Thread: Lack of burst

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    And still you dont have any top 200 hc parse... sad, sad.
    You're*completely misunderstanding. 400k burst is not hard to hit in decent gear, 700k is the PEAK, as in, they hit 700k+ for a second or two. Damage meters won't show this because they use an average of total damage over time, but WoL will because it shows your DPS on a second-by-second basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    is stampede still a dps increase lol? havent raided this week and been hearing awful things about it.
    Why wouldn't it be?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/.../beepjeepbeep/

There is a few notable parses there

And you are?...
    Apart from Ji-Kun HC, it was mostly as MM and/or in LFR....

Deleted

And you are?...
    Sorry mate, playing a spec no one plays therefore there is only 20 ppl ranked or so or lfr does not count for me.

And you are?...
    cant brag about numbers when you are posting parses as MM or LFR.

lets the flame begins:
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...%2052/Perrito/

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Why wouldn't it be?
    is worth the GCD, yes its. is worth to be our 87 talent, no isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by extazyz View Post
    And still you dont have any top 200 hc parse... sad, sad.
    1. Not sure what my post had anything to do with HC parses.

2. Parsing as a Hunter is down to who has the most gear and RPPM RNG because the class is so easy that everyone (with the exception of some "special" people) playing it in HC progression has pretty much mastered the class.

3. Parsing as anything this tier comes down to your role in the fight and how your guild does the fight. The fact that you actually look at parses this tier to detemine skill makes me think you know nothing about anything.

Jinrohk - Sit out every week because others need gear
    Horridon - Same as Jinrohk
    Council - Guild only killed it once
    Tortos - Do I seriously need to say anything about this fight?
    Megaera - Depends how fast your guild kills the adds
    Ji-kun - Depends on your nest role
    Durumu - Only done on Normal
    Primordius - Only done on Normal
    Animus - Only done on Normal, HC also depends if you pad damage on massives
    Qon - Only killed it once, guild had difficulty dropping Arcing Lightning so I was out of range/in deadzone of the boss a lot.
    Consorts - Only done on Normal
    Lei Shen - Only done on Normal, also sit out most weeks because others need gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    2. Parsing as a Hunter is down to who has the most gear and RPPM RNG because the class is so easy that everyone (with the exception of some "special" people) playing it in HC progression has pretty much mastered the class.
    Don't mean to derail this (mostly pointless) thread, but does this really bug anyone else lately? It seems my DPS is almost as RNG-based as Fire Mages these days, especially as BM. If I get the stars to align during cooldowns, my DPS is absurd. If I don't, it's terrible. The swingy nature of it all is just very frustrating and not very fun. I wish there were more controllable and/or passive trinkets available so I didn't have to flip a coin as to whether my DPS was going to be good or amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Trust me, you wouldn't. :|

Boss pull timer... 7...6...*army*..5...4....3... SHIT DON'T PULL X DCd!

/rage
    I've done that a few times to my dk lol, except it is usually because i forgot to food buff.

If I was a dk I'd pull anyways and tell everyone to fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Don't mean to derail this (mostly pointless) thread, but does this really bug anyone else lately? It seems my DPS is almost as RNG-based as Fire Mages these days, especially as BM. If I get the stars to align during cooldowns, my DPS is absurd. If I don't, it's terrible. The swingy nature of it all is just very frustrating and not very fun. I wish there were more controllable and/or passive trinkets available so I didn't have to flip a coin as to whether my DPS was going to be good or amazing.
    I haven't noticed that at all really, my dps during progress was never really more than 10k difference between pulls unless it was something I changed in the way I did the fight or used CDs.

Deleted
    Parsing on farm bosses is like parsing against the HC training dummy. Farm bosses are trivial. Parsing during progression, on FK or second kills is what is "hard", and what should matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I haven't noticed that at all really, my dps during progress was never really more than 10k difference between pulls unless it was something I changed in the way I did the fight or used CDs.
    Strange. Me and my other 2 fellow Hunters spend most of our raid nights complaining about our terrible RNG or the others' incredible RNG.

"Welp, no Renataki's proc during opener, guess I'm screwed." <- etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Strange. Me and my other 2 fellow Hunters spend most of our raid nights complaining about our terrible RNG or the others' incredible RNG.

"Welp, no Renataki's proc during opener, guess I'm screwed." <- etc...
    Yeah, if there are a couple similarly geared and skilled hunters, Real PPM RNG will make the difference. During my H lei shen pulls my dps at the start (before the transition) was very sporadic due to Real PPM RNG and the fight has literally no difference at all pull to pull.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Hunters with both RPPM trinkets (Juju/Renataki) will notice some pretty significant DPS differences from pull to pull based on how often/when specifically trinkets happen to proc. I've seen small differences of 5-6k DPS where trinkets proc'd often but at inconvenient times and other attempts where I apparently had the stars align/sacrificed 10 virgins and got trinket procs often, and when I wanted them and the difference was in the 20-30k department. As Stool mentioned the difference is extremely noticeable if you are raiding with another hunter or two with similar gear.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Parsing on farm bosses is like parsing against the HC training dummy. Farm bosses are trivial. Parsing during progression, on FK or second kills is what is "hard", and what should matter.
    Parsing on "first kills" is highly irrelevent for anyone in the top 50 however, as most guilds keep their logs private, meaning their ranks are not listed. So if you get rank 1, but you leave out 30 guilds, especially if we're talking 25mans, that is somewhere between 30-90 hunters, atleast in the past its not uncommon for guilds to have had 3 hunters, ours ran with 3 hunters throughout most of Wrath and all of Cata.

When you look at a log you don't just look at the damage numbers, there is countless ways to boost your dps, padding meters or getting buffs you shouldn't, I would have had top 5 ranks on most of the bosses in Dragon Soul which was when I last raided hardcore, but because I didn't have DI, tricks, unholy frenzy or whatever other buffs were on at the time. Not to mention during that there was also the fact that if your polearm proc didnt go along with your burst, you'r DPS was significantly lower, because it also wouldn't line up for the next burst.

Also as far as the RPPM RNG is concerned, last weeek on Durumu I had 55% uptime on Renetaki's, 40% on Juju. The week before, wearing the same gear, I had 33% uptime on Renetakis, 13% on Juju, this is with the haste build as BM.
    Not to mention the Frenzy procs you have as BM, sometimes I get it up as soon as possible, other times I sit at 4 stacks for 15 seconds, and then theres the 15% chance to gain 20 focus on pet's basic attack.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Parsing on "first kills" is highly irrelevent for anyone in the top 50 however, as most guilds keep their logs private, meaning their ranks are not listed. So if you get rank 1, but you leave out 30 guilds, especially if we're talking 25mans, that is somewhere between 30-90 hunters, atleast in the past its not uncommon for guilds to have had 3 hunters, ours ran with 3 hunters throughout most of Wrath and all of Cata.

When you look at a log you don't just look at the damage numbers, there is countless ways to boost your dps, padding meters or getting buffs you shouldn't, I would have had top 5 ranks on most of the bosses in Dragon Soul which was when I last raided hardcore, but because I didn't have DI, tricks, unholy frenzy or whatever other buffs were on at the time. Not to mention during that there was also the fact that if your polearm proc didnt go along with your burst, you'r DPS was significantly lower, because it also wouldn't line up for the next burst.
    That was my whole point. Parsing as a whole means nothing, as it is not any reliable measure of skill whatsoever, first cos 99% of the ranks are during farm when many bosses become trivial,and there are ways on almost every of them to pad metters. Second, as you pointed out, cos many top guilds keep logs private, and some really good players are missing in the rankings. I mentioned it as the only reliable measure of skill, aka "you do really good DPS while doing all the needed stuff" instead of "you do really good DPS while ignoring all of the key mechanics". But parsing has always been like that, before and after RPPM.
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2013-06-16 at 07:16 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, as long as you are in that 92ish%+ on the Ranking Info pane, then you are doing around what you should be doing. As has been said, sometimes with RPPM you can get different results. I got 95% on Megaera HM the other night on our first kill. We aren't bleeding edge progression, but we do OK. That means I did well enough, but there is still room for improvement. And that's how I look at World of Logs. Maybe you disagree, but that's my personal opinion.

Deleted

And you are?...
    Yea.. if you like LFR.. seriously man.. who logs LFR !??!
    And the rest of the normal ones your are MM.
    Gratz, you specc MM go in do 1 dmg then die... You got a rank 20-50 on almost all bosses.

Parsing is pretty much useless.

It's heavily dependent on gear, fight mechanics, RNG, raidcomp, fight time, etc. If you actually break down their ability usage, a lot of top parsing hunters really aren't amazing. They just run in the right guild and have the gear that good RNG can give them crazy high numbers if the stars align.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Yea.. if you like LFR.. seriously man.. who logs LFR !??!
    And the rest of the normal ones your are MM.
    Gratz, you specc MM go in do 1 dmg then die... You got a rank 20-50 on almost all bosses.
    That is my WoW-Heroes not his and I'm honestly not sure what "notable parses" he was referring to. I logged LFR as MM to learn how to play MM, how else would you learn it well without logs? The normal/heroic kills as MM were during farm content when I wanted to try it out in something that wasn't LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Depending on when you kill it. Paragon and co's Hunters used to get high ranks as soon as they killed it since very few had done it themselves. When more and more guilds start to kill it they used to fall behind.

Farm bosses aren't training dummies, either (unless you are talking about Patchwerk). Not sure how you'd come to that conclusion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    Parsing is pretty much useless.

It's heavily dependent on gear, fight mechanics, RNG, raidcomp, fight time, etc. If you actually break down their ability usage, a lot of top parsing hunters really aren't amazing. They just run in the right guild and have the gear that good RNG can give them crazy high numbers if the stars align.
    True on some fights, but to say that for all fights couldn't be further from the truth. When I was raiding T11/T12/T13, I would see the same Hunters at the top. They didn't get lucky every single time.
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-06-17 at 07:20 PM.