Poll: What happens if thrall dies?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Happy. Tired of Thrall being the focal point for the Horde.
    Excuse me, but has Thrall been the focal point of anything in mists, aside showing up for one quest.

If anything Thralls story in this current period has been stumped because of people complaining about him in cata, so we didn't even get to see a story of the birth of his son.

People really need more common sense on this forum.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    During the siege, we hear that Thrall himself is pushing through a different part of Org to get to Garrosh. Thrall is furious once he finds out Garrosh has used the Sha, and is destroying everything in his path to reach him. As we push through the instance, we might hear Thrall yelling that he is going to take down Garrosh for what he has done.

Once we get to Garrosh's room, we watch as Thrall gets wounded (or killed by Garrosh). The reason for him being wounded is so maybe Thrall can help us during the fight, or have a conversation with Garrosh at the end of the fight, but the end result is that Thrall will die. Before he dies he will talk about peace and shit, and Varian and Baine/Vol'jin/Saurfang will be like "yo, thrall is right!" and then everyone lives happily ever after.

And yeah, I would be happy if something like this happened. Blizzard rarely takes risks, big name heroes rarely die. I wanted Darion or Tirion to die at the end of WOTLK, that did not happen. I wanted Thrall to die at the end of Cata, that did not happen either. I doubt this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thrall dying wouldn't just kill the story for me, I'd just quit the game.
    Good, one more reason to kill thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Good, one more reason to kill thrall.
    oh, hey.. bye bye /ignore.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me, but has Thrall been the focal point of anything in mists, aside showing up for one quest.
    Really? It's because of Thrall's poor choice of leadership that we're in this mess and have the entire story arc of Mists. If he had picked literally ANY other leader of the Horde, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

He's been a large part of the story in the Landfall and Escalation patches, not just "one quest."

Deleted
    I agree with Trassk here, the Horde has lost so many key characters in the past expansion(s), if they add Thrall to that list, that'd be some seriously bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Really? It's because of Thrall's poor choice of leadership that we're in this mess and have the entire story arc of Mists. If he had picked literally ANY other leader of the Horde, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

He's been a large part of the story in the Landfall and Escalation patches, not just "one quest."
    Oh yes, lets blame the character with a good background on the shit decision making of the current developers.
    Incase you've been living in a cave for the last 4 years, near enough every major lore character in wow has come under the same scrutiny.

Thrall though is here right now doing something about it, and all you can say is 'durrr, I hope he dies because I don't like him', god, I've heard it countless times from the same bad argument.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimper View Post
    I agree with Trassk here, the Horde has lost so many key characters in the past expansion(s), if they add Thrall to that list, that'd be some seriously bad writing.
    You guys seriously have no idea what good writing is. Who gives a shit if the Horde has lost so many characters? The amount of deaths has nothing to do with the quality of writing, it is how those deaths are done that determines whether or not it is good writing.

However, Thrall, being the mary sue that he is, coming to save the day and take down Garrosh IS bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, lets blame the character with a good background on the shit decision making of the current developers.
    Incase you've been living in a cave for the last 4 years, near enough every major lore character in wow has come under the same scrutiny.

Thrall though is here right now doing something about it, and all you can say is 'durrr, I hope he dies because I don't like him', god, I've heard it countless times from the same bad argument.
    Let me guess, all of this must be because...

...we live in a time where teenagers would mug a war vet, film it on there phone and post it online for shits and giggles...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

I'd be happy, he was responsible for making Cata a bad expansion in the first place. It sucks that we didn't even get to kill Deathwing ourselves, Thrall just had to have it didn't he?

But lets be honest, Metzen isn't gonna let Thrall die

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall though is here right now doing something about it, and all you can say is 'durrr, I hope he dies because I don't like him', god, I've heard it countless times from the same bad argument
    People say the same thing about Garrosh (of who I happen to find a much more interesting character). I'm tired of the Green Jesus swooping in to save the day every time there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    However, Thrall, being the mary sue that he is, coming to save the day and take down Garrosh IS bad writing.
    I agree with this.

Thrall is such an interesting character imo, it would be sad for him to die

I'd be happy if he had an awesome death. Like, raging at Sargeras or something like that.

Otherwise, I'd be neutral. Every major character that falls opens space for new characters to come.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarrow View Post
    Thrall is such an interesting character imo, it would be sad for him to die
    That is the whole reason it would be good.

People seem to think that if a character is boring or uninteresting, that means they should die. That isn't how it works, and is plain bad writing. A character who dies SHOULD be interesting, to get an emotional reaction. Otherwise it is just an excuse to get rid of a character, and makes it clear that the writers don't know how to write for shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd nod my head and say "alright".

Deleted
    I was going to say "inb4 Trassk" but I see he beat me to it!

I, personally, would love Thrall to die, to fulfill all my sick fantasies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral. But not in the sense that I wouldn't care.
    I'd be sad to see a good character die. But if it serves the story well then it is a good thing especially if in the story Thrall's death inspires radical change throughout the Horde. Orc's are big on heroes who die so even if Thrall were to die chances are his teachings will be mentioned time and time again.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    You guys seriously have no idea what good writing is. Who gives a shit if the Horde has lost so many characters? The amount of deaths has nothing to do with the quality of writing, it is how those deaths are done that determines whether or not it is good writing.

Yeah but who cares about good writing?

Neutral. This is already a train wreck. I have no more emotions to invest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimper View Post
    Explain. If his death were to further the story in an interesting way then it's good writing. What you are asking for with quotes like yours is plot armour. Which is not good writing.

How about they give a different character the spotlight!? Maybe Varian? You know like you said you would blizzard?