Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still wish our mastery was just a little better, i don't need it to pass haste or anything but I think crit is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I still wish our mastery was just a little better, i don't need it to pass haste or anything but I think crit is lame.
    I think you are more so looking for a mastery redesign.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I think you are more so looking for a mastery redesign.
    Oh, I read him as implying that our Mastery was just extra Crit (double damage ticks) that only applied to periodic damage. Now I'm not sure which he meant.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Oh, I read him as implying that our Mastery was just extra Crit (double damage ticks) that only applied to periodic damage. Now I'm not sure which he meant.
    I've been thinking about our mastery this was since the day it was implemented. I really hope they change it to something more interactive at least. Our cata mastery was way more fun, but I guess that's just because the way shadow orbs worked back than was a lot more interactive as well.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

if they were to just roll shadow's base mechanics back to dragon soul it'd be a step up for pve compared to MOP mechanics.

once we had the shadow apparition orbs + shadowfiend cooldown combo there was really no glaring mechanical weakness to shadow, unlike now where we have a super rigid rotation and have super weak cooldowns pre-execute.

also the shadow word: bane NPC ability could be cool for shadow - basically an offensive prayer of mending.

Deleted
    its a very sad thing that blizzard gives nothing about work like this.

if they think shadow is fine, then its fine. never ever are they going to change it in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    its a very sad thing that blizzard gives nothing about work like this.

if they think shadow is fine, then its fine. never ever are they going to change it in the near future.
    Shadow isnt in a bad spot. we're just in the middle of the pack right now. I'd much rather have us be in the spot we are now then what we were in 5.1. We still haven't gotten to the FDCL/MB buff yet either. which they said they would do. They also buffed tof to 35%, I really think people are overlooking this. Any fight that we can get a nice high uptime on tof, we dominate. Now, I cant wait to see.

I would like to see some people in this thread come up with different mastery ideas. I personally can't think of any other than just increase shadow periodic damage by X.

If they make it so our mastery was called Shadow Recall: Spell name in our combat log. That alone would make me like the mastery so much more. Since its only worldoflogs that separates them.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2013-07-13 at 04:37 AM.

Shadow isnt in a bad spot. we're just in the middle of the pack right now. I'd much rather have us be in the spot we are now then what we were in 5.1. We still haven't gotten to the FDCL/MB buff yet either. which they said they would do. They also buffed tof to 35%, I really think people are overlooking this. Any fight that we can get a nice high uptime on tof, we dominate. Now, I cant wait to see.
    The uptime on ToF, on fights where we get to abuse it, would pretty much remain the same if it proc'ed at 35% instead of 20%. ToF is just like that. You can either abuse it of dying adds no matter 20/35%, or not use it at all. The change has nothing to do with shadow, 5.4 buff is intended to make the talent more attractive to healers. The only way it could work out as a buff for shadow is if there's a fight where the tank spends a lot of time bellow 35% hp, and you can proc ToF by healing.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-07-13 at 04:43 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my sentence structure needs a revamp.

I feel like Mastery is just a limited crit effect, and I feel like crit by itself is a boring mechanic (perhaps that is my enhance shaman speaking). I almost wish they had sticked with the shadow orb refund from early MoP beta but I assume there were some serious issues with it and scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    The uptime on ToF, on fights where we get to abuse it, would pretty much remain the same if it proc'ed at 35% instead of 20%. ToF is just like that. You can either abuse it of dying adds no matter 20/35%, or not use it at all. The change has nothing to do with shadow, 5.4 buff is intended to make the talent more attractive to healers. The only way it could work out as a buff for shadow is if there's a fight where the tank spends a lot of time bellow 35% hp, and you can proc ToF by healing.
    Depending on the fight, I disagree. We sadly have yet to see any 25 heroic raids yet so can't really judge how the increase will affect us, but, the raise to 35 will be really nice. This will affect Halo/DS heals nicely and Pom on the run to get the proc. The possibility of someone in your raid having a 65% deficite is much higher than a deficite of 80%. I bet it would have a 80-90% uptime on fights like ra den. But again, can't really judge when we have yet to see real fights in 25 heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    if they were to just roll shadow's base mechanics back to dragon soul it'd be a step up for pve compared to MOP mechanics.

once we had the shadow apparition orbs + shadowfiend cooldown combo there was really no glaring mechanical weakness to shadow, unlike now where we have a super rigid rotation and have super weak cooldowns pre-execute.

also the shadow word: bane NPC ability could be cool for shadow - basically an offensive prayer of mending.
    Completely agree. Shadow was extremely fun then, with a very nice dps cooldown and mechanics that actually interacted with each other in a fluid way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of an offensive Prayer of Mending

Prayer of Mind-bending!

Deleted
    I don't see why Blizzard haven't re-worked the Mind Flay glyph. Simply just make glyphed Mind Flay casteable while moving but remove the slow, simple solution to make priests more mobile in PVE while still not making the ability OP in PVP.

yeah - the thing about TOF for shadow is that it isn't so much that TOF's buff is strong, but that fights where you pick TOF mean you are getting lots of extra orbs from SWD. the fact that TOF buffs the resultant DP/insanity by 15% is just icing on the cake.

now, if they were to let SWD activate at 35%....

Depending on the fight, I disagree.
    yeah, but buffing your non insanity mindflay by 15% (which is the only actual increase you'll get from the extra ToF) isn't that much of an increase.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-17 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
    I don't see why Blizzard haven't re-worked the Mind Flay glyph. Simply just make glyphed Mind Flay casteable while moving but remove the slow, simple solution to make priests more mobile in PVE while still not making the ability OP in PVP.
    Probably because they said making caster able to cast on the move was a mistake, and they will probably try removing them all next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Probably because they said making caster able to cast on the move was a mistake, and they will probably try removing them all next expansion.
    ^this, why add more gas to the fire when they're trying to put it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    ^this, why add more gas to the fire when they're trying to put it out?
    We should tell them that because they keep doing more of it... and baseline.

Not arguing the point that's not the plan / what should happen, just a look at what is currently happening.

Deleted
    Mind Blast *redesigned* - instant cast, 10 second cooldown (up from 8), cooldown reduced by haste
    Does the game really need more instant casts?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Does the game really need more instant casts?
    Mind Blast is a builder spell, and in my proposed model it's intimately tied into all our utility - it needs to be instant. You'll notice that I moved our best damage into a channeled finisher - so we can't do 'good' damage while moving - but we can in this case continue to generate our combo points properly. That to me feels like a WAYY better model - in fights with high movement - not being able to use Mind War because we have to keep moving would be extremely punishing, and reward good pre-emptive movement and prediction of upcoming mechanics.

If we can't cast Mind Blasts though, we can't generate orbs - so it's more comparable to if cooldowns stopped cooling down while moving (for other classes) - imagine if a rogues Shadowdance stopped cooling down while moving - that's how not being able to generate Shadow Orbs kind of feels already, but in my proposed system - it would be even worse if it still had a cast time.

The big key is that, in past expansions Mind Blast was our burst - in Cataclysm my Mind Blasts did something ludicrous like +120% extra damage during 3 Orbs, and +25% damage during Archangel - neither of that is true in Pandaria. Devouring Plague is our finisher now - Mind Blast is our Sinister Strike.