Poll: Which expansion do u think is the most casual friendly?

Deleted

Which expansion do u think is the most casual friendly?

Like the title says...

Which expansion do u think caters to the casual Wow player the most

Wotlk.
    God, I was such a newbie to the whole raidthingy and got carried by pugs week after week.

Wrath.

Double Lockouts, PUGs were the most prevalent, Dungeons were easier, content overall was much simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Wrath, for the sheer fact I was pretty casual and still got far into raiding content, as well as always having something fun to do.

Very curious why people think Cata was casual friendly. From what I remember heroics were insanely difficult(from the start, hell ZA/ZG dungeons we're pretty damn tough too) Raiding content wasn't easy to get into until 4.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between MoP and Wrath because both were very casual-friendly, but in different ways. Ultimately... I guess Wrath, because casuals by definition are players with limited playtime, and Wrath had the highest reward to time investment ratio (as in, you could get powerful gear with very little preparation or prior time investment due to the badge system setup and 5-man progression chain) for multiple activities, not just raiding, and rep grinding could be done in a couple afternoons of dungeon grinding through the Wrath/Cata tabard system.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Wrath casual friendly. But as a casual player I had most to do in Vanilla. TBC was bit less but would say as casual in TBC had more to do than in Wotlk.

Wrath of the Lich King gets my vote (I might have voted for the wrong one in the poll). MoP is close second and Cataclysm a slightly more distant third. BC and Vanilla where immensly hostile to casuals in comparison, although they were far better then any other MMO at the time.

Wrath of the Lich King made normal raids easy enough for almost anyone to step into and PUG, especially 10 man. The tabard rep made it easy to get some epics, and badges could get you almost BIS gear. It got slightly harder with Ulduar and TotC, but ICC got real easy with several stacks of the buff. Overall the most lenient expansion for a casual gamer.

MoP is relatively close with LFR beeing available for anyone who can sit down for a couple of hours and heroics beeing really quick and easy, but suffers compared to WotLK by giving casuals a much harder time getting really good gear and no "free" epics with reputation tabards.

Cataclysm gave casuals quite decent gear with Valor, and a REALLY quick catchup with Justice and the 4.3 5-mans beeing real easy and rewarding. However it looses out to MoP and WotLK with some of the hardest raiding ever except for Dragon Soul.

Vanilla and BC essentially only offered leveling to casual players, and really is nowhere even close to the others.

Cata and MoP have LFR so it's pretty casual friendly but WotLK does have the easiest normal mode raids.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ ppl voting wrath. It did start the whole casual thing but wasn't to the extent as it is now. So my vote is for end of Cata/MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop is the least casual friendly expansion to date with the possible exception of tbc.

wotlk was far more casual friendly especially the later half of the expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm torn between MoP and Wrath because both were very casual-friendly, but in different ways. Ultimately... I guess Wrath, because casuals by definition are players with limited playtime, and Wrath had the highest reward to time investment ratio (as in, you could get powerful gear with very little preparation or prior time investment due to the badge system setup and 5-man progression chain) for multiple activities, not just raiding, and rep grinding could be done in a couple afternoons of dungeon grinding through the Wrath/Cata tabard system.
    This is precisely how you engage and reward casual players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath. I was pretty bad back then because I had just started playing but managed to raid just about all end-game content without being in a raiding guild. If it weren't for LFR there's no way anybody could say that today, unless you just have a lot of friends in high places.

As a casual player myself, I would say either Wrath or Mists.

Mists of Pandaria has looking for raid, an easy way for casual players to see all of the raids in the game. However, as a casual player, I actually quit the game due to the first month of the expansion being so heavy on the reputation grind in order to get the higher level equipment. I became so fed up with the slow daily and weekly grinding requirements that I actually jumped ship. So while there are more options for casuals to raid (Looking for raid and now flexible raiding), that initital gear tedium wasn't too nurturing for casual play, at least for me.

Wrath of The Lich King didn't have LFR, meaning casuals interested in seeing raid content had to enter the dangerous world of trade chat and ventrilo servers in order to get their giant boss killing fix, but I found that dungeons were generally much speedier, and I had amassed enough gear to get carried through the raids fairly quickly. Maybe it was just because I had more tolerance for a grind, but I PuG raided all the way through WoTLK, but could barely reach LFR before burning out on MOP.

Deleted
    Mop with Wrath a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the raiding aspect for casuals for Wrath but in MoP there are more things to do all around for casuals to do.

I remember hearing the word Casualclysm. From the so called "hardcore raiders" complaining how everything was "too easy"