Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why is the Sha of Pride the strongest of all sha?

Why is the Sha of Pride the strongest of all sha?

This got me thinking while fighting the other shas on my alts

With the other shas fear, hatred, despair all of those are strong emotions that cause a enemy to panic, come enraged or just wilt with despair but how can pride defeat a enemy

I mean what is the sha of pride gonna do to me when i face him make me more prideful?

I know blizz is just ripping of the Seven deadly sins which says pride is the worst but how can a manifest of pride be such a danger?

Deleted
    My guess is because it is good untill it is bad so you will not know it untill it is already too late.
    The other ones can be controled while pride is not always noticable.

Deleted
    Pride consumes you from within and slowly corrupts you without even noticing - so it's much more powerful and dangerous than anger, fear, etc.

I believe it is only as strong as it's fed.

Anyway, who said it was the strongest? Just because it's in the last raid doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I know blizz is just ripping of the Seven deadly sins which says pride is the worst but how can a manifest of pride be such a danger?
    I just had to answer this... 7 deadly sins: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. 7 Sha: Anger, Despair, Doubt, Fear, Hatred, Violence, Pride. Of the SEVEN sins, they have ONE that has the same name. How the hell is that 'ripping off'?

First of all don't confuse fight mechanics with lore strength.

Pride is a tricky deceptive emotion, Shouldn't you have pride in your accomplishments? Ah, but too much pride can be deadly. Doing something based on pride alone takes you down a bad road.

While the other emotions are pretty straight up and in your face Pride is something that sneaks in so deceptively that you don't even notice you have become a problem. The Emperor himself defeated all the Sha's, some requireing a week to battle but the Sha of Pride was not one of the Sha that he could defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I just had to answer this... 7 deadly sins: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride. 7 Sha: Anger, Despair, Doubt, Fear, Hatred, Violence, Pride. Of the SEVEN sins, they have ONE that has the same name. How the hell is that 'ripping off'?
    Its an obvious analogy if they made the other shas lust gluttony etc it would be way to obvious

If you're a Breaking Bad fan, consider Walter White. Pride gets him everywhere and could potentially corrupt him totally if he overdoes it.

Deleted
    Pride is the most dangerous because it will do its damage without you realising it.

It makes you overconfident & arrogant and very much incapable of making a sound judgement.

Pride all throughout history has been the one that created tyrants (belief in manifest destiny/superiority) & in the end toppled empires when they become so powerful and overconfident that they underestimated all their enemies until it was too late.

There is a reason for the expression: "Pride goes before a fall"
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-06-14 at 12:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The easiest way to describe this might be asking how many people you know who are truly humble?

As people we take great pride in our accomplishments and that can quickly escalate to excessive pride and lead us to feel we can do things that we cannot or should not do.

The worlds greatest athletes are a good example. The ones who do something great and cannot follow up on that have demonstrated how pride can consume someone. To continue to be the best you have to work as if you're not, which takes time, effort, and mental strength to keep going when "the world" says you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they said, plus pride is the one emotion the pandaren emperor could not defeat. Pride is the strongest of all sins/sha/emotions.

Its an obvious analogy if they made the other shas lust gluttony etc it would be way to obvious
    It's not obvious at all. In fact, outside of pride and there being seven of both, there's not even any logical connection.

When you are angry, afraid, depressed etc, you know immediately how you feel, and if you want, can take actions against these feelings. You are angry? Focus on something that makes you happy. You are fearful? Identify the source of your fear and confront it.

This cannot be done with pride. Someone who is confident to the point of hubris/pride won't even realize it, and will be the last person to admit it. It makes you stubborn, and unwilling to change.

Pride is a good emotion in small amounts. However, it can quickly turn bad without you realizing it, as Shao Hao said. Lastly, Pride is arguably the root problem for any human conflict. A multi-millionaire puts people out a business to make a few more mill isn't doing so for greed, as he has the money he needs. He's doing it for pride, so he can have more than everyone else. A leader who wages war on a smaller nation isn't doing so just for resources or strategy. It is also due to pride, the want have the biggest and greatest empire.

Perhaps Prides greatest problem is that it disguises itself as other emotions. So someone who is far too prideful may not n3ver even know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Anyway, who said it was the strongest? Just because it's in the last raid doesn't mean anything.
    Didn't you do the 5.3 quest in Kun Lai? Emperor Shaohao says the Sha of Pride is more powerfull than all the other 6 combined.
    And if you don't remember Emperor Shaohao, he is the one who went to the celestials and "buried" the other 6 Sha near the temples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    The easiest way to describe this might be asking how many people you know who are truly humble?

As people we take great pride in our accomplishments and that can quickly escalate to excessive pride and lead us to feel we can do things that we cannot or should not do.

The worlds greatest athletes are a good example. The ones who do something great and cannot follow up on that have demonstrated how pride can consume someone. To continue to be the best you have to work as if you're not, which takes time, effort, and mental strength to keep going when "the world" says you don't.
    Yeah, look at people before and after they become famous. Most turn into douche bags.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not obvious at all. In fact, outside of pride and there being seven of both, there's not even any logical connection.
    seriously the fact there is 7 deadly emotions and the strongest is pride is just merely a coincidence and you say there is no logical connection

10+ Year Old Account
    Because all the other types can be a result of pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No reason, i don't think there even was supposed to be 7th sha. People just mangled the topic so long, that blizzard decided to throw him as boss, and gave 7th sha the most obvious emotion (still its shame its not a sha of fabulous sexual desires - we would go along just fine).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    No reason, i don't think there even was supposed to be 7th sha. People just mangled the topic so long, that blizzard decided to throw him as boss, and gave 7th sha the most obvious emotion (still its shame its not a sha of fabulous sexual desires - we would go along just fine).
    That would be awesome i would bask in that for days possible even months

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That would be awesome i would bask in that for days possible even months
    I can hear lorewalker cho saying "by zandalari voice he was opressed !! By zandalari hands, he was molested !!!"