Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    if you are farming embersilk cloth there, you were farming in the wrong spot.

Smart farmers go to Tol barad. CRZ is not enabled there and you stick to farming the ghosts that fight each other at half half (near the Horde camp) you can farm all the cloth you need in a very short amount of time.
    Yeah, goodluck farming on a pvp realm.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Blizzard's logic: If people are having fun, nerf it.
    That's always the logic. I'm having fun on my monk now, therefore it must be nerfed. Good thing Wildstar is not that far now and when they nerf to shit the 1v1 pvp performance of my monk I can leave wow without looking back.

i dont like it, its where i level my tanks from 82-85.........

Deleted
    Surprised that it took them so long. They don't care about old content usually :P
    I've abused the hella out of it on warlock, was the most asshole player taking every mob for myself often
    Farming was okay-ish, 8-10k gold per hour at most. This spot got me to wow's top 1% richest.

Now i don't care, found new ways of making 6-7 digit amounts of gold, that don't even require farming anything. Spot was okay for boosting friends through cataclysm content though. 1 hour of grinding with MOP rare drop potion = friend lvled to 85 and outfitted with full embersilk bags.

Now that it's over here's what I used to gain maximum profit
    -Warlock with Mannoroth's Fury
    -Vendor mount and personal level 25 guild with mobile banking perk
    -Full Royal-Satchel stuffed character
    -Potion of Deepholm to insta-teleport, Potion of Treasure Find for obvious reasons
    -Maxed ench and tailoring

When cloth price dipped too low I started making cata greens with tailoring and DEing them for ridiculously overpriced hypno dust.
    Max cloth per hour: 3000
    Looted gold per hour: 1200
    Embersilk bags per hour: 16-24

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good that they fixed it that spot contained the biggest douchebags of outland, kazzak and grimbatol EU. It was pure harassment anyway.

Pretty simple why they nerfed it: bots. I did use that place about a month ago to level my tailoring and there were people just grinding every square inch of that place. I actually found a bot at another embersilk farming spot...it was a level 85DK in some twinked out gear. The character was pretty hard to kill, even with my level 90 hunter. I didn't figure out it was a bot until I kept killing him over and over again for like a hour and was like "either this player is stubborn or it's a bot", so I just attacked him with my pet and kept healing my pet and he just stood there for a good 15 minutes and not moving and attacking my pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    I've known innocent men who've done a bit of shouting. Perhaps people are complaining, because they didn't do anything wrong? There was no exploiting. Blizzard nerfed spawn rates, that's it. There was no "exploit" to fix. It was a good cloth grinding spot. There were tons of multiple mob groups that spawned at a decent rate, even with no one around (with players around it was better). I was able to get enough cloth to level tailoring in a little over an hour, while I leveled from 83 to 84 without questing. What exactly am I guilty of?

This spot has existed since Cata. Blizzard finally did something it, because botters found it. Actual players use the spot, because it's listed as of the best places to farm cloth on Wowhead.
    How else do you think botters learn where to exploit? They see or hear where someone else has been farming and making a killing. Just like the flight hack in Pandaria. Took one guy with a bit of smarts behind him to override the no fly rule in Pandaria at lvl 85-89. The one time I was hacked in the last year, I logged in, and fell out of the sky on a wyvern and had 400K gold missing, and 74 stacks of Ghost Iron in my bags.

Botters don't give away the location of areas which could be exploited. Players do. It's the botter's overuse of the area which leads to eventual bans and nerfs. Honestly, there shouldn't be any areas where the spawn rate is so fast you can level tailoring that fast. Or, any other trade for that matter. An exploit is still an exploit regardless of the name you give it or the excuses you make for it.

Deleted
    Don't think I care either way, never farmed there in my life. (well except for the brief time I quested there of course)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Will never be listed in notes because they just want to sweep it under the rug and act like the way it is now is how it was always intended, same exact thing with the gal and sha mounts where they will never say a word about the hotfix that changed that.
    They rarely announce when they change areas like this where the gold/economy is being abused. Back in July when I used it we were lucky to have 2 people out there. I only did it to get my gold looted achievement.

I used to farm there with a potion of treasure finding at 85, it was pretty nuts.

It got nerfed aaaaages ago because I went back for cloth earlyish in MoP and it was fixed. At least at 85 you had to have a semblance of skill since you could get overrun pretty easily wading knee deep into those mobs. At 90 its completely trivial, I can see why they did it.

I got over a 1000 cloth in under an hour there on my mage.

Aside from easily over flooding the cloth market with such effortless abundance of that cloth, it makes that part of Tailor leveling effortless (and Enchanting due to Tailor+DE).

It is simply an unintended farming spot in the game that blizz forgot to fix up until now.

Good thing i decided to level tailoring apparently i did it 2days before this lol. But ye you could farm like 6-7k per hour there if you are undisturbed so.

After reading through this and seeing no one mention the spot in MoP that works exactly like the spot in deepholm i'll assume none of you know about it which makes me happy
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    After reading through this and seeing no one mention the spot in MoP that works exactly like the spot in deepholm i'll assume none of you know about it which makes me happy
    Some of us do, dw.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Wrong example. Those dino drop 1-2 copper grays. So if you are to solo-duo them, wear-and-tear repairs (if you are melee) will be more than what you looted. Whole MoP mob-farming is highly unrewarding. It is issue. And not that some mobs drop enough loot to cover wear-and-tear repairs and something on top of that.

Various things like that are better said in PMs. Unless you wanna see more and more nerfs.
    I have not seen a grey item worth 1-2 copper since vanilla. I think most vendor trash is up to 5-10 silver at least. With grey items being 2-4 gold each

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh let me guess...would it be the sprites as part of the Golden Lotus dailies?