Shadow Priest Quality of Life Requests

Hi All,

As my guild has been progressing through ToT (now heroic 4/13) I have been thinking about how our spec could be improved. Here are a few things that I would love to see tweaked and aren't game breaking:

1) When Insanity is up on a target, mindflay should be castable while moving. There is nothing worse than dropping a 3 orb DP, only to be the target of a Jin'rok orb. If I choose not to cast mindflay because MB has come off cooldown, well that is my decision. It's such a huge letdown and I feel like I'm being punished for RNG.

2) Make Hymn of Hope castable in shadowform. It can be frustrating to stop my dps rotation because the healers need mana. I understand that this is the utility I bring to the raid, but mana tide is much more forgiving for our shaman brotheren. Not only do we have to channel the cast, but it pulls us out of shadowform. The extra GCD is an annoying little bother at the end to re-remind me that I've given up the last 8 seconds of DPS

3) Find some way to make Mindblast benefit from mastery. Noxxic has shadowpriest listed in the bottom 5 specs DPS wise. Maybe mastery could reduce the cooldown of mindblast? We need to find someway to make our dps competitive while keeping mastery valuable (after the 5.2 trinkets/metagem are gone)

4) Invest some time in the shadow priest for the next expansion. I have a level 90 affliction warlock and it is mindboggling the difference in effort put into making these two classes/specs playable. If you have a shadowpriest, I HIGHLY recommend you try an affliction lock just to see/feel the difference. I won't even talk about the mobility part (can cast all spells while moving....) since blizzard admitted this was a mistake. They have 4 dots to manage, each of which is better than our counterpart. Corruption = instant = SWP, UA is cast time = VT, Haunt is resource driven like DP and they have one extra dot that gets stronger the longer it has been on the target. The two main dots can be refreshed by an instant cast spell, and they have 2 versions of mindflay. One that is used above execute range, and one that generates orbs and does extra damage during execute phase. They bring 2 buffs relevant to their class (COE and DI) AND they have a pet. This doesn't include cookies and portals and soulstones. I would love to see this much care and feeding applied to the shadow priest spec.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirn View Post
    2) Make Hymn of Hope castable in shadowform. It can be frustrating to stop my dps rotation because the healers need mana. I understand that this is the utility I bring to the raid, but mana tide is much more forgiving for our shaman brotheren. Not only do we have to channel the cast, but it pulls us out of shadowform. The extra GCD is an annoying little bother at the end to re-remind me that I've given up the last 8 seconds of DPS

What do you guys think?
    mana tide totem is only available for restoration shamans...

Quote Originally Posted by greywaffles View Post
    mana tide totem is only available for restoration shamans...
    Sorry - I though it was a talent like Healing Tide.

1) Would be nice, but won't happen. They're trying to make all talents viable and this would make Insanity even more mandatory. Not to mention all the PvP QQ.

2) I'd rather not have Mana Hymn at all. I hate having to stop DPS to channel and being pulled out of Shadow is just salt on the wound. Sure, it might hurt our "utility" a little, but no one is bringing Shadow Priests because of their hymn.

3) Firstly, noxxic numbers are 100% useless. Secondly, there's nothing wrong with mastery. Chances are it'll likely still be better than crit come next tier(at least that's what Twintop is guessing atm). Mind Blast's CD benefiting from haste would make more sense. Though a good way to boost mastery a little would be to spread DP's damage evenly throughout the DoT instead of being loaded up front, but they reverted this change before it even went live so it's unlikely.

4) Most of us know what Affliction is like because they're pretty much just touched up versions of Cata Shadow. My only other 90 is a Lock.