Megaera - ele shaman tips

My dps is incredibly low on megaera. I do like 100-120k on other bosses, but only 65k- 70k on megaera. what are some things you to do keep your dps up when you have to run around a lot?

ABC- Always Be Casting. This is the most important thing you can be doing in order to maximize your dps on any encounter, the only reason you shouldn't be doing damage is if the boss's mechanics require you to not do damage or take you out of range of the boss.

While moving you can still use LB, FS, ES, and with SWG you can cast LvB as well. (possibly too many acronyms there lol) The big thing is to use the strafe movements to keep facing towards the boss enough to use these spells while also moving in the direction you need to go. The other thing may come down to choice of talents, as EM(or AS)/PE is better on movement fights than EotE/EB, since it will remove a lot of required stationary dps.

Deleted
    Since the change to lavaburst, lava surge procs are much more important so its always good to multidot 2 heads, especially if you're wearing 4pc Tier.
    Makes moving around easier, since you have more instants also. Everything else what Rangar already said, ABC and try to keep your normal rotation using SWG or moving when refreshing FS or using ES or LB.

EM(or AS)/PE
    I just checked, and EotE/PE sims higher (~2k dps) for me than both EM/PE or AS/PE. It might be because I have a decently haste-orientated gear (13k@541 ilevel), but you should focus haste>mastery with PE anyway, but anyway elemental blast is a bad idea for megaera (except with a "don't kill blue" strat maybe)

Also for megaera : ABC, and try to cast a flame shock on the head that you didn't kill just when the focused head dies, as for ~2gcd it's the only thing you can hit anyway, and then just get used to keep doing your rotation even while moving, and knowing when you can stop for 1.5sec to cast LvB when it's off cooldown.

Also, a possible explaination might be that you spend "too much" time healing during rampage. I don't say it's a bad thing, but each gcd spent cast HR/HST is a "lost gcd". Don't hesitate to cast HR if you're packed before both heads emerges, but try to switch to dps the head asap.

Well, what i do on magera is, i go PE with glyph of FE, because full duration of FE is wasted during head change and with this you can use it 3 times full duration attacking heads. Also easier rotation without EB. I did 171k on our last kill, not so much but still reasonable.Also as ppl mentioned, multidotting can help, try to use the macro you use on horridon hc to multidot, it'll help a lot.

/stopcasting
    /target Venomous Head
    /cast Flame Shock
    /targetlasttarget

There's a 3ish second gap where the heads aren't targetable that provides ample time to drop a HR on where your raid stacks, which will help at the start of each rampage, but I would not keep it on cd during the rampage because that's wasted time/gcds that could be used to dps.

Not related to dps specifically, but I like to run stone bulwark for this fight; it works very well for absorbing damage from the green explosions. It will absorb most (if not all) of the first explosion and shave off a fair amount from subsequent explosions. Use SR during rampage. Long as you don't stand in fire/explosions/ice beams, you'll be one of the most durable non-tank characters in the raid on this encounter. Dead dps = 0, after all.