Page 1 of 3
LastLast

11 years old boy from New Zeeland becomes father. Mother is 36

http://www.n-tv.de/panorama/Elfjaehr...e10826851.html

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10890674 ENGLISH VERSION

Let me translate the bold headline for you...

Das ist ein Fall für das Justizministerium: Einem Medienbericht zufolge ist ein Elfjähriger aus dem neuseeländischen Auckland Vater geworden. Er habe das Kind mit einer 36-Jährigen gezeugt, die gleichzeitig Mutter eines Schulfreundes ist. In Neuseeland können nur Männer wegen Vergewaltigung verurteilt werden.
    This is a case for the Justice Department: According to the media, an 11 years old Aucklander from New Zealand became father. He had fathered the child with a 36 years old, who at the same time is a mother of a school friend. In New Zealand, only men can be sentenced because of rape.

Rest of the article is readable with Google Translator.

This crap is just sick. What's wrong with New Zealand's rape laws?! Only men can rape there?!

Nach neuseeländischem Recht können nur Männer wegen Vergewaltigung verurteilt werden und dafür bis zu 20 Jahre hinter Gitter wandern. Frauen, die einen Mann oder Jungen zum Sex zwingen, müssen sich dagegen nur wegen sexuellen Missbrauchs verantworten, der höchstens 14 Jahre Haft nach sich zieht.
    According to New Zealand's law, women can only be convicted of sexual abuse, which has a maximum sentence of 14 years. Men get 20 years and the same thing is called rape.

This country has double standards in laws and doesn't even try to hide it
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-06-15 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10890674
    English version,

Thats pretty fucked up, it was not just a one time thing that resulted in a pregnancy, it continued over some time and the woman should have known better.
    imo, She should be treated as a pedophile, she groomed him with alcohol, and had sex with him. There is no doubting that she knew it was wrong.

as for the child concerned good for him for speaking up about it, and finally bringing it to light.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-06-15 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuuuugh.

*grabs a bucket*

That's ... disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. That poor kid. Jesus Christ...what the...

I don't have any polite words right now. I just... Ugh.

Edited to add: The fact that the way the law is written doesn't allow them to go after her for rape makes me rage.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I find those laws sickening just as well. They prevent us from giving this woman what she deserves... maximum jail time for rape of a minor.

Now it's just sexual assault/abuse and she will most likely just get some years and be free after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It often takes a case like this for the law to be changed.

Also, New Zealand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I find those laws sickening just as well. They prevent us from giving this woman what she deserves... maximum jail time for rape of a minor.

Now it's just sexual assault/abuse and she will most likely just get some years and be free after that.
    Is there a sex offender registry in New Zealand?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It often takes a case like this for the law to be changed.

Also, New Zealand.
    Ugh... I wrote Zeeland all the time. Can a mod pls edit the thread title for me? This is really embarrassing -.-

Comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

As someone from NZ I can't say I'am shocked. Pretty horrific child abuse stories come out once every so often and this seems to be one of them. The fact she gets away with it is also hardly surprising. A bunch of our laws have huge loopholes in them which can result in problems like this.

Those kiwis man

Sexist laws abound. How anyone could be short sighted enough to write a law that only pertains to one sex is beyond comprehension.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sexist laws abound. How anyone could be short sighted enough to write a law that only pertains to one sex is beyond comprehension.
    I think it's due to a fairly widespread perception that if an older woman takes advantage of a younger man (extended down to even young teenagers), that the guy is just "lucky." It's this whole thing with "cougars" and whatnot.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    As someone from NZ I can't say I'am shocked. Pretty horrific child abuse stories come out once every so often and this seems to be one of them. The fact she gets away with it is also hardly surprising. A bunch of our laws have huge loopholes in them which can result in problems like this.
    How can you have a loophole in such a crucial law. Fucking a 11 years old boy after making him drunk is the clearest case of rape I've heard in some time. This woman carries all the evidence we need inside her.

It's a 100% or 0% case.

Is there any info on whether or not the child (the "father") was consenting? (obviously the "at what age you can be consenting" argument applies).

If yes, "oh well".

If not, Zealand really needs to change some laws. Only men able to be charged with rape? Really? Absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How can you have a loophole in such a crucial law. Fucking a 11 years old boy after making him drunk is the clearest case of rape I've heard in some time. This woman carries all the evidence we need inside her.

It's a 100% or 0% case.
    In my opinion, it absolutely should not matter whether the perpetrator was a woman or a man. This is an 11 year old. Here, if you rape a child under the age of 13 you can be subject to the death penalty.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is there any info on whether or not the child (the "father") was consenting? (obviously the "at what age you can be consenting" argument applies).

If yes, "oh well".

If not, Zealand really needs to change some laws. Only men able to be charged with rape? Really? Absurd.
    He's 11. He can't give consent legally. He was also being drugged with alcohol, which would further remove any possibility that he could give actual consent.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I think it's due to a fairly widespread perception that if an older woman takes advantage of a younger man (extended down to even young teenagers), that the guy is just "lucky." It's this whole thing with "cougars" and whatnot.
    I suppose so. This reminds me of those abusive wives in the US. Who beat their naturally submissive husbands and no one wanted to believe it. Being naturally inclined to believe that men are stronger 100% of the time.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

You know though, there was this case in the UK (VERY recently) where a teacher was in court for "abusing" 3 of her early-teen students. The students asked for no punishment or trial repeatedly and even thanked the teacher for what she had done. There was no mention for the stance of the families though. It's not only a perception, it's a fact.

And double standards because lets face it when it comes right down to it, only men are bad. It's what extreme feminism preaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    New Zealand law is based on English Law, so the chances are that it was written decades ago when attitudes were different.