Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Garrosh falls under SEVERAL of these categories, ESPECIALLY after he willingly invites himself to be infected and affected by Y'Shaarj in the Garrosh Encounter in 5.4. Stop being idiots. He's CORRUPT.
    wrong word doofus
    corrupt and corrupted are different words
    corrupt is an adjective
    corrupted is a past tense verb

    even then, they don't fit
    1. garrosh ain't taken no bribes
    2. sure he's evil. just call him evil, not corrupt
    3. he isn't a text
    4. he's not meat
    5. we can't really tell how he smells so it's hard to call him putrid and he hasn't decayed because he hasn't died yet
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  2. #122
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,679
    Sign. Sick of this. He uses the power of the old gods, the old gods don't use him. He knows what his doing and is well in control of it. This isn't another "the old gods did it".
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  3. #123
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sign. Sick of this. He uses the power of the old gods, the old gods don't use him. He knows what his doing and is well in control of it. This isn't another "the old gods did it".
    Actually, funny thing, this IS an old god thats doing it. And just because he uses it, and is in control of it, doesn't mean he hasn't become corrupted by it.

    Is this going to be one of those things again where no matter how often you point it out, it whistles though the ears of the garrosh fan community?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  4. #124
    Field Marshal Solemnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Two Moons
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually, funny thing, this IS an old god thats doing it. And just because he uses it, and is in control of it, doesn't mean he hasn't become corrupted by it.

    Is this going to be one of those things again where no matter how often you point it out, it whistles though the ears of the garrosh fan community?
    It depends on your definition of corrupted. Sure his body is corrupted, but I doubt mentally he's going to be much different besides empowering his warped personality because it doesn't exactly change it in any way to be used as a verb. I don't even understand how a dead god could control someone literally anyway, as it has been stated that it's very very dead. Just empowering the negative prideful aspects (and subaspects) of ones personality.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2013-06-16 at 12:35 AM.
    Minty Mistweaver Monk
    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.

  5. #125
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    It depends on your definition of corrupted. Sure his body is corrupted, but I doubt mentally he's going to be much different besides empowering his warped personality. I don't even understand how a dead god could control someone literally anyway, as it has been stated that it's very very dead. Just empowering the negative prideful aspects (and subaspects) of ones personality.
    theres much debate on it, but its the same deal as what happened with cho'gall.. infact almost exactly the same, since he absorbed the power of c'thun into his own body, making him into.. That. Old god also do not 'die' in the tradictional sense.. and we hear Y'Shaarj tell you he has only been sleeping.

    Either way, Garrosh willingly allows Y'Shaarj to empower him, meaning he allows the old god to corrupt his physical form into a mass of evil, well retaining his control, the same as Cho'gal did.

    Of course we're just speculating this. All we know, blizzard might well do a thing where near the end of the fight, Garrosh begins to lose his control over the power Y'Shaarj gives him, and the old god reveals what a fool garrosh is, intending to use him to return to the mortal plane.

    The developers told us he wouldn't be corrupted in the sense that all he does isn't based on some corrupt force telling him to do it, he just does it because he's an asshole, but that doesn't mean he won't give into corruption he himself creates.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    you're wrong. l2 old gods lore. his mind is invaded. he dont know shit
    the discovery of the old god only happened in 5.3.

    he never went to pandaria so he wasnt influenced by the sha, he knew what he was doing through the whole expac, and prior.

    there was even a Blue saying "he's not corrupted by anything, he is just a bad guy doing bad guy crap and he needs to be killed"
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

  7. #127
    Field Marshal Solemnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Two Moons
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    theres much debate on it, but its the same deal as what happened with cho'gall.. infact almost exactly the same, since he absorbed the power of c'thun into his own body, making him into.. That. Old god also do not 'die' in the tradictional sense.. and we hear Y'Shaarj tell you he has only been sleeping.

    Either way, Garrosh willingly allows Y'Shaarj to empower him, meaning he allows the old god to corrupt his physical form into a mass of evil, well retaining his control, the same as Cho'gal did.

    Of course we're just speculating this. All we know, blizzard might well do a thing where near the end of the fight, Garrosh begins to lose his control over the power Y'Shaarj gives him, and the old god reveals what a fool garrosh is, intending to use him to return to the mortal plane.

    The developers told us he wouldn't be corrupted in the sense that all he does isn't based on some corrupt force telling him to do it, he just does it because he's an asshole, but that doesn't mean he won't give into corruption he himself creates.
    I don't recall Y'Shaarj say he has been sleeping. I'm pretty sure it's been stated many times that this one is literally dead, but its remains corrupt (or amplify negative emotions) along with the curse he placed on Pandaria.

    Edit: I understand how the old gods can't actually be killed, or at least all of them, or the resulting w/e would destroy the world. However in the best-buy Q&A they did say this..
    Y'shaarj breathed love and exhaled hate, inhaled peace and breathed violence... Plus, his name was y'SHAarj. It's pretty safe to connect the dots. :smileyhappy: But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead.
    I don't know if that means they really killed him for good and when a god really dies a continent goes nuts, and killing them all would be some kind of amplifier for the end, but it's interesting nonetheless.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2013-06-16 at 12:53 AM.
    Minty Mistweaver Monk
    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.

  8. #128
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually, funny thing, this IS an old god thats doing it. And just because he uses it, and is in control of it, doesn't mean he hasn't become corrupted by it.

    Is this going to be one of those things again where no matter how often you point it out, it whistles though the ears of the garrosh fan community?
    That is against him not for him... out of all the people on this forum i would think you would be the one who doesn't want him to be corrupted. I sure as hell want to kill him for being a twat not for being corrupt.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  9. #129
    Stood in the Fire mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    362
    He's corrupt because he came to Pandaria with all the symptoms that corrupted past Pandarian figures. His nature, while you dismiss as normal on the other continents of Azeroth, lead to the Sha of Pride seeping into him. Hence, the idea of corruption. A fact that the story has illustrated since day one in regards to us players, and the 5.1 patch with the storyline.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

  10. #130
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is against him not for him... out of all the people on this forum i would think you would be the one who doesn't want him to be corrupted. I sure as hell want to kill him for being a twat not for being corrupt.
    You don't get it then. The fact he's become the corrupted mass in his final form is all his own doing. Everything he has done, even to the point of accepting an old gods corruption into his body, is all because of his own decisions, none of it comes from an outside force making him do it, so, regardless if he's just normal garrosh or old god corrupted garrosh, its still the same asshat i get to shove my transmogged gorehowl up his anus with.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  11. #131
    Field Marshal Solemnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Two Moons
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    He's corrupt because he came to Pandaria with all the symptoms that corrupted past Pandarian figures. His nature, while you dismiss as normal on the other continents of Azeroth, lead to the Sha of Pride seeping into him. Hence, the idea of corruption. A fact that the story has illustrated since day one in regards to us players, and the 5.1 patch with the storyline.
    He came to Pandaria as an asshole, and is I'm pretty sure they're trying to give him this pride-incarnate personality. Not sure about your definition of corruption, but how can you corrupt evil? The word choice makes no sense, as with every definition of corruption (and it's variations) points to depravity and a decline of some sort. When rather it will have less effect on his morals than you think but rather emphasizing or empowering.
    Minty Mistweaver Monk
    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    I don't recall Y'Shaarj say he has been sleeping. I'm pretty sure it's been stated many times that this one is literally dead, but its remains corrupt (or amplify negative emotions) along with the curse he placed on Pandaria.

    Edit: I understand how the old gods can't actually be killed, or at least all of them, or the resulting w/e would destroy the world. However in the best-buy Q&A they did say this..


    I don't know if that means they really killed him for good and when a god really dies a continent goes nuts, and killing them all would be some kind of amplifier for the end, but it's interesting nonetheless.
    Echo of Y'shaarj says "I only sleep" in the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario, I think when you beat him.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You don't get it then. The fact he's become the corrupted mass in his final form is all his own doing. Everything he has done, even to the point of accepting an old gods corruption into his body, is all because of his own decisions, none of it comes from an outside force making him do it, so, regardless if he's just normal garrosh or old god corrupted garrosh, its still the same asshat i get to shove my transmogged gorehowl up his anus with.
    I agree with this, his body may be corrupted but his mind isnt. Even then it's only corrupted during the fight so his actions prior to that are his own will as far as we know.

  14. #134
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Useless posts. lol

    Kind of like that gigantic wall of text where you do almost nothing but answer lose ends with hollow blabber and extrapolations in paragraph after paragraph of what would seem to be fan-fic? Speaking of wasted time and piles of shit.
    You can't even see how much stupid your post was? Seriously, the true essence of ignorance is excatly when the ignorant person don't recognize it. And you are excatly acting in that way. Nice job, "smart" guy.

    No, it's not "hollow blabber", this is excatly what the story is if you take into account ALL the sources, but you are completely blind to even take in account the whole in game material, mostly because you don't care, in fact you easily smelled like one of the army of Alliance crybabies that plague the community nowdays, whining about the Alliance "treatment" and feel like spitting shit to the Horde storyline make you feel any better. Sad and pathetic, like all of you die-hard whiners.

    And yeah, your post was a true waste of time, because even a single statement of few words is wasted time if the statement itself is nothing more than useless shit screaming "I don't know a fuck about it and i'm proud of it!". Go to write things about stuff you know about, instead of looking like a random smartass.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 06:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    sure he's evil. just call him evil, not corrupt
    In the Warcraft universe considering someone like Garrosh "evil" is dubious. He's more reckless, unrespectful and no-caring about anything outside his beloved orcs (and he's still eager to kill his own men in order to "cover-up" things, and acting like a ruthless dictator for keep his people "united" against the Alliance).

    He has been the greatest responsible of the destruction of the Vale, and because he want to obliterate Pandaria, bring the end of the world or shit like that?

    No, he simply don't give a fuck about it.

    [This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-06-18 at 01:47 PM.

  15. #135
    High Overlord Puppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    139
    Confirmed by Kosak...... he is not corrupted!

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You don't get it then. The fact he's become the corrupted mass in his final form is all his own doing. Everything he has done, even to the point of accepting an old gods corruption into his body, is all because of his own decisions, none of it comes from an outside force making him do it, so, regardless if he's just normal garrosh or old god corrupted garrosh, its still the same asshat i get to shove my transmogged gorehowl up his anus with.
    Trassk, on this thread, I agree with you. Garrosh might be corrupted, but he's in control of his actions. He's done everything of his own accord, and just because his body is pulsing with the energies of an Old God doesn't mean they made him do it. He made his own decisions and walked down his own path leading him to this place. Blizzard has stated this plainly enough. Whether or not Y'shaarj was whispering into his ear in the short period after the prison was captured and the Siege of Orgrimmar begins is kind of immaterial, since Garrosh was rather obviously planning on using the Echo of Y'shaarj SOMEHOW in the freaking scenario.

    Avatar by Ely
    My deviantART

  17. #137
    I don't think corruption is appropriate to describe Garrosh until the moment we force his hand - battered and bruised at the end of the first phase in his boss fight. Call it an act of desperation; if he doesn't do everything within his power to stop the invading Alliance/rebel scum, he won't be able to see or enact his glorious vision of the future.
    Warlock DOT Haste Spreadsheet 5.4 - Level 90

  18. #138
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Trassk, on this thread, I agree with you. Garrosh might be corrupted, but he's in control of his actions. He's done everything of his own accord, and just because his body is pulsing with the energies of an Old God doesn't mean they made him do it. He made his own decisions and walked down his own path leading him to this place. Blizzard has stated this plainly enough. Whether or not Y'shaarj was whispering into his ear in the short period after the prison was captured and the Siege of Orgrimmar begins is kind of immaterial, since Garrosh was rather obviously planning on using the Echo of Y'shaarj SOMEHOW in the freaking scenario.
    The sound files on Garrosh just confirms this 100% too. Everything he's done is because of his own choices and actions.

    However, this is one thing I do wonder about that sound files. He said how, about his destiny, how he saw himself standing on a mountain of skulls with rivers running with blood. Was this because he was given this vision by something, or just because he's that much of a raving psychopath?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  19. #139
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    I don't think corruption is appropriate to describe Garrosh until the moment we force his hand - battered and bruised at the end of the first phase in his boss fight. Call it an act of desperation; if he doesn't do everything within his power to stop the invading Alliance/rebel scum, he won't be able to see or enact his glorious vision of the future.
    Off topic: i agree with your post but more importantly awesome avatar :P so much memories haha

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    However, this is one thing I do wonder about that sound files. He said how, about his destiny, how he saw himself standing on a mountain of skulls with rivers running with blood. Was this because he was given this vision by something, or just because he's that much of a raving psychopath?
    Could be related with the Sha of Pride, who could had irrevocably empowered his already abnormus pride to crazy levels (the fact that the Sha in question is vanquished when we fight Garrosh wouldn't change that) or maybe he sees something very mad about his "destiny", by even saying, in what i presume are his dying moments, "What i have seen......" and getting completely on his head.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-20 at 07:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •