Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Probably not. This is a population flux because it just went F2P as expected, the population can easily stabilize itself in maybe a week. Putting in a new server is a risk and it might end up being dead by next week.

I for one have not gotten any que's at all and everyone is saying servers are full servers are full...
    If you're a paying customer, you probably don't have a queue.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I had a que and am a paying customer. IT was no where near as bad as F2P que however. I dont think 1 sever being added be not worth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Every server I've looked at tonight has an hour + wait time. Faeblight is sitting at an almost 3 hour queue.
    Damn, good thing I didn't decide to log in tonight. o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

I dont think 1 sever being added be not worth the cost.
    Actually it can cost a nice chunk of money, and if it isn't needed when the population stabilizes then it's a waste.

Should wait a few days before adding a new server. TERA was the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Just seen this to. Pretty bad of them to give 45 minutes notice tbh. I convinced 3 friends to play this game and now I have to try and get in contact with them to tell them what is happening and what server to go to...
    Rift has free transfers. You can just transfers to your friend's server(s) or they can move to your server as you guys wish. Guilds transfer free too.

[Also cross realm chat and FL is possible.]

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually it can cost a nice chunk of money, and if it isn't needed when the population stabilizes then it's a waste.

Should wait a few days before adding a new server. TERA was the same way.
    Yeah though I get the feeling they are going to end up adding new servers. Either that or upgrading the servers to hold more people. Which I think would be a much better solution. Adding a new server or servers only works in the long run if the populations remain healthy on those servers. But when your stuck in huge queues it is hard to see long term and realize in a week or two things will likely calm down a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run a level 24 Guild on Icewatch, easily the biggest and most active and we've been around since day one of headstart.

This is certainly a bolt from the blue and reason why i'm here at 4.45am, getting non stop tweets, texts and even voice mails from my members.

Shards are still locked and can't even get on to transfer !!. This is going to be a headache, never tried transferring a whole bloody Guild before, we have 5 full Bank Vaults and stuff as well.

When we had this issue months ago with everyone transferring to Icewatch i did suggest it should have been a case of 'last in, first out'

Any Guild that transferred to Icewatch, say, in the last year even should have been told they had to move, sorry if that sounds selfish but now i get to deal with this, moving over 2,000+ people and i can't even decide on which server!!

Seastone is like 5 hour queue atm

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    I had a que and am a paying customer. IT was no where near as bad as F2P que however. I dont think 1 sever being added be not worth the cost.
    Actually adding a server would be huge headache and non optimal experience. A new server would go onto a new cluster, that means there would be no cross-server pvp, dungeons, chat, GHunt raids, etc. I'm wondering what they are going to due about NA servers, since we have no low pop ones currently so they can't use the Icewatch remedy and things are probably going to get worse this weekend.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... why would they essentially punish those who have been there the longest and grown to love the community? Why not just lock it to new players? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ... why would they essentially punish those who have been there the longest and grown to love the community? Why not just lock it to new players? O.o
    I thought the same thing myself. At first. But then I thought about what the servers would look like. There would be next to no veteran presence. It would be like launch all over again for those players just starting out. It could definitely be a turn off to those new players and they could potentially lose a large number of people that would have otherwise stayed. This is the most viable solution.

Wow, that stinks. :/ And to think I was just annoyed by my 5 hours queue on Seastone. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think this is a good thing as they needed to force people to spread out a bit.

However, I do believe they should have locked the shard before it went so crazy.

Server transfers are free, but they should've planned it better.

Be interesting to see how those new shards fill up.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    If you're a paying customer, you probably don't have a queue.
    I'm a patron - I was #500 in the queue on Icewatch last night - took me an hour to log in.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-06-14 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this isn't happening on Deepwood, although the queues are getting out of hand. This was to be expected though.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Hopefully this isn't happening on Deepwood, although the queues are getting out of hand. This was to be expected though.
    It looks like they'll be splitting the NA Mega Cluster into two seperate clusters and adding a new Shard to each

I just got off the phone with our engineering director. The proposed plan that we are going to be reviewing and finalizing in the morning for North America is to split the existing shards into two clusters and add an additional shard to each of those clusters.

To give you guys a little background, our current population limits are more related to the total number of users in a cluster as opposed to on an individual shard. By splitting it into two healthy clusters we may be able to greatly increase the number of users on a per shard basis.

We will also be reviewing Europe and determining how to further address the issues there.

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-tomorrow.html

Since my queue time last night was just shy of four hours, I support this change. I would suggest that they remove the 7 day transfer restriction between these two realms for about a week though, no doubt a few people will move only to find their friends have gone to the other realm.

Just a grace period until things settle.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I dont think anyone want to be in position 1000 in queue. It's a wise choice. Shard jumping has also been a part of Rift playing life.. go a server, stay there for a while, change for some reason. Havent seen such high queues on Bloodiron but since its only english speaking pvp server that's where most pvp people will go so might be prepared to swap if needed. I rather swap and split up than wait in queues the entire evening, dont have time for that so it would mean no playing for me at all at peak hours if it came to that. That's why it's silly people saying "lets make icewatch 2.0 on one of the other servers"... why do you want to have mega login queue?
    I think people will survive, and more people will get to play when they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    no doubt a few people will move only to find their friends have gone to the other realm.
    who would be stupid enough to transfer all their character to a different realm than their guild..... -.- yes i did it

Wow. 8am eastern time zone and all NA servers are HIGH in population. Good lord...