Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It was clarified by a CDev a while back.

Old Gods are outside the cycle of life and time. When you see them, as in when we saw Yogg in Ulduar, they aren't really there. Sure, there is a physical body present that is controlled by Yogg-Saron, but it isn't his corporeal form. It's unknown even Old Gods even have one.

They literally sit in their own realm where they cannot die, and where time is nothing to them. So when we defeated C'Thun and Yogg, all we did was push them out of the physical realm.

The only way to completely destroy an Old God is to remove it completely from existence and time. There is no known way to do that which we have been told.

One or two tanks, two healers and six dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    Doesn't sound like removing the Old Gods would be a walk in the park.

Also, beings afflicted by the Curse of Flesh are directly linked to the Old Gods, meaning that if you remove the Old Gods, all the fleshlings on Azeroth would be no more.
    all dwarves/gnomes would be killed (never seen any stone vrykul so im assuming they were made with flesh, thus humans wouldn't die either)

tauren/trolls/elves/undead (maybe) would be fine as they are naturally made of flesh
    orcs/draenei would also be fine as they arent even from a planet that was ruled by old gods

this is all assuming the death of an Old God undoes or destroys everything they've influenced
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods remind me of Dark Force from the Phantasy Star Games. You can never completely destroy it because to do so would result in the instant destruction of whatever planet it's on. All you can do is subue it and seal it for 1000 years.

Basically if one wanted to be rid of the Old Gods for good you'd have completely evacuate the entire planet and let the Titans nuke it. The remains of Draenor in The Twisted Nether could be a viable option to evac the entire planet.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    never seen any stone vrykul so im assuming they were made with flesh, thus humans wouldn't die either
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Iron_vrykul

Iron Vrykul are a variant of vrykul composed of iron. Like the iron dwarves and iron giants, they are servants of Loken.

The names of some trash mobs hint that some of them are made of hardened steel and titanium, but it seems they are still part of the 'armies of iron'.

The only apparent creator of iron vrykul is a fire giant named Volkhan, who can be seen forging new additions to the iron vrykul army in the Halls of Lightning. Iron vrykul are stored below Forge of Wills, and may be made there, but are not shown being made there. In the end however, it is clear that no matter what the process used to create them, Volkhan is ultimately the "factory worker" building them, while Loken himself is "the boss" that owns them.

World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5 says that the titans created the vrykul, and that the vrykul turned into humans due to the Curse of Flesh, with no other stages mentioned. The iron races are grouped separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Not anymore, since that device (situated in Uldum) was destroyed in Cataclysm.
    I'm not talking about the Planetary Re-Originator. That thing isn't an orbital gun, anyway.
    Read the description for Thorim's Hammer. That thing can take out continents at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    It was clarified by a CDev a while back.

Old Gods are outside the cycle of life and time. When you see them, as in when we saw Yogg in Ulduar, they aren't really there. Sure, there is a physical body present that is controlled by Yogg-Saron, but it isn't his corporeal form. It's unknown even Old Gods even have one.

They literally sit in their own realm where they cannot die, and where time is nothing to them. So when we defeated C'Thun and Yogg, all we did was push them out of the physical realm.

The only way to completely destroy an Old God is to remove it completely from existence and time. There is no known way to do that which we have been told.
    There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
    But if I know what I do not know, then how unknown will the knowing be, if those who know are also unknown?

10+ Year Old Account
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And with strange aeons even death may die"

Ia C'thun! Ia Yogg-Saron! Ia Y'Shaarj! Ia N'zoth! Ia Ny'alotha!

I shall accept our supreme overlords, the world shall kneel. Against them, it is a war that we can not win, we can only delay the inevitable. Go, my fellow mortals, embrace your gods, embrace the Old Gods, we shall tear down the heavens, bring down the Pantheon! For the glory of N'Zoth!

Ia N'Zoth, fhtagn wgah'n shogg!

*clings to his [Puzzlebox of Yogg-Saron]*

What it takes to kill an old god? Saurfang.

I might sound silly here but you could compare an Old God to what we call a recession in economics. You can end (destroy?) a given recession once it takes hold. But you can never truly defeat a recession forever because an economy cannot boom forever. There's always a future recession out there, waiting to manifest (whispering to us all that the good times cannot last forever?)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods are never vanquished, just sent into remission a la Freddy Kruger or Jason Voorhees.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. He siphons the power from the Heart of Y'Shaarj, which is an Old God's heart. It's Old God power; not Sha power.
    The distinction isn't very important. The Sha are parts of Y'shaarj's slain body, so they are actually one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its simple you need dakka. And if that dont work use more dakka.

they dont die, they go play poker with elvis, biggie, tupac, mj and all the other people that arent really dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its simple you need dakka. And if that dont work use more dakka.
    More dakka!
    Give orcs machine guns and all hell breaks loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    More dakka!
    Give orcs machine guns and all hell breaks loose.
    It looks something like this:
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Fileakkatitan.jpg
    No old god can stand against that firepower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I still dislike the new lore on the pandaland old god. They arent supposed to be killable, they come back always, so why is y'shaarj dead? Im assuming he cant be surely. Since the other old gods we dealt with have just been subdued rather than actually killed.
    He only sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I still dislike the new lore on the pandaland old god. They arent supposed to be killable, they come back always, so why is y'shaarj dead? Im assuming he cant be surely. Since the other old gods we dealt with have just been subdued rather than actually killed.
    They are killable. They aren't killable by us. There's a subtle difference.