...

link to thread
    Last edited by mmoce3896f30ad; 2013-06-17 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He will fall once...and for all. And we'll all dance.
    Dancin' all da night, mon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, because of the quests before that.

"I've heard your name, <name>. Many times. You are, and long have been, one of the Horde's more accomplished warriors.

Still, you and I are strangers, and I need to know how capable you are before I can help you with your scroll.

The xxx have recently uncovered xxx. Prove yourself by bringing back spoils from these dungeons."

the bold part means "you are a level 90 or above" lol

also: it appears that the thing that starts the questline is called "Armsmaster's Scroll", so it's probably a "green fire" questline to give warriors some sort of badass weapon or something like that.
    Maybe it's got something to do with these polearms Warriors seem to love?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, because of the quests before that.

"I've heard your name, <name>. Many times. You are, and long have been, one of the Horde's more accomplished warriors.

Still, you and I are strangers, and I need to know how capable you are before I can help you with your scroll.

The xxx have recently uncovered xxx. Prove yourself by bringing back spoils from these dungeons."

the bold part means "you are a level 90 or above" lol

also: it appears that the thing that starts the questline is called "Armsmaster's Scroll", so it's probably a "green fire" questline to give warriors some sort of badass weapon or something like that.
    Ah ok didn't know about that part.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Found this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33001

"This scroll outlines the Technique of the Armsmaster - a technique which I haven't seen used in years. I can fill in the blanks in the scroll for you, but without experience, this scroll is nothing but words on paper."

Which leads to: Glyph of the Armsmaster

Could this be Warrior's equivalent of Glyph of Demonhunting ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    So... at the end it's a quest for the proving grounds. And that means that completing proving grounds gets you a new glyph. So I suppose that every class will have something like this. A shame, got my hopes high for a warrior class quest.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get all this saurfang hype honestly

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I dont get all this saurfang hype honestly
    Hes the brother of broxigar the badass

Hes seen more shit and done more shit than most soldiers will ever have to endure.

He is the veteran of 3 wars

He was the might of kalimdor which led the horde to victory in siltithus

He was there to save my ass in borean tundra and never took the credit instead just saying dont mention this to anyone while he cleaved the shit out of the ghouls and the necromancer.

The guy is a fucking legend

Deleted
    Saurfang for Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    This was my reaction also. I am Alliance but man it is great to see Saurfang back in Kalimdor alive and well.
    My thoughts exactly, I always wondered what happened to him after he collected the remains of his son from ICC :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    My thoughts exactly, I always wondered what happened to him after he collected the remains of his son from ICC :<
    Garrosh left him in Northrend when he became Warchief, because he didn't want anyone messing with his changes to the status quo. Saurfang "retired" after that, as he was weary and old and wanted to properly mourn his son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Found this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33001

"This scroll outlines the Technique of the Armsmaster - a technique which I haven't seen used in years. I can fill in the blanks in the scroll for you, but without experience, this scroll is nothing but words on paper."

Which leads to: Glyph of the Armsmaster

Could this be Warrior's equivalent of Glyph of Demonhunting ?
    Well… Sometimes the reward isn’t as important as what it takes to get it, something many players of this game have long since forgotten. I love my Sceptre of the Shifting Sands for exactly this reason; the journey was more important than its destination.

If I can get involved with Saurfang, in any way, you’d better believe I’m going to. He could give me a dried cat turd wrapped in a post-it and, frankly, I’d have it in my bags until I quit this game for good.

Deleted
    Sorry for the necro, but it seemed easier to post in this thread than putting all the information in a new one (especially, being not allowed to post

links yet).

So, with 5.4 close to release, is there any more information available about this quest chain?

Is it really just the starter quest for warriors' Proving Grounds? And is the "Glyph of the Armsmaster" the same thing as Glyph of the Weaponmaster" ?

I just remembered this quest chain, could not really find any new info on it, could anybody who is on the PTR give more insight on it?

Thanks, Andi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nothing's going on in Stormwind, that's the point.
    The most glorious moment in the Alliance's history was when Saurfang led them into battle.

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"