1. #1

    Horridon heroic keep away pink dino

    Just thought i would share this with all enh shamans when fighting this boss on heroic. Found the easiest way to keep that pink dino away from us while we are dpsing boss is to just spam fire nova (make sure you have glpyh which extends the radius of it by 5 yards) whenever it is off CD. You never have to focus attack it or anything. he will never get close to you. ENJOY!!!!

  2. #2
    Great advice! I just switched back to enhance from ele and was wondering how to do this.

  3. #3
    Nifty! Thanks for sharing.

  4. #4
    You can also use this macro as resto and elemental(Works on crystals on heroic Tortos as well).
    /stopcasting
    /target direhorn spirit
    /cast purge
    /targetlasttarget

  5. #5
    I would like to hook onto this topic and ask for some general ideas regarding Horridon 10hc.

    As a guild, we are downing him now already within a few tries every week, however, I always come out dead last.

    My heal-CD is very very important and I also always drop HST on CD, but my dps just sucks.

    The ranking usually is: first our two Warlocks, then the DK, the mage, and then me and our enhancer with me usually as the last one.

    The direhorn management is quite difficult. Most of the time I try to let it be cleaved by CL, so that I do not waste any GCD, however, this is not always possible and then I either use purge for a short time or just push the direhorn quite a distance away with LB and Searing totem.

    I think that I simply lose most of my dps during the last phase. Maybe I should not "waste" my CDs on Jalak and use them on Horridon instead - but isnt that somehow "not playing right"?

    I am really frustrated with my dps overall, especially the boss dmg, though my add dmg is usually Ok. However, adds are usually not living long enough and do not get a stacking dmg taken debuff. It is just a ridiculous fight for Warlocks.

    Here is a WoL link for your information:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=1204&e=1854
    (Yeah, searing and FS uptime are not very good on this fight)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    I would like to hook onto this topic and ask for some general ideas regarding Horridon 10hc.

    As a guild, we are downing him now already within a few tries every week, however, I always come out dead last.

    My heal-CD is very very important and I also always drop HST on CD, but my dps just sucks.

    The ranking usually is: first our two Warlocks, then the DK, the mage, and then me and our enhancer with me usually as the last one.

    The direhorn management is quite difficult. Most of the time I try to let it be cleaved by CL, so that I do not waste any GCD, however, this is not always possible and then I either use purge for a short time or just push the direhorn quite a distance away with LB and Searing totem.

    I think that I simply lose most of my dps during the last phase. Maybe I should not "waste" my CDs on Jalak and use them on Horridon instead - but isnt that somehow "not playing right"?

    I am really frustrated with my dps overall, especially the boss dmg, though my add dmg is usually Ok. However, adds are usually not living long enough and do not get a stacking dmg taken debuff. It is just a ridiculous fight for Warlocks.

    Here is a WoL link for your information:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=1204&e=1854
    (Yeah, searing and FS uptime are not very good on this fight)
    I like doing the FlS - searing - totem relocate trick personally, the CLing is fine if you get dino during the adds, but after that, I simply prefer to drop a FlS on dino, drop searing and relocate it near him, while we go to the next door. the issue is searing stops attacking dino once FlS falls off, so you got about 30-40 seconds, then you have to take a few seconds to do it again and most importantly relocate searingfar enough from horridon and adds, because searing is gonna switch onto your target if it is in range.

    The problem with this is FET management, every time you drop FET, dino is gonna be a nuisance. Also last phase with horridon in middle you really really need to relocate searing close to the walls, because horridon has HUGE hitbox and searing hits it from very far away, so if you wanna keep searing on dino, make sure its hitting itand not boss, there is nothing worse than being surprised when the dino suddenly appears right behind you at the worst moments, like when you have to run with charge

  7. #7
    I do what someone suggested in this forum a while ago, and use the primal earth ele on passive with /petattack...bye bye pink dino for a good 90-120 secs. (unless ofc the fire ele has just been out, but on 25 I never get targetted before then)

  8. #8
    Have you guys try setting the pink dino as focus, and setting up a focus purge macro. Thats what the ele shamans do in my group.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Have you guys try setting the pink dino as focus, and setting up a focus purge macro. Thats what the ele shamans do in my group.
    Using this one as elemental shaman. Its better than /targetlastarget macro . Im using both focuspurge and focusUE, works very well. Also dont forget to kite the dino into a group of adds for additional CL-cleave knockback if u can.
    Magrao-Nemesis
    --"Pre-cast Rain of Frogs. Far better use of a key bind than Earthquake has ever been."--

  10. #10
    The Patient Ekkoeu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    342
    Not sure what's better here, putting up a focus macro and just using UE. Or saving your focus for Horridon, and focus casting LvBs onto while using:

    /stopcasting
    /target direhorn spirit
    /cast purge
    /targetlasttarget

    on Dinos. It seems like a waste of dps to use Purge instead of UE, unless it's on cd, and a waste to put searing onto Direhorn when it could be on boss/other.

  11. #11
    Keyboard Turner Lythya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cianial View Post
    Using this one as elemental shaman. Its better than /targetlastarget macro . Im using both focuspurge and focusUE, works very well. Also dont forget to kite the dino into a group of adds for additional CL-cleave knockback if u can.
    Thats the best tip you can have on Horidon, always try to position the spirit for it to be hitted with the chainlightning. Just pay attention on the last phase because you might forget it. I would also suggest to keep him really further away when the Hero+ ascendance part comes.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Also last phase with horridon in middle you really really need to relocate searing close to the walls, because horridon has HUGE hitbox and searing hits it from very far away, so if you wanna keep searing on dino, make sure its hitting itand not boss, there is nothing worse than being surprised when the dino suddenly appears right behind you at the worst moments, like when you have to run with charge
    thats the worst tip from my point of view. In last phase you are just running around the boss stoping only to cast that LvB and EB (if you use EB). Dino is absolutely no threat in that phase of the fight as you outrun it. You only need smart heal after the dire call (if you use your CDs coretly) and in that one min you make the round nearly twice to get close enough to healers to get that smart heal (hot or whatever).

    Hop

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Razecog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    554
    Might add that Focus Wind Shear works aswell.
    Shaman Warrior Monk

    When I feel earthquake, my hand automatically go to the dick. I stroke the dick and feel I have sex with the earth. All becoming calm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •