10+ Year Old Account

Need help for a friend

Sooo as the title says i need help for a friend. long story short she uses a mac cannot afford a PC(or windows) but wants to play PC games like RIFT and Neverwinter. So i was wondering if anyone here knew of any good ways to do this for her or programs that can help her out.

And thanks for any help ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX find the mac version of that would be best probably. Also a mac can have windows installed onto it if you can get a copy. They are intel processors.
    Note I have not used WINE on Mac so if there is not the proper donwload I would not know where to find it I have only used it on Linux :P

Interesting as it is usually the other way around (macs are generally much pricier than PCs). If you mac is powerful enough, if its newer even, all she needs is to buy Parallels and or use Bootcamp which is a program that will allow her to install a copy of Windows or other Operating systems and launch into those when desired. If it is windows she wants, then she will also have to buy a copy of Windows (7 ideally or maybe 8) which would come to around 200-250 in program costs alone, unless you have old Windows keys lying around for some reason that you could lend her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoscreenshotproof View Post
    Interesting as it is usually the other way around (macs are generally much pricier than PCs). If you mac is powerful enough, if its newer even, all she needs is to buy Parallels and or use Bootcamp which is a program that will allow her to install a copy of Windows or other Operating systems and launch into those when desired. If it is windows she wants, then she will also have to buy a copy of Windows (7 ideally or maybe 8) which would come to around 200-250 in program costs alone, unless you have old Windows keys lying around for some reason that you could lend her.
    Yeah she has the classic life hurdle going on soooo bootcamp is out and i think wine doesn't support those games...

Trust me i read alot of the stuff about that...Soooo yeah i really do need a sort of game emulator.