Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do you wish you were more honest?

I wish I could be brutally honest with people and tell them exactly how I felt. I'm way too nice of a guy to hurt someones feelings. But damn it would be nice to actually just say "fuck it" and say to them all the things I want to say.

Who knows, maybe I would have more friends or maybe people would think i'm a dick.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very honest. I never lie for personal gain. I will lie to protect someone from danger -- as long as they aren't a criminal.

Deleted
    No, not really.

I'm not, but I never lie. My brother is, but he always lies.

Who's telling the truth? Answer on Page 45.

I don't really need to be more honest. I've determined being honest is usually a bad idea 90% of the time, so I lie far more often than I tell the truth at this point. Usually not about important stuff, but just things in general. Lying is far more beneficial than being honest.

No, if I were more honest I'd be hurting people with crass truth.

Deleted
    Not really. If I really feel like I need to tell someone they suck or they did a good job, I'll do it either way.

Deleted
    Nah, I'm honest enough, some things you just don't say in the open (unless it may work in your advantage)

Deleted
    Nope. I am nice and polite to the majority of people, I will deliberately go out of my way to avoid hurting friends feelings unless it's necessary - and I'm open and honest where it matters. Sometimes, being brutally honest really isn't necessary and helps no one and you end up coming off like a complete dick. No point in saying something hurtful just because you thought it if there is no purpose to it. You shouldn't always say what you're thinking; but not saying it doesn't mean you're dishonest, just means you have a decent brain to mouth filter and some common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Nope. I am nice and polite to the majority of people, I will deliberately go out of my way to avoid hurting friends feelings unless it's necessary - and I'm open and honest where it matters. Sometimes, being brutally honest really isn't necessary and helps no one and you end up coming off like a complete dick. No point in saying something hurtful just because you thought it if there is no purpose to it. You shouldn't always say what you're thinking; but not saying it doesn't mean you're dishonest, just means you have a decent brain to mouth filter and some common sense.

Maybe its the welsh in me that thinks like you. Frustrating at times to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was honest most people would hate me cause I have so many opinions about people ( I judge people on the way they act ) I just push deep inside of my mind like in a filing cabinet so NO! I don't want to be more honest.

No, I am already told I say mean hurtful things

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was less honest, actually. Sometimes I end up being a piece of shit because of it. It's easily the most overrated 'primordial' value imo.

Try shaking that dunning-kruger out of your head and ask yourself the question, would you want everyone to be that honest with you, and how would that feel. That's essentially the question that needs to be asked.

Honesty would just hold me back. Sometimes it's better just to keep things to yourself/change it up.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Nah, I'm too honest for my own good. Could have had a bigger paycheck by now if I wasn't.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

No, I think I've got it just about right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I am a bit too honest, a bit more could get me in trouble being too blunt.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    People already tell me how brutally honest I am, if I dropped any more truths, I'd probably be killed.

Deleted
    Been thinking on this topic alot actually, not because I am not honest, but because of the fact that I have high functioning autism and process this kind of information differently, resulting in social situations often feeling awkward to me.

If I would have to have a relationship (friendship etc.), by constantly forcing myself to not hurt someone's feelings, disguising honesty or even lying about it to avoid conflict, I basicly build the foundation of that relationship on a false bases, by not showing that person, however hurtful that may be, my true opinion on certain topics.

It might sounds very complex, but this is literally how my brain is processing this kind of situation.

So to answer the question: I would rather wish to be put in a situation less often, where I feel being forced to disguise the truth.