Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    Oh great, show me a Xbox clone controller for the PS4 on Amazon.
    http://i.imgur.com/oSi1MMu.jpg
    This was shown at E3, it's a PS4 controller. It'll probably be purchasable on Amazon. Glad I could be of such help.

EDIT: My apologies in advance if it isn't purchasable on Amazon and is instead purchasable on Newegg or something. Feel my snark. Let it wash over you.

What absolute control does Microsoft have over me if I purchase.. say Halo 8. Nothing. I can play it at my house.
    Provided your internet doesn't go down or occasionally burps. VERY high chance that Halo 5 is to be a "cloud streaming" game.

I can play it at your house.
    For one hour, and you have to first deactivate it from your live account in order to let your friend borrow it. Also, you can only bring it to that one friend. There's no word if Halo will continue to have a split-screen function. Did the last one even have that?

I can play it at a LAN/Internet Cafe.
    We haven't heard anything about LAN connections at all.

I can NOT play it if I choose. Are they going to take away the license if I don't play the game?
    If you lent it to a friend to play? Yes.

Are they going to take away the license if I conduct myself maliciously on their servers? Yes, and they have a right too.
    Answered your own one right there. :P

By the way, Halo 5 is a far better choice. By the time we get to Halo 8 - MS might've totally abandoned console gaming altogether or Bill Gates came back and fired half of the crew after derping up the Xbone so badly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Provided your internet doesn't go down or occasionally burps. VERY high chance that Halo 5 is to be a "cloud streaming" game.
    My internet hasn't gone down in 245 days 8 hours and 57 minutes according my my router. Again, if inconsistent internet is a problem for you, you should find a new provider instead of rationalizing your purchases around shobby internet.

For one hour, and you have to first deactivate it from your live account in order to let your friend borrow it. Also, you can only bring it to that one friend. There's no word if Halo will continue to have a split-screen function. Did the last one even have that?
    I'm not talking about lending a game. I don't lend my games out. I found people don't take care of my games, like I do. They have already stated I can log in my Live account at your house, or anyones house, and have access to all my games via the cloud. That sounds great to me, instead of having to carry a case everywhere I go.

We haven't heard anything about LAN connections at all.
    I brought up LAN/Internet cafe because they have internet. I was pointing out the fact that I can log on any XB1 and get any single game I own or saved game file from the cloud. Sounds great to me,

If you lent it to a friend to play? Yes.
    Already answered, but last game I lent to a friend came back and I can't play Single Player MW3 anymore. Maybe you have better friends than I do, but I like to keep my games nice and new.

Answered your own one right there. :P
    Not sure what you are implying? If I hack on their servers or try to obtain illegal copies of their games and use on their servers, they have a right to ban me. You don't agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/oSi1MMu.jpg
    This was shown at E3, it's a PS4 controller. It'll probably be purchasable on Amazon. Glad I could be of such help.

EDIT: My apologies in advance if it isn't purchasable on Amazon and is instead purchasable on Newegg or something. Feel my snark. Let it wash over you.
    You linked their PS3 tournament controller, which is also advertised on their website. If your entire argument is based around me waiting to by a Xbox controller on the PS4, which will eventually come out, then my argument to you is to get a modded XB1 and deactivate the internet requirement, which will also undoubtedly come out.

"If your internet goes out for any reason for an extended period of time" then you need to take it up with your ISP, because you have a problem with them. If your internet is without connection for over 24 hours, or you live in an area with shobby connection, then the XB1 isn't targeted to you nor would it be a smart purchase for you. If thats the case, there is no reason to bash the XB1, since it doesn't apply to you. Why would you even look at a product that requires a connection once a day, when you can't get that? If you just 'hate the fact that it NEEDS internet' then you are probably going to hate a lot of future products. Can I name any of the top of my head? Nope, but to say new products are going to come out that don't require internet connection is foolish

Ok this is the stupidest argument i've ever heard supporting microsoft, im sorry but microsoft is a business, it is a businesses job to make the consumers happy, why should it be the fault of the consumer because he doesn't have internet connection? or god forbid a power outage happens. why should the consumer have to comply to microsofts unreasonable changes? i understand entirely why microsoft did the DRM but if the consumer cant make that checkup why should they be punished for it by losing everything they have tied to that game... and required to purchase yet another code to activate it? i'm sorry but that's bullshit in it's finest form. Yes games like D3 are annoying when you have no internet connection to play it but the difference is when you can't play that for a while you can still come back later and have everything you've worked for still in your possession because you aren't renting the game you OWN the game. when people get games for Xbone they won't truely be owning them at all, they will be renting them. How this concept is so difficult for people to understand is beyond me because it is so plain as day. if microsoft truly wants to appeal to their customers they will take a hint from Steam and add an offline mode or i don't know store game files in the fucking hardware rather than in some server hundreds of miles away that we can't get to w/o connection.

My internet hasn't gone down in 245 days 8 hours and 57 minutes according my my router. Again, if inconsistent internet is a problem for you, you should find a new provider instead of rationalizing your purchases around shobby internet.
    Not everybody has that option. I don't, for example, and I'm not even in a rural area. Here in southern Orange County (practically right next door to Blizzard itself), we have one option for Internet service.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 11:18 AM ----------

You linked their PS3 tournament controller, which is also advertised on their website. If your entire argument is based around me waiting to by a Xbox controller on the PS4, which will eventually come out, then my argument to you is to get a modded XB1 and deactivate the internet requirement, which will also undoubtedly come out.
    Your argument is ludicrous, good sir. I'd palm-slap you with a glove, if I could. In any case, you're quite obviously far too devoted to one console to really be reasonable about this, so there's not much point going further here.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-06-15 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    Ok this is the stupidest argument i've ever heard supporting microsoft, im sorry but microsoft is a business, it is a businesses job to make the consumers happy, why should it be the fault of the consumer because he doesn't have internet connection? or god forbid a power outage happens. why should the consumer have to comply to microsofts unreasonable changes? i understand entirely why microsoft did the DRM but if the consumer cant make that checkup why should they be punished for it by losing everything they have tied to that game... and required to purchase yet another code to activate it? i'm sorry but that's bullshit in it's finest form. Yes games like D3 are annoying when you have no internet connection to play it but the difference is when you can't play that for a while you can still come back later and have everything you've worked for still in your possession because you aren't renting the game you OWN the game. when people get games for Xbone they won't truely be owning them at all, they will be renting them. How this concept is so difficult for people to understand is beyond me because it is so plain as day. if microsoft truly wants to appeal to their customers they will take a hint from Steam and add an offline mode or i don't know store game files in the fucking hardware rather than in some server hundreds of miles away that we can't get to w/o connection.
    God forbid Microsoft not target everyone. Jesus, can you believe the PS4 requires electricity? What about people who live in the middle of the Amazon. They are a business, why aren't they targeting rural tribesman?

If you have a power outage, I don't think you will be playing PS4 either.

I can see them probably added an offline mode like Stream, it makes the most sense for playing single player games and to minimize the backlash (just take this thread for example).

As far as saving your files, cloud isn't the only way. You can store them locally, I was merely pointing out that cloud really appeals to me and numerous others as well.

//Didn't break your post up cause it was all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Not everybody has that option. I don't, for example, and I'm not even in a rural area. Here in southern Orange County (practically right next door to Blizzard itself), we have one option for Internet service.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 11:18 AM ----------

Your argument is ludicrous, good sir. I'd palm-slap you with a glove, if I could. In any case, you're quite obviously far too devoted to one console to really be reasonable about this, so there's not much point going further here.
    Again, if an internet connection is the problem for you and the reason you are bashing the XB1, then the XB1 isn't for you. Shit, I want a big ass lifted pickup that gets 4 miles per gallon, but I can't afford it. Doesn't mean I'm going to go on forums and say how bad those trucks are and everyone should buy a Prius because it's so much better.

Like I originally said, I am a Xbox fanboy, but there are tons of things I love about the PS4 as well. Things I wish the XB1 would incorporate, infact. I am just trying to counter argue all the hate at Microsoft. There is no point in going further because of your hate of the XB1 and you will never change sides.

If the XB1 is launched it is just horrible and for some reason my internet turns to crap, and I can't pay any games or partake in any services that I purchased, you can bet your ass I will sell it on eBay and buy a PS4. On the same token, gauging your comments, that isn't an option for you, cause you are so hardlined at how amazing the PS4 is going to be.
    Last edited by JustForThisThread; 2013-06-15 at 06:25 PM.

M
    o_O

...I can't possibly measure the sheer amount of stupid that is within that comparison. They're actually making that controller and selling it. You're saying wait for somebody to hack an Xbox One to play games offline and buy that (........).

Well, for starters, one of those things is legal... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the military, do you not care about them? What the Xbox One is doing with the 24 hour check-in is basically a big middle-finger to the troops.

As far as saving your files, cloud isn't the only way. You can store them locally, I was merely pointing out that cloud really appeals to me and numerous others as well.
    I do feel the need to at least point out that you are misunderstanding how Microsoft has proposed using the Cloud for gaming. Steam uses the cloud for gamesaves, which is what you're thinking of. But Microsoft is proposing using the cloud for processing power, which means you would have to stay connected no matter what to play the game, and we all know how well that worked out for, say, Simcity.

Of course, not every game would use such a feature, and none of the games showcased at E3 did... but that is what Microsoft is proposing. Their reasoning was that it would allow developers to create far more complex games, which honestly may very well be true, and is a very good sentiment, but still has the problem of requiring a constant unbreaking Internet connection. A cloud-processed game makes more sense on a PC than it does on a mass-market console.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-06-15 at 06:25 PM.

Would love to hear your 100% certainty reasons. I had a lot of real life friends who tried to argue that PS4 > XB1 argument, but I just can't see it at all. I'll be the first to admit I am an Xbox fanboy, but the original thing that through me off of Playstation consoles in the past was the controller. When the original Xbox came out, the controller just seemed to melt in my hands and I just can't get used to the PS controllers (any generation of them honestly).

I'll give the PS4 credit, it has some great exclusive games that I'm sure I will play on friends consoles, because they look that good, but the same can be said for Xbox One (and if you disagree, then you are just being naive and can't get over your Sony favoritism). Also, I like how Netflix comes with the PSOnline (I think that's what it's called?), although that's not a big seller for me because I torrent nearly all my movies and TV shows.

I hated the Kinect on the 360, but so far the new Kinect (Kinect 2?) looks very good. I'm excited to get rid of my HTPC and use my XB1 for all my entertainment means. Really if you're that paranoid that Microsoft Xbox is going to spy or do check in's on you, then you should just get off the internet now. I'm excited to see how the new Kinect recognizes people based off looks and voice (as they said in their initial reveal it would). If it's anything but perfect, I will be pissed and be one of the first people spamming the interwebs on how bad they screwed it up.
    You couldn't pay me enough to deal with the new Kinect. I've heard not one good thing about it and I wouldn't use it even if I had. And I'm not sure why anyone would be so gung ho about having a camera with a direct line to Microsoft in their living room.

As far as the controler for PS4 goes, yeah it's a given that the dual shock has always sucked balls. Good thing third parties exist.

This is the most incredible thing I've ever heard. You're somehow blaming peoples' ISPs for Microsoft's stupidity, which is a pretty impressive feat! But what you fail to realise is that not everybody is as blessed with multiple choices of stable internet connection like you are, in fact the vast majority of people don't even have 1 such choice.

You also seem to have forgotten that there are other reasons you might not have internet for a while, such as moving house. Would you be happy if your Xbox doesn't work for a week or so because you moved house and you don't have internet yet?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    What about the military, do you not care about them? What the Xbox One is doing with the 24 hour check-in is basically a big middle-finger to the troops.
    I'm in the Army. Been deployed 3 times. Currently stationed at Fort Stewart. Sorry, I didn't have time to play console games while I was deployed, but my Xbox 360 worked perfectly when I was stationed in Germany for 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between "doesn't work" and "not supported".
    So you can either potentially be screwed if the game doesn't work, or totally screwed if they choose not to allow you to activate the game when you take your console somewhere it isn't supported. How is this a good feature?

You have to consider that the X-Box One is going up against the PS4, and there is no region lock on the PS4. I really don't see how this is a consumer benefit for X-Box customers.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-06-15 at 06:29 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I prefer this for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to deal with the new Kinect. I've heard not one good thing about it and I wouldn't use it even if I had. And I'm not sure why anyone would be so gung ho about having a camera with a direct line to Microsoft in their living room.

As far as the controler for PS4 goes, yeah it's a given that the dual shock has always sucked balls. Good thing third parties exist.
    Speak for yourself, for me - the Dual Shock has always been the perfect controller for me. ^_^

I've always hated HATED the Xbox controller... which is basically a re-designed Dual Shock when you get down to it.

God forbid Microsoft not target everyone. Jesus, can you believe the PS4 requires electricity? What about people who live in the middle of the Amazon. They are a business, why aren't they targeting rural tribesman?
    There's a huge difference. It's not possible to run a game console without power. It is possible to run one without internet. I'm quite surprised you don't realise this.

So don't hack on Xbox Live and you won't get banned. You purchased the Xbox, you are free to do with it what you wish (as far as modding goes), but when you take it online and disrupt the play of others, or they determine you are illegally pirating games, thats your fault.

As for everyone hating on XB1, apparently everyone forgets how Steam originally launched and all the hate it got for it's DRM and having to login to play it's games. Look how poorly Steam turned out... wait.

So instead of having to login every time you want to play a game (Steam), Xbox does this automatically, in the background, once a day. Damn, that sounds terrible to me.
    Don't hack and don't get banned... uh huh okay, and I guess if you do something wrong you just lose all the money you spent on their games because you don't really "own" the games because what it's a cloud type service that you pay for the right to use? Yeah no thank you, I rather own my game and sell/give it away to who ever I like.

Wozniak was just talking about this recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    So you can either potentially be screwed if the game doesn't work, or totally screwed if they choose not to allow you to activate the game when you take your console somewhere it isn't supported. How is this a good feature?
    What game won't work? When I lived in Germany, I played with tons of Europeans from various countries over XBLive. You are trying to argue about activating the game on a console that isn't released yet and no specific details have been given how it will affect countries. You are making up arguments for the sake of hating on the XB1.

Deleted
    So don't hack on Xbox Live and you won't get banned. You purchased the Xbox, you are free to do with it what you wish (as far as modding goes), but when you take it online and disrupt the play of others, or they determine you are illegally pirating games, thats your fault.

As for everyone hating on XB1, apparently everyone forgets how Steam originally launched and all the hate it got for it's DRM and having to login to play it's games. Look how poorly Steam turned out... wait.

So instead of having to login every time you want to play a game (Steam), Xbox does this automatically, in the background, once a day. Damn, that sounds terrible to me.
    Steam has offline mode in which you can be offline for frickin as long as you want!

What game won't work? When I lived in Germany, I played with tons of Europeans from various countries over XBLive. You are trying to argue about activating the game on a console that isn't released yet and no specific details have been given how it will affect countries. You are making up arguments for the sake of hating on the XB1.
    Actually, they've already released all of the information about region availability. And that's all with region locking. Which means you can't import the console outside of these countries.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbo...pan-56666.html
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-06-15 at 06:34 PM.