Thread: Server queues

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    So we get to play the game with no restrictions at all? Otherwise it's not a F2P game. A genuine F2P game is like GW2 with no restrictions at all, period.
    Content is not restricted at all in this game. That is what a f2p model is.

GW2 is also not a f2p game. Gotta pay for it, then you can play it.

You can buy cosmetic upgrades in both games though.
    Last edited by Hoegarden; 2013-06-20 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    Ok then, I bought Rift way back when it was B2sub so are you telling me that Rift is now totally free for me to play then? No restrictions at all? Not like I start the game naked and I have to buy my way up? I have the same perks as every other player?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Ok then, I bought Rift way back when it was B2sub so are you telling me that Rift is now totally free for me to play then? No restrictions at all? Not like I start the game naked and I have to buy my way up? I have the same perks as every other player?
    The F2P game is the full chocolate (vanilla) Rift and Storm Legion xpac (minus 3 souls), all raids and content.

What you can buy with credits: Special, premium, high detail mounts, that were store mounts anyway.

What patrons get: priority in queues (which are next to gone now even for non-patrons; they added servers and increased capacity); and slight frills ... similar to what Tera gives their patrons, like an xp boost vial.

You do get rewards for past subbing, 'loyalty' rewards. I got a 110% mount usable at level 1 on all toons I create, it is nice to move faster from the start.

There is no raid gear on the store. There is no locked out content (raids, dungeons, rifts, IAs, etc) accessible through a store purchase.

The game plays exactly as it did for you, when you subbed. You start out at level 1, with crappy stuff, do quests, earn rewards, do rifts, earn planarite. You can buy your way up, with in game currencies, like planarite from rare planar vendors! or buy really crappy gear from the store that is worse than your quest/planar reward gear.

You can not pay a single dime, and get the full experience you had in 'chocolate' rift + storm legion xpac content (minus the 3 added souls). I cannot play GW2 without an initial up front investment ... which means SWtOR is considered truly F2P more so than your GW2 example.

You still get to roll on any server. You still get to xfer your toon once a week for free to any server.

But it is great you wanted to stab at the game before you knew anything, and before researching. 'rawr rawr rawr' 'wait, am I wrong in my assumptions?' ...

>_>

4 souls, not 3.

And some things in the store might give you an edge (looking at you master focus), but most of it is not gear-progression related. You can get some gear, but you could get it from a dungeon just as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    4 souls, not 3.

And some things in the store might give you an edge (looking at you master focus), but most of it is not gear-progression related. You can get some gear, but you could get it from a dungeon just as quickly.
    Eh, Master Focus only matters really if you have multiple characters of the same calling filling the same role. It's pretty useless across multiple callings as your essences are going to be different, and even across the same calling if you're filling different roles.

It's alright for like, swapping between undergeared cleric/mage or rogue/war, but considering how cheap a Sigil of the Five is, and how easy it is to come by some basic essences, Master Focus really not giving you an advantage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Eh, Master Focus only matters really if you have multiple characters of the same calling filling the same role. It's pretty useless across multiple callings as your essences are going to be different, and even across the same calling if you're filling different roles.

It's alright for like, swapping between undergeared cleric/mage or rogue/war, but considering how cheap a Sigil of the Five is, and how easy it is to come by some basic essences, Master Focus really not giving you an advantage at all.
    Hmm..didn't Foci have lvl requirements? I thought the Master was the only one not having a lvl req. Could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Hmm..didn't Foci have lvl requirements? I thought the Master was the only one not having a lvl req. Could be wrong tho.
    Sigil of the Five requires level 50 and is a whopping 7500 planarite (i.e. like 2 zone events), and the essences themselves all have level requirements as well. So I guess you could get a Master Focus and fill it with 6 low level essences to be awesome for a few levels?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    The F2P game is the full chocolate (vanilla) Rift and Storm Legion xpac (minus 3 souls), all raids and content.

What you can buy with credits: Special, premium, high detail mounts, that were store mounts anyway.

What patrons get: priority in queues (which are next to gone now even for non-patrons; they added servers and increased capacity); and slight frills ... similar to what Tera gives their patrons, like an xp boost vial.

You do get rewards for past subbing, 'loyalty' rewards. I got a 110% mount usable at level 1 on all toons I create, it is nice to move faster from the start.

There is no raid gear on the store. There is no locked out content (raids, dungeons, rifts, IAs, etc) accessible through a store purchase.

The game plays exactly as it did for you, when you subbed. You start out at level 1, with crappy stuff, do quests, earn rewards, do rifts, earn planarite. You can buy your way up, with in game currencies, like planarite from rare planar vendors! or buy really crappy gear from the store that is worse than your quest/planar reward gear.

You can not pay a single dime, and get the full experience you had in 'chocolate' rift + storm legion xpac content (minus the 3 added souls). I cannot play GW2 without an initial up front investment ... which means SWtOR is considered truly F2P more so than your GW2 example.

You still get to roll on any server. You still get to xfer your toon once a week for free to any server.

But it is great you wanted to stab at the game before you knew anything, and before researching. 'rawr rawr rawr' 'wait, am I wrong in my assumptions?' ...

>_>

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive reply. That was more or less what I wanted to get cleared before I get into the game again. Now, I haven’t played the game for like 7-8 months or so and I'm mostly into PvP. Has Rift improved in this area because it was really bad in PvP in my opinion when I played, I mean clunky game play, serious imbalanced classes, most spells being hard casts etc?

If you want pvp in an mmo, Rift is not the place to go. From what I have heard (and seen, though my experience is low level pvp), the pvp in this game is craptastic. Though with f2p and the pvp shards miraculously going FULL, they might try to tweak pvp. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

they might try to tweak pvp
    Don't bet on it. The last time they tried to do any significant balancing of their PvP was back in chocolate when they tried to make scaled PvP (Like GW2). It was nice but they didn't go through with it. They haven't really done anything since.