Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Any signs of Dalaran?

Last I heard Dalaran was on the move. Anything in the PTR as to where it currently is... or did it fall into the sea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still in dalaran
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran is on the 'move', but nothing is showing at the moment we'll see that reflected in game beyond the purge event.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Patch 5.4 comes around, players zone into the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.

Half way through a shadow looms over the destroyed battleground of a city.

They look up and what do they see?

Dalaran just chilling above the city, with thousands of Kiren'Tor battlemages slow-falling their way into the city.

Mind = Blown
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

wHY CANT i POST MY OWN SDTUFF YET

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capernaum22 View Post
    wHY CANT i POST MY OWN SDTUFF YET
    because of caps lock
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post

Dalaran just chilling above the city, with thousands of Kiren'Tor battlemages slow-falling their way into the city.

Mind = Blown
    This needs to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post

Mind = Blown
    blizzard get on this asap. redesign the instance if you have to.
    Hi

It will really be a shame if they leave Dalaran out of the new content. Huge loss of potential.

Personally I'm not expecting to see Dalaran. It's in support of the Alliance in lore only.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Personally I'm not expecting to see Dalaran. It's in support of the Alliance in lore only.
    5.4 is pretty much Horde lore with the Alliance "helping out". In fact that's what a lot of this expansion has been.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    5.4 is pretty much Horde lore with the Alliance "helping out". In fact that's what a lot of this expansion has been.
    I'm waiting for PTR to add the Alliance landing in Durotar before deciding where I fall in that. But overall, yeah, the expansion has been more about why the Horde splinters and turns on Garrosh. Mainly because they were supporting him fully until MoP and needed a reason to turn against him whereas the Alliance needs no additional reasons to want to take him out.

I would looooooove to see some flying Dalaran battle action.

I for one have been hoping that Dalaran will perhaps settle atop the ruins of Theramore, giving the Alliance a new base in southern Kalimdor.

A friend and I were also chuckling warmly over the idea of it becoming the new zone-ganking Deathwing, roaming around the continent mage-zapping unsuspecting players, though the likelyhood of THAT happening is probably zero.

I just hope they don't forget about it. As a Horde player even I feel bad for the lack of good Alliance story lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its honestly still waaaaaay to early to know, theres not a single quest for the incoming storyline. And you can bet that there will be story progression content.

Personally, I just want to hear me some damn soundfiles!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hold theory to this:

Jaina gets upset at Kalecgos for something stupid and by accident steers Dalaran into the Exodar during its first major flight.

WOOO.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The SoO raid begins in vale for the first few bosses. Obviously, something happens after you kill the last boss that resides in the vale (the Sha of Pride I believe?), and your are directed / ported to Orgrimmar which you quickly realize is being besieged. I've always imagined something similar to what Hammerschlag said, perhaps even a cut-scene, so don't mind me while I get my RP on:

---
    Jaina Proudmoore stands at the edge of her floating citadel, looking down at Ogrimmar with an expression that is a blend of determination, anger and sadness. She turns to her attendant and with a note of conviction says, "Do it. Tell them to begin."

Dalarans militant forces are willing and waiting to begin. The objectives specified by Jaina are quite simple, create enough damage to Ogrimmar's defenses and military infrastructure, so that the combined forces opposed to the terrible reign of Garrosh can successfully infiltrate the city.

Dalaran begins by announcing its presence with a siren (Google: Tripod Siren Horn, I can't post links yet), and thus begins its attack. This time, the city of magic unleashes its big guns. Groups of Dalarans mages line the edges of the floating city and channel raw energies into a series of focusing iris's. When the energy within the iris's reach its peak, the mages release it. Terrible beams of arcane fury spew from the floating citadel and rend carnage into the battlements of the Orc city. Rock walls are instantly turned into lava, blimps violently explode and Kor'Kron defenders are vaporized. The city of mages intends to rain terrible destruction this day.

General Naz'grim, standing within the city, watches in disbelief as this apocalypse takes form. He begins shouting orders; a beautiful combination of discipline and rage motivates him as he quickly takes actions to defend the only place he has ever called home. "Kor'kron prepare to show you loyally to the horde and your Warchief", he quickly hails a messenger, "Tell the shamans to get to the battlements, its time they show those mages the power of the elements." The messenger runs off and Naz'grim moves to inform his Warchief about what has unfolded. He despises Garrosh for what he has done during his campaign in Pandaria, but these insurgents are destroying his home, and his Horde. He will protect it all until his dying breath.

Not long after, the hordes shamans have gathered and turn the combined might of the elements against their attackers. Wild energy lashes the floating city, crumbling some of Dalaran's spires and ancient buildings. Rock at its base crumbles in places, and the floating city lurches due to the shift in mass. The fury of each city reeks terrible havoc against the other. Once the damage on both sides reaches unbearable levels, shields of arcane and of the elements are erected, taxing the will of the attackers and defenders alike. Portals open and attackers from Dalaran flood into the streets of Ogrimmar, a melee of steel and magic ensues.

And then, you and your band of heros appear in the city. You have just defeated the Sha of Pride and with fierce determination, now vow to take the fight to the Orc responsible for all this war and death. Garrosh and his reign of carnage will end here, today. You will make sure of it.

---

Now if only I could only animate.
    Last edited by Supersoaker; 2013-06-14 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I for one have been hoping that Dalaran will perhaps settle atop the ruins of Theramore, giving the Alliance a new base in southern Kalimdor.

A friend and I were also chuckling warmly over the idea of it becoming the new zone-ganking Deathwing, roaming around the continent mage-zapping unsuspecting players, though the likelyhood of THAT happening is probably zero.

I just hope they don't forget about it. As a Horde player even I feel bad for the lack of good Alliance story lately.
    Oh Jesus that would be hilarious. Just a giant shadow looming across the ground and then you look up and Dalaran is just like "sup" and zaps you with the thunder of a God.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersoaker View Post
    The SoO raid begins in vale for the first few bosses. Obviously, something happens after you kill the last boss that resides in the vale (the Sha of Pride I believe?), and your are directed / ported to Orgrimmar which you quickly realize is being besieged. I've always imagined something similar to what Hammerschlag said, perhaps even a cut-scene, so don't mind me while I get my RP on:

---
    Jaina Proudmoore stands at the edge of her floating citadel, looking down at Ogrimmar with an expression that is a blend of determination, anger and sadness. She turns to her attendant and with a note of conviction says, "Do it. Tell them to begin."

Dalarans militant forces are willing and waiting to begin. The objectives specified by Jaina are quite simple, create enough damage to Ogrimmar's defenses and military infrastructure, so that the combined forces opposed to the terrible reign of Garrosh can successfully infiltrate the city.

Dalaran begins by announcing its presence with a siren (Google: Tripod Siren Horn, I can't post links yet), and thus begins its attack. This time, the city of magic unleashes its big guns. Groups of Dalarans mages line the edges of the floating city and channel raw energies into a series of focusing iris's. When the energy within the iris's reach its peak, the mages release it. Terrible beams of arcane fury spew from the floating citadel and rend carnage into the battlements of the Orc city. Rock walls are instantly turned into lava, blimps violently explode and Kor'Kron defenders are vaporized. The city of mages intends to rain terrible destruction this day.

General Naz'grim, standing within the city, watches in disbelief as this apocalypse takes form. He begins shouting orders; a beautiful combination of discipline and rage motivates him as he quickly takes actions to defend the only place he has ever called home. "Kor'kron prepare to show you loyally to the horde and your Warchief", he quickly hails a messenger, "Tell the shamans to get to the battlements, its time they show those mages the power of the elements." The messenger runs off and Naz'grim moves to inform his Warchief about what has unfolded. He despises Garrosh for what he has done during his campaign in Pandaria, but these insurgents are destroying his home, and his Horde. He will protect it all until his dying breath.

Not long after, the hordes shamans have gathered and turn the combined might of the elements against their attackers. Wild energy lashes the floating city, crumbling some of Dalaran's spires and ancient buildings. Rock at its base crumbles in places, and the floating city lurches due to the shift in mass. The fury of each city reeks terrible havoc against the other. Once the damage on both sides reaches unbearable levels, shields of arcane and of the elements are erected, taxing the will of the attackers and defenders alike. Portals open and attackers from Dalaran flood into the streets of Ogrimmar, a melee of steel and magic ensues.

And then, you and your band of heros appear in the city. You have just defeated the Sha of Pride and with fierce determination, now vow to take the fight to the Orc responsible for all this war and death. Garrosh and his reign of carnage will end here, today. You will make sure of it.

---

Now if only I could only animate.
    Nice idea but the focusing iris would easily destroy some shamans, Thrall was not able to do anything against Jaina when she used it. He could barely hold back the tidal wave and she was not even breaking a sweat while he on the other hand was completely struggling.

So a couple of dalaran mages channelling via the focusing iris would destroy what ever defensses they would/could have.

Unless blizzard makes some bullsh*t Sha empowered shield that absorbs the power if the iris.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was heading towards org, but then Robotnik showed up and stole the master emerald! Now it's just sitting out there in the ocean.