Next expansion idea/theory. [May contain spoilers] - The Northern Kingdoms

Greetings MMO-Champions!

I have seen a fair few "fan made expansion ideas" on these forums. A few months ago I had a theory about a theme for a next expansion, I started to expand on it, and hope for it of course. Now I am basically ready to join the expansion Idea club.
    I do not have *epic* drawing skills or pictures like other threads like this have. I don't really feel like expanding on the new features that would come either, but I will be focusing a lot on the story and various things that would or could be coming if this would happen. I was going to wait until the end of 5.4, but I'll go ahead and post my idea anyways, I can always add things or change things later! I warn you, lore heavy read or eh... just a heavy read!

I present to you:

World of Warcraft: The Northern Kingdoms

The Siege and Consequences, the Outcome of MoP

The Siege has started, but Sylvanas is nowhere to be seen. Once Garrosh died, we get an epic cinematic, a Horde hero holds a speech.
    But the speech gets interrupted when bats fly over the city. Some might've already guessed. Sylvanas pulls off a Putress and blights Orgrimmar, making it an even more ruined city than it already is after the siege.
    Before the Sylvanafans go ahead and put my gorgeous head on a pike. Here's my explanation:
    During the whole expansion we have not seen a thing of Sylvanas yet, the other races were present, but what did Sylvanas do all this time?! During the expansion the Tauren got some lore with Dezco, the Blood elves got 5.2, the trolls got 5.3 and the goblins too.
    The forsaken... eh... they got a very small amount of stage time in Tides of War, but Sylvanas wasn't there to lead her troops, a captain of the forsaken was. Another explanation would be that Sylvanas joined the Horde to get her revenge on the Lich King, she never really liked the Horde, or Garrosh, and technically doesn't need the Horde anymore. So if she's going to fight Garrosh, why not take the whole other Horde AND Alliance with him?!

The Horde and Alliance evacuate, the Alliance returns to their homelands, mad at the Horde. The Horde has a lot of things to do now. Sylvanas betrayed them, and is nowhere to be found after her attack. But first they need to assign a new warchief, this could be anyone, so I leave this one open. But I'd go with High Overlord Varok Saurfang. For one reason. His son died at the Wrathgate, Putress bombed the Wrathgate. The very thought it could be that it was Sylvanas' plan all along to blight it, but made it look like it wasn't her plan and Putress actually acted in his own name. Because it failed she saved herself and made Putress die. "I live and die... for the Banshee Queen" Sylvanas disappears, and the forsaken views on things are mixed.

During MoP, we all know Dalaran became an alliance city. And it has been pretty much confirmed that the city is in fact moving.
    Not convinced? When you do the dominance offensive quest line where you go to Dalaran, and you'd go to the north of the city you wouldn't see Icecrown, you wouldn't see the Storm Peaks, if you'd look down you wouldn't see Crystalsong Forest. You'd see nothing. When you jump down you land into water. This implies that the city is already moving at that point in time.
    Where is it moving? Wowhead, back me up please: http://www.wowhead.com/item=82469
    This is an item datamined from patch 5.1, the strange thing of it is that it doesn't teleport you to Dalaran at all, but it teleports you to the Dalaran Craters. I think, Dalaran is moving back to the Hillsbrad Foothills, where it once stood.

From there out, the Alliance assault begins, time to retake Lordaeron. Of course the Lands are still Horde lands. And they won't leave it to the alliance.

As pre-patch, we'd have both Horde and Alliance evacuating and helping their soldiers from blighted Orgrimmar.

Start Expansion and Onwards

- No new races: New race models are coming instead!

- New Class: Lightslayer
    More information: http://www.wowwiki.com/Lightslayer
    I will expand on this later in the thread

- Northrend Revamped: See what happened after the Lich King's defeat.

- Professions Revamped

- Level cap raised to 95: level to 95 in the all new phased Lordaeron.

-Same talent point system, it allows you to take one second talent in any tier.

- Much, much more

Storylines in the Various Zones

[Adding Northrend Zones later]

Arathi Highlands 90-91

Stromgarde.
    When you do the quest lines in the Arathi Highlands, especially at Galen's Fall, you might've noticed an NPC (I can't remember if it's Galen or not) saying they're planning on building an Undercity under Stromgarde, if I remember correctly. Well, the forsaken did it.
    But at the same time *yes indeed* in Outland, Danath Trollbane gets two very strange persons over at his "home". Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon of the light! They convince Danath to return to Arathi, and reclaim it in the name of the alliance.
    In the meanwhile, Galen Trollbane claimed the sewers of the City for himself in the name of the Dark Lady. Creating a fight between the horde and the alliance within a city.

On the other side of the highlands, a band of neutral trolls have been looking for Trol'Kalar, they know they'll have to face the Zandalari Empire once and soon. Better have the sword for the battle...

Hillsbrad Foothills 90-91

Dalaran returned. The alliance assaults Tarren Mill, but it's a very important stronghold for the horde.
    The Alliance starts rebuilding in Hillsbrad, the assault on Tarren Mill is lead by the one and only Admiral Rogers. "The horde will pay for what they did to Southshore." In the meanwhile, the orcs and forsaken stationed at Tarren Mill seek the help of the Ogres in Alterac to fight the alliance.

Silverpine Forest and Gilneas 91-92

The worgen did not forget Gilneas, they want their kingdom back AND they want their revenge. Horde patrols have gone missing, the Hero has to go and look what happened to them. As Alliance... Eh... You go take out Horde patrols with your team of Worgen.
    (Lacking a bit of story, I know :/)

Western Plaguelands 92-93

Mainly forsaken controlled now, this zone is the base of operations of a lightslayer, Lilian Voss. She got her revenge on her father, on Darkmaster Gandling... But one person remains on her list... Sylvanas! Hunt for clues together with Lilian to find out where she could possibly hide. Lilian isn't the only one who wants to know!

Eastern Plaguelands 93-94

The Argent Crusade has been busy! Stratholme was retaken a long time ago now. They started rebuilding, Stratholme is the new sanctuary this expansion. But not only the Argent Crusade is busy, the Cenarion Circle basically purified the western plaguelands, now they're starting with the eastern plaguelands. Finally, The Scarlet Onslaught returned once again with their remaining troops and fleet, reclaiming Tyr's Hand and purifying their order of the corruption within, which is a harder task than first known.
    The Towers in the zone are once again controllable, and attacked by remaining undead forces every once in a while. With a chance to drop some lewtz and *drumrolls* SCOURGESTONES!

The unknown zone everyone knows... 94-95

I have no real name for it, I sort of suck at finding names. But I am going to call it. "Restored Lordaeron".
    If you read the novel "Rise of the Lich King", you know Calia Menethil probably escaped through a tunnel in her chambers during the assault on the city by the scourge.
    Together with the remainders of her people, she fled to the unknown lands we don't know anything about in lordaeron, high mountain peaks defended it, and Calia and her people were safe. They have contact with the proud nation of Kul'tiras, lead by the brother of Jaina Proudmoore, Tandred Proudmoore. Calia is planning to retake her righteous spot on the throne of Lordaeron, seeing as she's technically the last heir, and joins the Alliance. Of course the Forsaken do not want this to happen, some of them at least. First their queen that caused them to have mixed opinions, now their princess returns... splitting the opinions once again.

Channel Islands 94-95 and beyond

Jaina Proudmoore seeks an audience with her brother Tandred Proudmoore and his friend Mishan Waycrest on the island of Kul'tiras.
    While the relations aren't that great anymore, they convince Tandred to rejoin the alliance and they offer Tandred help defeating the Naga, Murlocs and Pirates on Kul'tiras and Crestfall (which is now controlled by Naga and Murloc forces).
    In the meanwhile, the trolls have found Trol'kalar and bring it to the channel island called Zul'Dare. The orcs reclaim their old settlement on the island and attack Kul'tiras once they heard they rejoined the Alliance.

(Zul'Dare: http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul%27Dare)

The Hinterlands ?

Nothing here yet, this lacks story in this theme. I had an idea that the trolls, who found Trol'kalar, would bring it to revantusk for safekeeping, the dwarves would try to take it from them with the help of Danath, both because they want to see all trolls gone from the hinterlands, and because its an artifact of the Arathor line. This would result in Danath failing, and the trolls sending the weapon to Zul'Dare, which would be a much safer place. In the end Danath should continue his search for it.

Tirisfal Glades 95

Calia launches an assault on the Undercity. The ebon blade searches for Koltira, trying to figure out what Sylvanas did to him, they're not happy what happened to their brother in death.
    It appears there is a cave system under Tirisfal, could it be Sylvanas hides something in this? The shards of Frostmourne? Is she communicating with the beast lurking below Tirisfal? (I think it might be a demigod by the way.)

-

How would all of this work? Well, phasing. And Bronze Dragons! I'd say we'd have something similar to the Bronze Dragon that allows us to see the starting quest line of MoP when you faction change.

I also obviously missed some zones of Lordaeron, like the Wetfalls, Loch Modan, Khaz Modan, Quel'Thalas etc...
    But I do not feel all of them should be back and kicking.

Lightslayers

Wowwiki: http://www.wowwiki.com/Lightslayer

You are a Lightslayer, you combine melee and spellcasting into one, you studied many ways of fighting.
    There are 3 specs representing the three branches of Lightslayer cults.

1. Shadow - DPS spellcasting.

Sharing the name of the priest spec, this one is much different. The spec revolves around spell casting.
    Your resource is light, it works similar to energy. The higher your light level (energy) is, the more damage you do, but the spells you cast consume the light. This class' spells require wands most of the time.

2. Stealth - DPS melee.

You are a master of shadows, shadows are your puppets, it resembles Lilian Voss' fighting. This spec revolves around melee attacks and minions, similar to BM hunters and demonology warlocks, but then as a melee. You have stealth, and when you attack, your auto attacks cause a dot on the target, you slowly drain the targets health as long as the dot is on him. During the fights you call upon the shadows to do your bidding, calling out shadow minions to fight for you, these minions don't heal you, but your party members. They also have a finisher like Lilian Voss' finisher :P

3. Disorganisation - DPS melee casting.

You are a master of illusions and tricking. Sharing many similarities with the GW 2 class "mesmer". You have the ability to teleport and leave dummies behind that attack the target, you have various blinds and confusing abilities, making you supreme at cc. While still doing melee damage, you can melee from range, the shadows lash out. Of course your melee attacking speed is slowed because of this.

Other

I know many have been speculating there'll be an emerald dream expansion because of the faerie dragon mount. I can use this for this expansion too :P. Almost everyone knows in the west of Tirisfal glades there are woods, the whispering forest, in those woods there is a mysterious ring of glowing mushrooms, every now and then, faerie dragons appear and start creating music during a very breathtaking ritual. It is definitely worth searching for it on youtube or going there yourself, the music is beautiful. This also makes me think there might be some sort of nature related demi god there, seeing as the other continents have these kind of gods too, except for the eastern kingdoms. (Northrend - Ursoc, Kalimdor - yeah, too many :P, Pandaria - the four celestials, Eastern Kingdoms- none).

End

Curious to see your ideas or responses to this. I hope to receive some feedback as well.
    Thank you for reading, and I hope you like it!
    Talzz
    Last edited by Talzz; 2013-06-14 at 01:50 PM.

Meh, 1 expansion (MoP) is enough to have break from main storylines.
    So, if Expansion 5 is about outcome of MoP, then Expansion 6 is about to repair all the damage done from MoP, Expansion 7 - peaceful expansion to rest after repairing damage, and so on...

We have Emerald Dream, we have Burning Legion, we have Chromatus, we have Old Gods. Enough for 4+ expansions

Edit: oh and suggested expansion is heavily based on revamps. Double meh.

Deleted
    Rather not have more revamped area's, nty sorry :S

Deleted
    So after the Alliance sieges Orgrimmar and defeats the Horde they go after Undercity and siege that city as well, along with taking over some more zones in the northern Eastern Kingdoms? What is this? World of Alliancecraft?

Why even have the Horde be a faction? Your ideas seem VERY biased.

Deleted
    They are not going to do another expansion without a whole new continent. Blizzard already said that the model they used for Cataclysm did not work.

This would just be a mix between MoP's storyline and the Wrathgate storyline. Sorry, but no. We have an expansion now where the main storyline is dealing with a corrupt Horde leader, we don't need two in a row, and Sylvannas pulling a move like this that would send BOTH factions after her head makes no sense to me. She didn't even want to invade Theramore because she was worried it would bring the wrath of the Alliance down on her people.

Not to mention that an expansion centered around revamped zones would unleash a massive outcry. Cata redid the old world but at least its 80-85 content was in new zones. This would be even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So after the Alliance sieges Orgrimmar and defeats the Horde they go after Undercity and siege that city as well, along with taking over some more zones in the northern Eastern Kingdoms? What is this? World of Alliancecraft?

Why even have the Horde be a faction? Your ideas seem VERY biased.
    after catahorde and misthordefest we can safely say that its OUR TURN end of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't blown away by this. No offense, but I hope they don't look to this idea as an example of what should come next.

Yeah not going to happen, they admitted that revisting old lands is not fun for an expansion, people want to explore new places and do new things which I think Mists does very well.

When it comes to posting ideals of possible cool content I adhere to the rule of, "If you think its cool and everyone is going to love it then keep it to yourself because its not and everyone will hate it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Meh, 1 expansion (MoP) is enough to have break from main storylines.
    So, if Expansion 5 is about outcome of MoP, then Expansion 6 is about to repair all the damage done from MoP, Expansion 7 - peaceful expansion to rest after repairing damage, and so on...

We have Emerald Dream, we have Burning Legion, we have Chromatus, we have Old Gods. Enough for 4+ expansions

Edit: oh and suggested expansion is heavily based on revamps. Double meh.
    Weren't Emerald Dream and Chromatus settled in books?

This could tie in with the Old Gods by having them be connected to what ever's under Tirisfal.

It could set the stage like this: The Old Gods are in fact, the ancient ones of Azeroth - this is their home. The Burning Legion seek to destroy this world and plunge it in fire and the Old Gods can't have that.

After the first invasion, they awoke from their slumber. It took them several years, but little by little, they awoke and spread their influence. And in fact, now that they are awakening, they are the ones keeping the Legion back.

With each expansion, we destroy more of their forces... weakening the planet's defenses in the process.
    C'thun - defeated
    Yogg - defeated
    N'zoth - it's main army is defeated, but it is still at large
    Y'rsshaj - killed, but it's remains are now defeated
    ? - under Tirisfal?

This makes a nice quintet of Old Gods.

Utilizing the Kul Tiras angle, we can set it up for Azshara and N'zoth being the second main boss (like Lei Shen or Ragnaros), and have Sylvanas and whatever is under Tirisfal be the ultimate boss.

With all five defeated, this opens up the world for 95-100 Burning Legion and Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

This could tie in with the Old Gods by having them be connected to what ever's under Tirisfal.

It could set the stage like this: The Old Gods are in fact, the ancient ones of Azeroth - this is their home. The Burning Legion seek to destroy this world and plunge it in fire and the Old Gods can't have that.

After the first invasion, they awoke from their slumber. It took them several years, but little by little, they awoke and spread their influence. And in fact, now that they are awakening, they are the ones keeping the Legion back.

With each expansion, we destroy more of their forces... weakening the planet's defenses in the process.
    C'thun - defeated
    Yogg - defeated
    N'zoth - it's main army is defeated, but it is still at large
    Y'rsshaj - killed, but it's remains are now defeated
    ? - under Tirisfal?

This makes a nice quintet of Old Gods.

Utilizing the Kul Tiras angle, we can set it up for Azshara and N'zoth being the second main boss (like Lei Shen or Ragnaros), and have Sylvanas and whatever is under Tirisfal be the ultimate boss.

With all five defeated, this opens up the world for 95-100 Burning Legion and Sargeras.
    They said that whatever is under Tirisfal is NOT an old god.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, just nah. You have SOME good ideas, but a lot of bad ideas as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Chromatus's corpse was imprisoned (in the Nexus I think) because there was some faint spark detected within it or something.
    The Emerald Dream story was basically just given a clean slate; they tied up the loose ends of Vanilla but the Nightmare has begun spreading and seeking out a new Nightmare Lord since Cataclysm (and Ysera said it's going to be up to the mortals to deal with it this time, since the Apects have gone all lethargic after losing their power).

? - under Tirisfal?
    In what was basically a middle finger to the Pentagram theory, Kosak said there's no Old God under Tirisfal and that it'll be something else (but they haven't worked out what yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm betting it's a corrupted Titan well of power - like a twisted version of Un'goro Crater, Sholazar Basin, or the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Wrathion has been hinting (understatement) at the next expansion since we first set foot on Pandaria.

Virtue* Discipline Priest
    <Topped Off> 13/13H recruiting all classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting, and something like that is plausible in the future, but i definitely dont think next xpac.

Lol may contain spoilers. k

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It could still be of Old God origin.

Remember back in Alcatraz, there was that servant of the old god that invaded people's minds and corrupted all the guards.