Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    I especially like how this was in response to you accusing me of being edgy, and when I asked you how I was being so, you respond in an unrelated edgy tirade of your own.

To have come to the conclusion that you have, you have either not completely read everything I've written, or have comprehension skills that are markedly abysmal. And neither case warrants me spending more time responding to you.
    Oh no, you mean I won't get any more anecdotes from illusory Muslims you know about how a bite of pork for them is worse than rape is for a woman?

Whatever shall I do?

I can actually get behind that. Punishment for confirmed irrefutable rape? Castration.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Rape exists in animals. The antagonistic response to rape (physically resisting unwanted sex) exists in animals. They are unaffected by the human concept of rape.
    There is a resistance to every unwanted physical intrusion made upon your being by another. I'm not denying this. This isn't unique to rape though.

Say there is a man who overwhelms and pins a much smaller woman than him down, and just holds her down for 2 minutes while she struggles helplessly. He does nothing beyond that. He just dominates her physical being and takes away all bodily control she has over herself. After 2 minutes, he lets her go. That woman would no doubt be shaken by the occurrence. Would it be an occurrence that would leave her as mentally disturbed and traumatised as she would be if penetration also had been involved? No, it wouldn't, because then her sexual integrity would also be undermined, which is a social construct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I can actually get behind that. Punishment for confirmed irrefutable rape? Castration.
    In some states in the US they have the death penalty. They have tons of appeals, need tons of evidence, yet innocents still get executed. What happens when an innocent gets punished ? You can't magically make it grow back. And if you could there would be no point cutting it off in the first place.

There is a resistance to every unwanted physical intrusion made upon your being by another. I'm not denying this. This isn't unique to rape though.

Say there is a man who overwhelms and pins a much smaller woman than him down, and just holds her down for 2 minutes while she struggles helplessly. He does nothing beyond that. He just dominates her physical being and takes away all bodily control she has over herself. After 2 minutes, he lets her go. That woman would no doubt be shaken by the occurrence. Would it be an occurrence that would leave her as mentally disturbed and traumatised as she would be if penetration also had been involved? No, it wouldn't, because then her sexual integrity would also be undermined, which is a social construct.
    Translation: Without society women would just be ok spreading their legs for whoever hops on them. Women have no sexual integrity in a natural state without culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    In some states in the US they have the death penalty. They have tons of appeals, need tons of evidence, yet innocents still get executed. What happens when an innocent gets punished ? You can't magically make it grow back. And if you could there would be no point cutting it off in the first place.
    Better to have the problem of growing it back than the problem of rising from the grave don'tcha think?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah. Having someone's dick shoved into your vagina is just a fucking social construct.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Better to have the problem of growing it back than the problem of rising from the grave don'tcha think?
    Not really, no.

Deleted
    Not entirely sure that will stop a person from commiting rape. No, not being facetious.
    Rape is about sex, yes, but also about power. People who rape get off on having someone at their mercy, having overpowered someone for whom, for whatever fucked up reason, feel hatred.
    Take their balls away, and they might have a lessened sex drive, but their need for power not. Geld them and you might take away one tool with which to commit rape, but there are others.

If you want physical mutilation as punishment for rape, lobotomy is bound to work much more eficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah. Having someone's dick shoved into your vagina is just a fucking social construct.
    Like I said, he's basically saying women just spread their legs for every Tom, Dick, and Harry without SOCIETY telling them not to.

There's one of these guys in every thread about rape or pedophilia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Like I said, he's basically saying women just spread their legs for every Tom, Dick, and Harry without SOCIETY telling them not to.

There's one of these guys in every thread about rape or pedophilia.
    Sometimes more than one.

My only hope is that if I actually run into one in the real world, I'll have a gun.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    A conjecture for which no plausible reasoning has been provided. And you derived it from claims that have not been backed up. A statement is not a fact just because you say so, when you provide zero evidence.
    ..Then you believe the concepts I cited aren't social constructs at all?

=/. I'd say punishments along the lines of castration/dismemberment/death are more barbaric than the crime in question, and don't reflect society's supposed moral high ground over those wretched wrong-doers, who in seeking to punish, you end up emulating, and quite indeed surpassing.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-06-18 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    I wonder if it's been said because I did not bother reading all 50 pages of this topic, but the victim also got paid about $51.000 out of the 6 boy's pockets. They should have rather gone for a prostitute, would have saved some money..

..Then you believe the concepts I cited aren't social constructs at all?

=/. I'd say punishments along the lines of castration/dismemberment/death are more barbaric than the crime in question, and don't reflect society's supposed moral high ground over those wretched wrong-doers, who in seeking to punish, you end up emulating, and quite indeed surpassing them.
    Howabout we do them like that sylvester stalone movie? Anyone convicted of heinous and harmful crimes is put on cryosleep, that's honestly the only way I can think of to avoid being stuck in a cell forever or physical harm castration/death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodekahedron View Post
    I wonder if it's been said because I did not bother reading all 50 pages of this topic, but the victim also got paid about $51.000 out of the 6 boy's pockets. They should have rather gone for a prostitute, would have saved some money..
    They assigned a fine. Those boys most likely will never pay it. Also, do you honestly think that $50k really makes up for being gang raped? I mean, really? o_O
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Sometimes more than one.

My only hope is that if I actually run into one in the real world, I'll have a gun.
    Hmpf, then you would kill me if you ran into me irl? Me, who believes rape to be every bit as heinous a crime as you do and isn't a rapist himself?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that your stance when a group of women gang rapes a guy too? Or should the guy shrug it off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmpf, then you would kill me if you ran into me irl? Me, who believes rape to be every bit as heinous a crime as you do and isn't a rapist himself?
    Nope. The gun is for self defense. Because if you truly think that the reaction to rape is just a "social construct," I honestly wouldn't trust you within a mile of me.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Is that your stance when a group of women gang rapes a guy too? Or should the guy shrug it off?
    Rape is rape, whether it's a man or a woman who is the victim, imo.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Howabout we do them like that sylvester stalone movie? Anyone convicted of heinous and harmful crimes is put on cryosleep, that's honestly the only way I can think of to avoid being stuck in a cell forever or physical harm castration/death.
    Not particularly better, to be quite frank. Especially not where costs are concerned D:

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rape is rape, whether it's a man or a woman who is the victim, imo.
    Yes but castration as a punishment carries more psychological impact on men i reckon :P There was a bit of amused joking in it