Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    okay fillies and gentlecolts i gonna hit the hay.

cya you ponies on monday. See you tomorrow shae
    Have fun at the con \o/

i think i'm going aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I think Deus Ex Human Revolution did a great job on touching on this subject but i just cant understand the hate people with cybernetic body parts got if someone lost a leg and would want to walk again that person would be forced into using a robotic leg why should that person get hate?

I do understand why people would hate on people that cuts of perfectly working limbs to get prosthetics becos that is kinda weird.

I wonder how they would react to Ghost in the Shell type future when you can basicly just pop out your brain and put it in a completly new android body which you choose how it looks
    The hate they get is because they get a better hand than a normal hand. And poor people can't afford an augmented arm or whatever. So it is pretty much hate for the rich. Except this time it's more justified because the rich get a better body.
    Imagine if you could augment your brain power with money. That's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Don't know about the hate (I'm not a hateful person myself so I don't really understand why people do), but it goes to the philosophical question of being. If you could incrementally replace every cell in your body with a perfectly equally functional machine cell, at what point would you cease to be human? Cease to be YOU? Then what if you collected all those human cells you took out of you, and put them all back together to form a human? Would the machine be you, or would the human be you?
    Well the brain would be missing so they would have to create a new one as the old one even tought highly full of implants would be in the new android body.

But yeah what you say do have a point guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in the future.

Now when thinking about Ghost in the Shell i remember a episode where a guys family is religous so they forbid implants and this guy gets a disease that makes him realy weak and there is no cure (they realy dont go into what it actuly was just that it made him weak) and later he died becos of it but having implants would have saved his life.
    At his death his brother steal his brain and gives it implants and put it into a tank to get revenge on his parents.

Was quite a interesting plot.

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Why would you want to use old meaty hardware, when you can upgrade to better one that will be better suited for your daily life? Our bodies are there to function, we shouldn't be so attached to them if there is upgradable limbs that surpass them on every shape and form, which is far from possible.

We will not achieve immortality in fleshy bodies, we will achieve by making our "spirits" into a loseless format, [Probably .flac] uploading them to the cloud and downloading them to a metal body whenever it is needed for us to take action.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, rejoice, because the spirit of the machine ect ect 40k reference
    I guess the future would be Enlightenment/Ascension and you know who gives Enlightenment to their followers? The Ori!

Hallowed are The Ori.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2013-08-01 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    GET CHYRE GERD DAM BIOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING OUTTA HUR YA DUG GUM ROBUTT
    c
    The french have silly accents
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to use old meaty hardware, when you can upgrade to better one that will be better suited for your daily life? Our bodies are there to function, we shouldn't be so attached to them if there is upgradable limbs that surpass them on every shape and form, which is far from possible.

We will not achieve immortality in fleshy bodies, we will achieve by making our "spirits" into a loseless format, [Probably .flac] uploading them to the cloud and downloading them to a metal body whenever it is needed for us to take action.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, rejoice, because the spirit of the machine ect ect 40k reference
    Warhammer is awesome.

I forgot that i still have to finish Retribution, lol.
    Sig by Thor

10+ Year Old Account
    Lady Catherine of Russia is trying to use her cleavage to acquire embassy in my capital.

I ain't submittin to commie skum
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    muh arika

I never saw it, but the OST is amazing.
    it's only 80 movie just watch it it's very pretty.
    except bloom in some versions but I believe there's a version with less bloom

Deleted
    Tbh i think the biggest problem with Augmentation would be overpopulation as a lot more people would be able to live a lot longer however that could spark space exploration or war and birthcontrol etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    The french have silly accents
    Oh, lemme fix that.
    GéT CHYRé GéRD DAM BIOTECHNICAL éNGINééRING OUTTA HURT YA DUG GUM ROBUTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    But it tastes really awful! D:
    wow, its delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    I think the moment you cease to be human is, when you stop to think like one, you go all the rational way of thinking or you just don't be you anymore like people know you, not from how your look, but how you talk and act. A human should normaly be recognized by his talking and doing and stuff, not just how he looks.

I think the moment where you start to use implants to enhance your brain for more "power", thats the moment where you might cease to be a human.
    What if you never stopped acting or thinking like you tho?

What if for instance you were in a car wreck and had brain damage in half your brain, and they replaced the damaged cells with machine cells that didn't give you more brainpower, but just restored your brain to its original function? What if you got injured again and they replaced the other half, so your entire brain was now made of machine cells, but you think and act exactly the same. Would you still be human if you had little machines running your brain instead of brain cells? After all, our bodies are just organic machines, made up of carbon instead of silicon (like computers).

There's no right answer either. It's a thought experiment that has plagued philosophers since the 1st century AD. I think it's interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    But it had the best art in any anime.
    It got awards for its art style and story.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I guess the future would be Enlightenment/Ascension and you know who gives Enlightenment to their followers? The Ori!

Hallowed are The Ori.
    Either that, or like UnC was saying, we'd be like the Asgard. When our bodies die, just transfer our consciousness to a clone body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either that, or like UnC was saying, we'd be like the Asgard. When our bodies die, just transfer our consciousness to a clone body.
    I just want to be a robot so people dont look at me weird when I intercourse a toaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... the EVE universe is Asgard for capitalists.

Deleted
    But then we would have to solve the cloning problem of making a copy of a copy as you just cant keep your original body fresh forever would have to have entire worlds dedicated to holding dead original bodies so you dont have the cloning defects you get from copying a copy over and over.

Or maybe that whole thing might have just been BS meh i dont know

10+ Year Old Account
    But then we would have to solve the cloning problem of making a copy of a copy as you just cant keep your original body fresh forever would have to have entire worlds dedicated to holding dead original bodies so you dont have the cloning defects you get from copying a copy over and over.

Or maybe that whole thing might have just been BS meh i dont know
    I dont want a clone
    I WANT A ROBOT BODY

Deleted
    I'll hit the hay soon.

Tomorrow I'll ask Ely a new signature with the new comission.

See y'all!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I'll hit the hay soon.

Tomorrow I'll ask Ely a new signature with the new comission.

See y'all!!!
    nighty night blue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post
    nighty night blue
    Oh, thought you were gone. Can I ask you to do zeh magicz with this?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ne-d6g5zjn.jpg