Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    I'm not sure how people are STILL arguing against this. Nedda is 1000000% right. I've been saying this since the start of the Tier but most of the talking heads here keep saying "oh Frost is fine" and "It is only skewed because ALL the good players are playing Unholy" which is the complete and total opposite from the truth it literally BOILS MY BLOOD when they say that garbage. They even have devs believing that crap (or is it the other way around?).

Frost doesn't have a scaling problem either. Hah.
    There is SOME sampling bias, but only those in top world guilds completely abandoned frost in favor of unholy, and some of those guilds keep private logs anyway. Bottom line is that there are plenty of highly skilled players skill playing frost (no where near the drop off between fury and arms). Ive consistently ranked (10man heroic) higher than many of my guild mates and yet usually end up the lowest DPS in the raid (vs lock, mage, spriest, rogue, elemental and hunter). And again this is the first tier since T11 where I have had this problem. GC likes to ignore issues involving scaling, but it is very obvious that frost does scale abysmally with everything except weapon damage.

the only reason i dont play dw frost its because its so bad scaling compared other class i pretty sure howling blast need a buff why we should be last on single target and aoe cleave as dw frost no point.we should be last on single target and top on cleave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    I'm not sure how people are STILL arguing against this. Nedda is 1000000% right. I've been saying this since the start of the Tier but most of the talking heads here keep saying "oh Frost is fine" and "It is only skewed because ALL the good players are playing Unholy" which is the complete and total opposite from the truth it literally BOILS MY BLOOD when they say that garbage. They even have devs believing that crap (or is it the other way around?).

Frost doesn't have a scaling problem either. Hah.
    I'm not arguing that frost is fine. I'm simply stating that the example given was flawed, and as such was a bad example to use. If you try to prove a true point with a flawed argument I'll challenge the argument, without contesting the point.

Ah, finally. So it isn't just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I'm not arguing that frost is fine. I'm simply stating that the example given was flawed, and as such was a bad example to use. If you try to prove a true point with a flawed argument I'll challenge the argument, without contesting the point.
    He's already posted another fight with vastly different fight characteristics where he performed extremely well and was still far behind other classes.

I have only played Unholy 3 weeks or so with any seriousness but it does edge out my Frost spec DPS of both 2h and DW variety. This saddens me because I know I used to be very competitive with my guild before and really would prefer the DW play style. My current guild mates are no slouches so no way I can slack or cheese a spec into a raid spot. We are 8/13H and my Raid leader has no problem benching me when needed.
    I know I am no where as skilled as some of you folks that have posted above me but why should DKs be either Unholy Festerblight spec to be sorta decent on 2-3 fights and be content to be bottom half for the rest of the 9-10 bosses this Tier in all specs regardless of gear, skill or luck? Why aren't more people pissed off about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    He's already posted another fight with vastly different fight characteristics where he performed extremely well and was still far behind other classes.
    Again, which I'm not contesting. My point was solely against the bad example. Jeez is logic really this hard?