Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I think at least some of it has to do with underlying racism in our country, along with the large divide in the US regarding political ideologies.


    It's basically an internet thing. The only reason Bush and Obama are "seen" as bad presidents by the internet is because pre-Bush, we barely had the internet.
    Bush had some folksy charm but he generally came off as a moron whenever he opened his mouth publicly AND put our country trillions of dollars into debt after Clinton had put 8 years in digging us out of the debt hole. Bush sr. might have done an OK job as president, but G.W. certainly did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

  2. #22
    I think a lot people expected to much in too short a time.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  3. #23
    The breaks broke on the crazy train and there's no coming back for some people. It's difficult to give someone credit for anything when you accused of them being the Anti-Christ.

  4. #24
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Well he saved Europe And USA from another economics crisis so i can say he has done much more for us in our country than our president did himself.
    Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman disagrees.

    I disagree with much of his fiscal policy, but I'm not super bothered by it either. Socially I tend to agree with him on most issues, but when it comes to power he's about as competent as a turnip. Since I work in the power industry, it bothers me to have a President so very uninformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  5. #25
    The Patient Paladinne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England, guvnah.
    Posts
    240
    Because the media fill gullible people full of untrue, useless information?
    [sic]

  6. #26
    It's nice to see his supporters play the race card like it's the only card they have, but then again it seems to be the only card they have.

    Most of us that don't like Barry, didn't like Clinton either.

    Best part of it all is even Clinton doesn't like Barry (and probably thinks he's a terrible president).
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  7. #27
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,556
    His ideologies and policies differ from theirs. Going beyond that, a flame war lies in wait.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  8. #28
    Brewmaster Gemini Sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    1,434
    He's mediocre I'd say. Not the best by any stretch of the imagination, and far from the worst.

  9. #29
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    Right now may not be the best time to be asking this question.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  10. #30
    Elemental Lord Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    8,779
    well our dislike of him has nothing to do with the IRS or NSA scandals and certainly not because he recently decided to fund the syrian rebels
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Because the media fill gullible people full of untrue, useless information?
    The media of which the vast majority are sickeningly in the tank for barry? That media?

    Or is it another media that isn't so tingly-legged?

  12. #32
    He could be better and not cave into GOP demand and try to compromise away everything to try to please those that cant be pleased. Obamacare would be better today if he didnt cave in and went for the GOP model. We know a better system is out there just trying to get the party of NO to go along is dumb. Obama is a little bit to GOP friendly that is his biggest flaw.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    well our dislike of him has nothing to do with the IRS or NSA scandals and certainly not because he recently decided to fund the syrian rebels
    Isnt it the Patriot Act we should be blaming for this?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    I can understand Bushs first period as president, but the second one really fucked up everything.
    Kind of around the time the dems took over congress is when the poop hit the fan blades.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,814
    I'd gladly swap our crap prime minister, heck the whole government and take Obama in their place.
    Election this year though, so there's hope for us, too.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    well our dislike of him has nothing to do with the IRS or NSA scandals and certainly not because he recently decided to fund the syrian rebels
    The funding of the Syrian rebels that the Republicans have been pushing for for the last several months? That funding for the Syrian rebels?

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    He could be better and not cave into GOP demand and try to compromise away everything to try to please those that cant be pleased. Obamacare would be better today if he didnt cave in and went for the GOP model. We know a better system is out there just trying to get the party of NO to go along is dumb. Obama is a little bit to GOP friendly that is his biggest flaw.
    Well that is the problem: You need to be GOP friendly to get things voted through

  18. #38
    I'll take the bait and answer why he's a bad president:

    Everything he promised he did the opposite of.
    He's a pandering liar that reads other people's word and fakes emotion.
    He takes credit for things he actively caused or exasperated when no credit was due and things turned out counter to his goals.
    He's a two bit demagogue wrapped in rhetoric.
    He's not remotely a "constitutional law professor", he just plays one on TV.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  19. #39
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    17,062
    It's because the country is pretty much divided into Republican Fans, and Democrat Fans, or even registered voters of the two. We can disregard the ones that are neither, since they combined are still a total minority, and are likely evenly split on the president too.
    So there we have the opposite faction that bashes the President no matter what.

    From a neutral view. I have mixed feelings about him.
    He started off awesome by kicking the credit card companies full blast in the nuts. I rarely hear any republican say anything about that. If it wasn't for Obama, everyone's credit card bills would have gone through the roof, and those hawks don't take any prisoners.. They (over) charge you no matter what party you favor.
    Obamacare.. That's a disappointment really. It is so tweaked and toned down, to pass the republican approval, that it pretty much sucks. Essentially it's pretty much identical to Romneycare... I guess tho, better than nothing.. so it's a decent step in the right direction.
    Saving the automobile industry is a huge accomplishment. Many Americans don't even comprehend what horrific impact a collapse of that industry would have caused.
    He did a good job on the economy crisis. He almost entirely dodged a brutal depression. What many don't get is, how the USA was a lot deeper in the shit than Europe for example. Yet, it got pulled out faster than the EU.

    His religion has zero relevancy. And it shouldn't have any. That would be so wrong on so many aspects, if otherwise.

    His role as commander in chief.....
    This is where I so not agree with him. He's driving the US war machinery just as much as Bush did. I find very little grounds of agreements with his stance on all aspects of the military. Only exceptions are the social and humane improvements. So I guess I am still waiting for a US President who has the balls to say STOP.. I am calling everything back, that doesn't absolutely HAVE TO be abroad. And I will not send any troops into any military conflict whatsoever. Obama is not that President. He could instead use the money and restore the countries infrastructure. That's much needed, since it's pretty much outdated by about a half century in some areas a bit less, in some therefore even a lot more.
    He also somewhat dropped the ball on the immigration matter. The Latinos aren't the happiest campers with him because of that either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Isnt it the Patriot Act we should be blaming for this?
    Patriot Act = using the IRS to intimidate conservative groups? Interesting indeed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •