Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Transitioning ally to horde after yrs of ally only

Thinking of going horde to increase dps. Anyone have any experience where theyve played ally only and went horde after 5+ years.

Im a lil afraid of new cities and terminology etc... Ive literally never had a horde past lvl 1

I assume you're talking about faction transfering. if so, I recommend rolling a toon there and leveling before making that decision. If you don't like the faction, you won't play it.

my advice is this....i xferred from horde to alli.....i do think that alli gets the short end of the stick with racials for PVE but hardly noticeable (yes there is a difference, but not as much as many would like to have you believe). Me personally find the alliance side more (please dont get offended) mature as a whole than the horde side. Communitywise I find alliance a much better environment. So if you are asking if spending $55 for a racial and VERY SLIGHTLY increased dps is worth it....no chance, not for me and its not even close

Deleted
    dont do it

Do it. Horde gets better stuff.

Don't you only get like a ~2k dps increase from the Horde racials? Considering how high DPS is that's pretty insignificant.. 105k vs 107k? Doesn't look very impressive...

Unless the increase is higher than that?

I played Alliance in TBC then went horde during Wrath and Cata and am now back to Alliance.. I prefer alliance as a whole to Horde. Like someone said, it's a less annoying community..

Also like someone else mentioned; level a toon on horde for a bit a see if you like it.. Unless you have friends/ a guild coming with you I don't think it would really be worth it.

Both factions are the same thing except at the very highest level of play. If you were competing at the level where racials can make an actual impact, you'd already know for sure what you're looking into. Unless you really just want a change of scenery, there's really no reason to do it.

Hope you aren't too attached to your Argent Tournament achievements
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. I was Alliance from late Vanilla up until Firelands in Cata. I did make one Horde character in WotLK for PvP purposes. Most of my Alliance got faction changed after I leveled another Horde character and found a guild I liked in Firelands.

I don't remember it being that difficult to acclimate to the new setting. Just try to find a friendly guild that knows you just changed and doesn't mind you asking questions that most Horde might find silly.

Deleted
    Why do people abbreviate a word with an already existing word?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Me personally find the alliance side more (please dont get offended) mature as a whole than the horde side. Communitywise I find alliance a much better environment.
    That really depends on the server you're on and the people you encounter. You can't label a side with an attitude, because its different on every server. For example on my first realm the horde side was much more mature than alliance. On other realms it was equal or the opposite.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make darn sure you like the faction before you pay to change to it. Years of investment in the Alliance could mean you'll like Horde questing less.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The cities will be a pain.. and you will have to say lust instead of hero.. but other than that it shouldn't be that HUGE of a change.

Horde FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoni View Post
    That really depends on the server you're on and the people you encounter. You can't label a side with an attitude, because its different on every server. For example on my first realm the horde side was much more mature than alliance. On other realms it was equal or the opposite.
    actually i have been on 6 different horde servers......lol all were the same.......alliance was better than any of those previous 6.....so its pretty safe for me to generalize it. Also friends who have joined me from horde who had dispersed throughout the years on different horde servers feel the same way....lol

Orgrimmar is easy to manage around, thunder bluff is even easier.

also we have the forsaken, so win win
    Be feared, or be fuel

15+ Year Old Account
    going horde is still something I'm not happy about, but as a raider you go where the raiding is, I will never look as good as I did as a human priest, horde are all ugly there cities are shitholes
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to get familiar with the zeppelin routes. You could in theory take the Alliance boats if you parked on the top of a sail.

I recommend rolling and playing a lowbie first before face diving into another faction to see if you will even like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep I did this too, and I can say the only thing I miss is my AB tabard, I think the horde equivalent is not as cool. But I did it for horde racials for raiding, and am still very happy with the decision.

I was lost in Org for forever, but really just know where the two AH's are, most of the rest you need is in the draft and it just kinda falls into place after awhile. Horde have the same problem coming to Stormwind. I think Org is much more badass btw :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    The cities will be a pain.. and you will have to say lust instead of hero.. but other than that it shouldn't be that HUGE of a change.

Horde FTW!
    I changed one of my alts to Ally (now changing him back to Horde) to play with some of my friends. It really confused the hell out of me when someone told the shaman in group to "save hero" and it took me a long time before I realized what he actually meant.

It's bloodlust!! Gosh.

ALSO Undercity is the easiest city ever to navigate??? It's compact and makes perfect sense when you get used to it! Now, getting in with a flier might be a bit hard, but after that. I hate Stormwind it takes me half of my time in-game to find anything there!!

That being said, don't reroll for racials only. Play what play, because if you hate your character you hate playing.

Get used to actually having content. hur dur dur dur #allyproblems