8 pin to 8 pin PSU PCIe cable

Hi,

I was in the process of swapping out a Seasonic X-760W Gold for an Antec Signature 650W so I could use the Seasonic in a new build, but I realised I don't have a spare 8 pin to 8 pin PSU to PCIe cable. I have an 8 pin to 8 pin, but I'm assuming it's a motherboard cable because it won't connect to the PCIe. Anyway, my dilemma is that I'm missing the 8 pin to 8 pin PSU PCIe cable and I have no idea where I can source one from. Well, sort of..

I found this one http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=22323 but the store is a 1 hour drive away, each way, and I've already done it once today to pick up something else so I don't really want to do it again..

I'm in Melbourne, Australia btw, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores..

10+ Year Old Account
    Being in Australia makes you pretty well boned, either wait on postage or make the mission when you feel up to it. The consolation is at least you can drive, I have to wait on the wonders of Australia post whenever I want something (Good old Cairns, even have to drive to townsville for a taxation office *sigh*)
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Hi,

I was in the process of swapping out a Seasonic X-760W Gold for an Antec Signature 650W so I could use the Seasonic in a new build, but I realised I don't have a spare 8 pin to 8 pin PSU to PCIe cable. I have an 8 pin to 8 pin, but I'm assuming it's a motherboard cable because it won't connect to the PCIe. Anyway, my dilemma is that I'm missing the 8 pin to 8 pin PSU PCIe cable and I have no idea where I can source one from. Well, sort of..

I found this one http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=22323 but the store is a 1 hour drive away, each way, and I've already done it once today to pick up something else so I don't really want to do it again..

I'm in Melbourne, Australia btw, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores..
    When you are saying, that you are missing the 8p PCIe cable, do you need more than one? Because according to this review, it has an 6+2p PCIe cable attached, plus a modular 6p PCIe cable. (lower part of the first page)

If you really need an additional one, how about something like that:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IDE-Molex...item43a724c3af
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    When you are saying, that you are missing the 8p PCIe cable, do you need more than one? Because according to this review, it has an 6+2p PCIe cable attached, plus a modular 6p PCIe cable. (lower part of the first page)

If you really need an additional one, how about something like that:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IDE-Molex...item43a724c3af
    Yep, it's got the 6+2 pin attached, but I need a second 8 pin PCIe into the GTX 580 - it's the MSI Lightning Edition and requires 2 8 pin power connections.

Deleted
    ARe you sure you don't have an 8-pin adapter in the 580 box? A lot of GPU's have those in the box.

Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-06-14 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    ARe you sure you don't have an 8-pin adapter in the 580 box? A lot of GPU's have those in the box.
    There definitely should have been one, but I have absolutely no idea where they could be.. I keep everything.. all my spare cables, screws, adapters, even if I don't think I'll ever need it, but I can't find it..

That molex should theoretically work though, thanks Biernot! Free delivery and only $5, exactly what I'm looking for!