Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arena Buff on PTR - The Crowd Chose You

One team is able to get the buff called The Crowd Chose You, and it gives +1,000% damage, decreases damage taken by 100%, and allows you to see stealthed units. No details yet on how you get it, but Holinka tweeted that more info to come in the next patch notes. I think this is intended to end 2s matches where a healer's teammate dies, and he/she turtles to and runs out the clock.

Some more info here and a screenshot of the buff - http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...e-buff-on-ptr/

really hope this doesn't nerf my duel blood DK 2's team. I love watching warriors and hunters finally loose :-(
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    really hope this doesn't nerf my duel blood DK 2's team. I love watching warriors and hunters finally loose :-(
    This. This will only make burst comps that much more necessary.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

It's meant for it's a 1v2 situation where one team can't solo a healer, if they are running dps/healer. Some dps can't solo healers, so after about 2min with one person on the opposing team, the dps/healer team with both partners still up gets the buff, not meant for during a 2v2 or a 3v3. It's not going to change anything at all save for fixing healers turtling till the game draw's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    This. This will only make burst comps that much more necessary.
    I agree. From the forums I was reading it comes in at 15 minutes. This will also hurt duel healer with 1 dps in 3's as well.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

For real? wow i hope this is actually implemented, with double blood dk or at least one blood dk around this buff will defiantly end the arena match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    decreases damage taken by 100%
    So basically you're invulnerable... Nice, this could maybe help you win.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    It's meant for it's a 1v2 situation where one team can't solo a healer
    I have never encountered any tough healer in arena this expansion that wouldn't die to 2 dps after his mate died. And I'm a noob at arena.
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-06-15 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    I agree. From the forums I was reading it comes in at 15 minutes. This will also hurt duel healer with 1 dps in 3's as well.
    Most double healer / dps teams actually win just as fast as any DoT or caster comp. I've both beat and lost to double healer dps teams in less than a minute (Both this expansion and last expansion).

@OP There isn't nearly enough information about the debuff/buff and how it works. Some people are saying that it might be a gradual buff that you get after certain time frames, so draws are much less likely, and it just isn't implemented properly on PTR yet. Other people are saying that it's random who gets it (so in a 1v2 situation, the 1 could still get it).

We'll wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    So basically you're invulnerable... Nice, this could maybe help you win.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 06:19 PM ----------

I have never encountered any tough healer in arena this expansion that wouldn't die to 2 dps after his mate died. And I'm a noob at arena.
    Uhm, and if the other team is DPS/healer? Most DPS can't solo healers, and even if, it's really slow.

If it really kicks in after 15 mins of 1v2, it's a very good idea. 2v2 is silly anyway though.

Deleted
    So I guess we won't be able to 2v1 anymore? Any dps can take down a healer and if you had say 15 minutes to take down a healer but don't manage to, then you deserve the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    So I guess we won't be able to 2v1 anymore? Any dps can take down a healer and if you had say 15 minutes to take down a healer but don't manage to, then you deserve the draw.
    Incorrect, i can EASILY survive 1dps+healer on my monk and never oom. And that was last patch in full pve gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    @OP There isn't nearly enough information about the debuff/buff and how it works. Some people are saying that it might be a gradual buff that you get after certain time frames, so draws are much less likely, and it just isn't implemented properly on PTR yet. Other people are saying that it's random who gets it (so in a 1v2 situation, the 1 could still get it).
    I think I was pretty clear in my post we don't know exactly how it is conferred yet.. I put very little stock in what most people on AJ say, so I don't for a minute believe it is random or that the "1" could get it. Could you imagine how unfair that would be, or the uproar it would cause? I'd bet a good amount of money it will always go against the "1" in a 1v2. Also, as I said, Holinka tweeted we'll know soon...so we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely goes to the team that did the most cumulative damage before the match is about to expire. Will help when fighting comps with more healers than intended for that bracket.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

or..................

They could just make it that the team with the most players wins at the end of the match by default. Thus forcing healers to leave after their partner dies..

jeeze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    or..................

They could just make it that the team with the most players wins at the end of the match by default. Thus forcing healers to leave after their partner dies..

jeeze
    Probably this. The healer has already failed in keeping his teammates alive. There is no point in rewarding that person for being a cunt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not like the idea of this, if 2 people can not kill one person that is there problem. You should have to be able to kill the whole arena team and not just one person. This is a horrible change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I do not like the idea of this, if 2 people can not kill one person that is there problem. You should have to be able to kill the whole arena team and not just one person. This is a horrible change.
    The problem is tho that healers are so good in 2v2 that against certain comps it will take a VERY long time to kill a healer.
    If the game has already been going on for a very long time then the remaining healer shouldnt be able to be a douche and
    make it a tie.

If you are a healer and you are alone against a full team then you have failed and should be punished for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    The problem is tho that healers are so good in 2v2 that against certain comps it will take a VERY long time to kill a healer.
    If the game has already been going on for a very long time then the remaining healer shouldnt be able to be a douche and
    make it a tie.

If you are a healer and you are alone against a full team then you have failed and should be punished for it.
    You partner dieing is the punishment, not necessarily losing the game. You should win because you killed one person? What if someone is on the other team that is low? That one person does not even have a chance after this buff. Your partner dieing is enough punishment.

Hell, If I was in the crowd I would cheer for the guy who is able to stand 2v1, instead of the 2 people who are too weak to kill him.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how the official tournaments picks whoever has done the most damage as the winner after a set time, I suppose the team with the most damage after X minutes will get this. That's of course if the teams still have an equal amount of players alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Seeing how the official tournaments picks whoever has done the most damage as the winner after a set time, I suppose the team with the most damage after X minutes will get this. That's of course if the teams still have an equal amount of players alive.
    If it's just based on that, then any team with an Unholy DK is going to likely get the buff. Especially if they're playing against a class or classes with pet(s).
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.