Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    When using this macro you will never ever waste TF, because when TF is back up again, you will always cast another Shred before the macro activates TF due to the castsequence. When using this macro, I'm never ever over 95 energy.
    You clearly don't understand even basics of feral pvp. Well.. any pvp i guess.
    Using your burst cooldown with macro every time you use your main damaging ability without any way of controlling is a failure.
    Ferals a highly mobile and switch between targets almost instantly. Sometimes they build combopoints and use a finisher just to activate instant cyclone. What kind of switching and burst can you have if you waste your cooldown on secondary target all the time when you build combopoints?

Again - I don't care about you and your playstyle. It's your personal business and I don't have any intention to interfere with it.
    But giving new players advices like this is really, really bad thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's nice keep using the macro then. But for everyone else who may care about play the game properly then avoid it like the plague.
    This.
    Rinnegan, you're fighting a battle you cannot win. Your macro is weaksauce. Your macro is useless and EVERYONE that replied here told you so.
    Now, what's more likely: You being right and EVERYONE else being wrong or the opposite?

Think about it.

Deleted
    ---everyone in this thread read this it will explain a lot----

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You clearly don't understand even basics of feral pvp. Well.. any pvp i guess.
    Using your burst cooldown with macro every time you use your main damaging ability without any way of controlling is a failure.
    Ferals a highly mobile and switch between targets almost instantly. Sometimes they build combopoints and use a finisher just to activate instant cyclone. What kind of switching and burst can you have if you waste your cooldown on secondary target all the time when you build combopoints?

Again - I don't care about you and your playstyle. It's your personal business and I don't have any intention to interfere with it.
    But giving new players advices like this is really, really bad thing to do.
    Important note that goes out to all pvp ferals (most of you are already aware of the following): Berserker and Incarnation are your REAL burst cooldowns.
    Sitting on TF for more than 5 seconds, because you think that it is your main burst, is a MAJOR waste of energy, instant cyclones/roots etc. and a waste of your nostealth-Ravage! which should be casted as often as possible with TF up.

There is a reason why your nostelath-Ravage! is useable every 30 seconds and TF has a 30 seconds cooldown.

I also don't care about your playstyle, traen, but IF you sit on TF and your nostealth-Ravage! for more than 5 seconds and your energy is below 30, then you are the one who clearly doesn't understand even the basics.

Says the sub-1500 progamer.

Infracted. Post constructively or do not post.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-06-20 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranes View Post
    Says the sub-1500 progamer.
    bash me all you want, as long as I can prove you wrong it's all good it's all fine.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure you want to use Tiger's Fury with rip/rake and not for the ravage proc. Your DoTs should usually take priority over ravage as they will do more damage in the long run, but it's situation dependent.

(This coming from a scrub 1800 feral who may or may not know a thing about what he's doing.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage1092 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you want to use Tiger's Fury with rip/rake and not for the ravage proc. Your DoTs should usually take priority over ravage as they will do more damage in the long run, but it's situation dependent.

(This coming from a scrub 1800 feral who may or may not know a thing about what he's doing.)
    this is correct; when activating TF you should cast your nostealth-Ravage!, Rake and RIP within the uptime of TF

Deleted
    this is correct; when activating TF you should cast your nostealth-Ravage!, Rake and RIP within the uptime of TF
    Quite often your ravage proc doesn't line up with your DoTs, so the macro would often waste TF I believe.

This is highly inadvisable for any player, new or old. You want to be in full control of your keybinds and have separate ones for all the important attacks. Feral in pvp will have a LOT of keybinds, there's no way around it. There are macros to make things easier, but these definitely aren't it. As some have said, you want to be able to react and adapt to the situation and that requires being able to use all your abilities at the press of a key as you see fit.

If as a beginner you want some useful macros check out one of the unofficial guides on the main forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8518011785
    You'll notice that most of the macros are utility ones like Powershifting, MoU big heal, etc.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Important note that goes out to all pvp ferals (most of you are already aware of the following): Berserker and Incarnation are your REAL burst cooldowns.
    Sitting on TF for more than 5 seconds, because you think that it is your main burst, is a MAJOR waste of energy, instant cyclones/roots etc. and a waste of your nostealth-Ravage! which should be casted as often as possible with TF up.

There is a reason why your nostelath-Ravage! is useable every 30 seconds and TF has a 30 seconds cooldown.

I also don't care about your playstyle, traen, but IF you sit on TF and your nostealth-Ravage! for more than 5 seconds and your energy is below 30, then you are the one who clearly doesn't understand even the basics.
    There are no magic numbers in feral pvp.
    Using tf on cd instead of using it smart is rubbish. "5 second" whatever you think it is - is rubbish.

Time your tf and your teammate cooldowns, chain control their healer - stun/fear/whatever first, cyclone second (or vice versa), do a short 5-8 seconds burst into your target and opposite team will use half of the healer's mana and half of their CDs to survive.
    Do it 2-3 times every 30 seconds, and finish them off with a mighty nuke when they run out of CDs.

Keep wasting tf on sustainable damage and they will survive you "pressure" on hots, kiting, cc and rare direct heals.

There is no magic " do this to win" tactics in pvp. Not for feral at least. You do different things for different opponents. It is possible that in some situations you'll need to keep constant pressure on just one target using your abilities on cd. But in most cases it's not as simple as that and you have to be smarter than that to win.
    And your huge arsenal that consists of cyclone, roots, healing, decurse, rebirth, stuns, dots, interrupts, stealth, speed, dps cds, survival cds, charges, shapeshifting... is there for a reason. You have to play smart or you will lose. There are no magic tricks here. You can't use them in sequence. You use them when it is the most appropriate moment to use them.

Keep learning. You'll understand how to play properly.. one day... maybe.
    Start with watching feral pvp movies. You'll notice that good ferals are perfectly fine with "sitting on tf for 5 seconds". And... surprise, surprise... they don't bind tf and shred together.

bash me all you want, as long as I can prove you wrong it's all good it's all fine.
    EVERYONE heres disagrees with you... isn't that proof enough?

You're WRONG... just accept it already.

Deleted
    traen, read the post you quoted again please, everything is explained there

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You'll notice that good ferals are perfectly fine with "sitting on tf for 5 seconds".
    yes, 5 seconds give and take are fine

ps: never ever tell a person on a computer game forum to "keep learning" or even to "understand" something - teachers do that not fellow gamers.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 01:20 AM ----------

EVERYONE heres disagrees with you... isn't that proof enough?

You're WRONG... just accept it already.
    use the macro correctly and you will look at the topic differently

No i won't.
    This macro is absolutely unnecessary and downright retarded.
    I understand that you want us to congratulate you on your great "achievement" in creating this "masterpiece" but take the hint already...

Deleted
    I understand that you want us to congratulate you on your great "achievement" in creating this "masterpiece"
    Tell me, tell me where I said that. If there is one thing I can't stand, then it's people who make false accuses.

Tell me, tell me where I said that. If there is one thing I can't stand, then it's people who make false accuses.
    You didn't say it but you sure act like it.
    Everyone here says your macro sucks, is unnecessary and useless and yet you keep on defending it like you're some crazy religious dude defending his beliefs in god... everyone else is wrong and you're right. That's how you act.

And that's something I can't stand.

Deleted
    Many different people here actually made the effort to tell me how awful I am for sharing what I came up with for free. Why did they make the effort to tell me that my idea is bad, you might ask? - Because deep down they know that the idea actually isn't bad. They just don't want to change anything. They are so used to what they have been doing all along with their ferals that they are blind to inovations. It's sad, but that's just how it is.
    I hope that some ferals will google feral opener or ravage + shred macro one day and find what they need in this post.

ps: if you should come across a feral in 5.3, who gets you down to 40% in 5-6 seconds, it was propably me using this exact opener.

Have a good one
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2013-06-17 at 12:40 AM.

^-- See? He's still defending it like a crazy religious dude defending his belief.

Deleted
    Many different people here actually made the effort to tell me how awful I am for sharing what I came up with for free. Why did they make the effort to tell me that my idea is bad, you might ask? - Because deep down they know that the idea actually isn't bad. They just don't want to change anything. They are so used to what they have been doing all along with their ferals that they are blind to inovations. It's sad, but that's just how it is.
    I hope that some ferals will google feral opener or ravage + shred macro one day and find what they need in this post.

ps: if you should come across a feral in 5.3, who gets you down to 40% in 5-6 seconds, it was propably me using this exact opener.

Have a good one
    Making a macro, and helping people are 2 totally different things. It's all fair making a macro and sharing it, but at this point, all useful macros a feral could ever want have been posted before. This is not one of them. It's a very stupid idea to bind shred to the same key as TF. About the only time a feral will bind 2 regular skills together for pvp is your burst cooldown macro, and maybe the Ravage stealth/Shred no-stealth macro, which even then I would only recommend for ferals that are learning their keybinds in PvP and wanting to save 1 button for something else, but it should not be used in arena, at all. It's a bad habit of using your free ravage when its off cooldown.

I think your problem is that you fail to see the barrier between pve and pvp. When we use to get a free ravage proc from stampede, yes, using ravage as soon as it was available was the norm, but doing that in pvp will just get you killed.

Scenario 1:
    - Your healer is getting hit quite hard. He says that there is a window open for a chain CC on their healer, but you, using this macro have been shreding the dps, thus using TF. You need to tell your healer to wait till TF is off cooldown before you can do anything. Your healer dies.

Scenario 2:
    - You are been attacked by a rogue and a hunter in a BG. The rogue is close to dying, a few shreds should finish him off, so then you can go train the hunter which has just popped zoo on you. You shred, popping TF at the same time, you shred the rogue but he dies in 2 hits, but you popped TF. You are then trapped, you just wasted TF.

Scenario 3:
    - You get feral charge a hunter and get 1 shred off after been full trapped. You then press the macro again and it uses TF, since shred only costs 40 energy, and TF gives you back 60, you just instantly wasted 20 energy.

All of these scenarios could be avoided by just not using this macro. It's a bit like saying its the best macro in the world to just put all your dps cooldowns, zerk and carnation into that macro. It's just not. People are telling you it's a bad idea because it would actually hurt a feral using it. You post information like this on a feral board, and expect praise for it? That's not how it works. You can go on telling yourself it's a good macro, but please find me a feral above 1.1k rating that would even consider this.

At the end of the day, you can use whatever macros you want. No one is stopping you, but don't go onto a feral forum, post a macro which is the total wrong way to play, not only feral, but pretty much any class in pvp, and expect people to like you for it, especially when it seems like you got your head half way up your own ass to see the problems with it.

-. Why did they make the effort to tell me that my idea is bad, you might ask? - Because deep down they know that the idea actually isn't bad. They just don't want to change anything. They are so used to what they have been doing all along with their ferals that they are blind to inovations. It's sad, but that's just how it is. -
    You're in denial here. It's commendable that you'd try to help other feral druids, but just because they (and almost everyone) disagree with you it doesn't mean they are blind to 'innovation' or that they are out to get you.

You tried to come up with something good, but in reality it won't benefit anyone outside of messing around for kicks in random battlegrounds and sub 1200 arena. People also went on to explain why it's bad. I think you should accept it and at least try to understand why this is not advisable.

Perhaps you'd be better off coming up with some more useful macros. Good luck to you.

Deleted
    -. Why did they make the effort to tell me that my idea is bad, you might ask? - Because deep down they know that the idea actually isn't bad. They just don't want to change anything. They are so used to what they have been doing all along with their ferals that they are blind to inovations. It's sad, but that's just how it is. -
    You are being rediculous. Helping people is just fine; you just are not doing that with your macro. You are only defending that macro because you created it.
    Ohh.. I see you haven't read any of the responses. This is exactly the thing that has been argued. Higher rater pvp is not about using doing 2's with 2 dps's and bursting the opponent down in the first 5 seconds.