Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Even the devs themselves tell players 'he's just a bad orc', and thats not even enough to tell them. What, does it need to be tattooed on his forehead 'I'm a bad guy'
    Just because he's a "bad-guy", doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He's just doing what Blizzard tells him to do so he can feed his sprite family.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Just because you CHOSE to be enslaved doesn't change the fact that you're corrupted. You don't know the word corruption bro.
    Huh? Those that are corrupted, as you say, are those that chose to follow a path that would lead to that "corruption". They are not innocents.

  3. #43
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because he's a "bad-guy", doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He's just doing what Blizzard tells him to do so he can feed his sprite family.
    "Bad guy" is so generic. Can mean a lot of things. Mad scientist, world-destroyer, asshole, betrayer, coward, a man that dump poor ladies like trash.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Forces of any kind which seek to corrupt someone or something will pick a likely and easy target, a target that is already most of the way there. Garrosh fits that to a T. His previous history is on him and not particularly a facet of his current/future corrupted state. He was simply an easy target in the right place and at the right time. My two cents.
    Question; if this is the case, why didn't Sauranok, the Twilight Cultist you kill during Twilight Highlands, try to corrupt Garrosh? He was apparently Garrosh's most trusted advisor. If Garrosh's morality is dictated by whoever happens to be within 50 feet of him, why didn't Sauranok sneak in a few good words about the Twilight's Hammer, or get N'zoth on the phone and go "hey yeah this Garrosh guy? real easy to corrupt, slap some tentacles on his ass and we got a Horde to ourselves, baby".

    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nah, it's simply that you fail to understand the character. But don't worry, belive me, you're not alone.
    Isn't that exactly the problem he's describing? The inconsistencies in his code of ethics make him utterly impossible to understand.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,304
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Thunder King. Ra-Den. Sha of Fear. Ragnaros. Cho'Gall. Nefarion. Yogg. Lich King. Illidan.

    Need I name more?
    Sha of Fear, Yogg ARE corruption themselves, considering they are the manifestation of and an Old God.

    Ragnaros is a servant of the Old Gods.

    Nefarian is a servant of the Old Gods.

    Cho'gall is a servant of the Old Gods.

    Illidan has accepted demonic corruption into his body to make himself more powerful at least twice.

    The Lich King is the spirit of a corrupted Orc warchief fused with the body of a corrupted human prince / paladin who was slowly driven insane through a combination of his own hubris and the whispering promise of a dark power that will save his people.

    The Thunder King is the only answer here that fit in the not-corrupted spectrum, though even he has fallen from the favor of the Titans.

  6. #46
    Erm guys. If Garrosh takes this affliction to become more powerful then he has been corrupted by power. No 2 ways about it.

    Illidan, Arthas and now Garrosh - All corrupted by power and wanted more.

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Erm guys. If Garrosh takes this affliction to become more powerful then he has been corrupted by power. No 2 ways about it.

    Illidan, Arthas and now Garrosh - All corrupted by power and wanted more.
    Arthas wasn't addicted to power, he was blinded by hatred.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  8. #48
    I still think it's funny people believe Neltharion (Deathwing) couldn't resist being corrupted by an Old God but Garrosh can... lol.

    These are the whispers of the Old Gods to Deathwing:

    "The night elves will destroy the world..."
    "The Well is out of control..."
    "No one can be trusted... they want your secrets, your power..."
    "Malygos would take what is yours..."
    "Alexstrasza seeks dominion over you..."
    "They are no better than the demons..."
    "They must be dealt with like the demons..."
    You don't think Y'shaarj wouldn't have been whispering similar things to Garrosh, convincing him that most of the Horde are traitors, and that he must use Y'shaarj's power to defeat his enemies and etc.?

  9. #49
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Isn't that exactly the problem he's describing? The inconsistencies in his code of ethics make him utterly impossible to understand.
    It's impossible to understand for someone incapable to look at the whole picture. And excatly Garrosh which kind of "ethics" ever had? The same trite story of the Stonetalon scene? Come on, he executed a complete idiot that destroyed the land and killed absolutely innocent people for no reasons, while Garrosh was waging a war for obtaining resources, not destroying the damn resources. Krom'gar "laided waste to the land", and killed tauren allies, civilians too, CHILDREN even, for nothing.

    No wonder Garrosh was pissed, since such a behavior brought shame to his race, a race that he so proudly adored. And for this pride that now is bringing this war to extreme consequences, because, as is wrote in Tides of War, he doesn't concieve to "bow" his head to the Alliance, and the concept of "peace" is nothing but a handful of "subtle chains" to his people, that will be constrained to live in a rocky desert forever. And so he have to defeat, submit and destroy the Alliance, with every necessary tool that could ensure this.

    I don't find anything "inconsistent" in this.

  10. #50
    The Patient biolink22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    329
    See here is the thing, Garrosh has been making dick moves since before Mists of Pandaria, guess what, the sha were contained within Pandaria and had no influence outside of it up till this point. Garrosh was MADE as a bad guy from the beginning, yes they gave him good points but he was always meant to be bad. Up until Mists at the very least he has been in full control of himself with no corruption at all other than his own sense of "Might makes Right" which to be honest was what he pretty much grew up with, that was orc culture. Up until he got the pox that was how he was raised by Grom.


    My Deviantart sig by Axa

  11. #51
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer.
    Posts
    368
    Blizzard Devs have stated he isn't corrupted. /thread

  12. #52
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Ehm...the shoulders are making him insane.
    That's never been anything but a bad fan theory.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's impossible to understand for someone incapable to look at the whole picture. And excatly Garrosh which kind of "ethics" ever had? The same trite story of the Stonetalon scene? Come on, he executed a complete idiot that destroyed the land and killed absolutely innocent people for no reasons, while Garrosh was waging a war for obtaining resources, not destroying the damn resources. Krom'gar "laided waste to the land", and killed tauren allies, civilians too, CHILDREN even, for nothing.

    No wonder Garrosh was pissed, since such a behavior brought shame to his race, a race that he so proudly adored. And for this pride that now is bringing this war to extreme consequences, because, as is wrote in Tides of War, he doesn't concieve to "bow" his head to the Alliance, and the concept of "peace" is nothing but a handful of "subtle chains" to his people, that will be constrained to live in a rocky desert forever. And so he have to defeat, submit and destroy the Alliance, with every necessary tool that could ensure this.

    I don't find anything "inconsistent" in this.
    I'm thinking Ashenvale, not Stonetalon. He says that you barely escaped execution after accepting the assistance of a demon because you killed the demon afterwards as an act of penance. How do you reconcile this action with him accepting the assistance and/or using the power of Y'shaarj?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,304
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Blizzard Devs have stated he isn't corrupted. /thread
    Blizz devs stated Faction and Race changes would never exist.

  15. #55
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I still think it's funny people believe Neltharion (Deathwing) couldn't resist being corrupted by an Old God but Garrosh can... lol.

    You don't think Y'shaarj wouldn't have been whispering similar things to Garrosh, convincing him that most of the Horde are traitors, and that he must use Y'shaarj's power to defeat his enemies and etc.?
    Neltharion was "sensible" to the Old Gods whispers because of his role as Earth-Warder and his deep connection with the world itself, a very weakness considering that the Old Gods are tied to the world as symbiotic parasitics. Never wondered why just and only him and not ther other 4 aspects became twisted by the Old ones?

    On the other hand, Garrosh HATE the very thought of being manipulated, since this is the "sin" his father did with the Legion and he doesn't want to be repeated. Just look the Dark Shamanism, the whole concept behind it is that Garrosh's shamans must DOMINATE the elements, not revere them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 06:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm thinking Ashenvale, not Stonetalon. He says that you barely escaped execution after accepting the assistance of a demon because you killed the demon afterwards as an act of penance. How do you reconcile this action with him accepting the assistance and/or using the power of Y'shaarj?
    This is simply too easy to answer. Garrosh doesn't care about the nature of the powers he use, he just want to control them, dominate them, he only desire that the orcs follow their own destiny. This is because he hate demons so passionately, because they enslaved the orcish race, and the demon in Ashenvale wanted to turn orcs again to the whole "demonic-blood" addiction, so you, the player, was going to unwillingly turn the orcs to be addicted again. To be SLAVES again. This is what made Garrosh completely mad and wanted your head on a pike.

    Instead the whole matter with the Sha and Y'shaarj is a matter of using a power for fueling a goal. He wanted to weaponize the Sha, and when he saw the his Kor'kron couldn't control it, he promised to do that himself. And now is what he's doing with the Old God's heart.

    Garrosh doesn't care in which kind of abomination he will transform, until this is done by his own will for his own desires and goals.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-14 at 06:57 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This is simply too easy to answer. Garrosh doesn't care about the nature of the powers he use, he just want to control them, dominate them, he only desire that the orcs follow their own destiny. This is because he hate demons so passionately, because they enslaved the orcish race, and the demon in Ashenvale wanted to turn orcs again to the whole "demonic-blood" addiction, so you, the player, were going to unwillingly turn the orcs to be addicted again. To be SLAVES again. This is what made Garrosh completely mad and wanted your head on a pike.

    Instead the whole matter with the Sha and Y'shaarj is a matter of using a power for fueling a goal. He wanted to weaponize the Sha, and when he saw the his Kor'kron couldn't control it, he promised to do that himself. And now is what he's doing with the Old God's heart.

    Garrosh doesn't care in which kind of abomination he will transform, until this is done by his own will for his own desires and goals.
    If he doesn't care about the nature of the powers that he's using, why does he call Sylvanas a bitch for using the Val'kyr, and why does he (unsuccessfully) forbid her from using the Plague on the Worgen? Seriously, if he's looking for any weapon to absolutely crush the Alliance, the Val'kyr are right there.

    If Garrosh is so adamant against dependence on or addiction to a source of power, why is he allowing his people to use magic at all, considering his race has almost first-hand experience to what happened to the Elves after they lost the Sunwell? This is more rhetorical than anything because "he is a blockhead" is a perfectly fine answer here but that really makes you wonder why Thrall gave him the keys to the Horde in the first place.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-06-14 at 06:53 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  17. #57
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,140
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Question; if this is the case, why didn't Sauranok, the Twilight Cultist you kill during Twilight Highlands, try to corrupt Garrosh? He was apparently Garrosh's most trusted advisor. If Garrosh's morality is dictated by whoever happens to be within 50 feet of him, why didn't Sauranok sneak in a few good words about the Twilight's Hammer, or get N'zoth on the phone and go "hey yeah this Garrosh guy? real easy to corrupt, slap some tentacles on his ass and we got a Horde to ourselves, baby".
    Perhaps because evil is rarely competent. They always pick the wrong person. Or pick the right person but mess it up somehow. In any story pitting good versus evil it's a truism that evil is always messing up in one way or another. Look at James Bond movies: the evil villain finally has Bond in his clutches (or on his shiny metal table underneath the industrial laser) and what do they do? Simply shoot him? Well, no. They either resort to spectacularly complicated schemes to off him or they stop doing what they're doing to engage in a long soliloquy about all the terrible things they will do (and which provide an excellent opportunity for exposition) which always gives Bond the chance to be clever and get away.

    Same principle: competence. They--whoever they are--picked the wrong minion.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  18. #58
    Are we saying Garrosh is so stupid that he is immune to the mind controlling effects of the Old Gods? :P
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  19. #59
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Are we saying Garrosh is so stupid that he is immune to the mind controlling effects of the Old Gods? :P
    He isn't stupid hes just a dick in general hes actually pretty... smart for an orc despite all he thinks is fucking

    MASS DESTRUCTION RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR

  20. #60
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,633
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    Blizzard Devs have stated he isn't corrupted. /thread
    They said he wasn't corrupted in the current story, and he isn't corrupted by something as a means of explaining his actions.

    What he IS however is corrupted in his final phase in SoO, not because he becomes it, but because he accepts the corruption into himself as power. That is still corruption, because it comes from a corrupting source of evil that twists his physical form.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •