Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    That's... sickening. I'm speechless. Those laws need to change - that's ridiculous! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    I'm not saying it is ok. I'm saying this cloud has a pretty silver lining.
    Maybe, this little guy will also avoid alcohol in the future, and will live a healthy life as a result. There's always lots of silver lining.
    Are you for real?

Are you actually trying to blame an 11 year old child for being sexually assaulted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10890674
    English version,

Thats pretty fucked up, it was not just a one time thing that resulted in a pregnancy, it continued over some time and the woman should have known better.
    imo, She should be treated as a pedophile, she groomed him with alcohol, and had sex with him. There is no doubting that she knew it was wrong.

as for the child concerned good for him for speaking up about it, and finally bringing it to light.
    Should be treated as a pedophile? She is a pedophile and should be tried in the same manner that any man would.

I just don't get the woman's motives. What pleasure could possibly a 11-year old with his childish appratus bring to an adult woman, who has children (and most likely is kinda... wide... for him)?
    A. In my experience childbirth doesn't widen anything.

B. Female sexual pleasure is a function of clitoral stimulation which is not effected by child birth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Are you for real?

Are you actually trying to blame an 11 year old child for being sexually assaulted?
    I never said I was blaming him. I said that this incident may make him hate alcohol. Which surely would surely have a positive effect on his health.

I never said I was blaming him. I said that this incident may make him hate alcohol. Which surely would surely have a positive effect on his health.
    Maybe. But what's worse, alcohol abuse or mental trauma?

Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    Probably alcohol abuse. The brain might recover, but I'm pretty sure the liver won't.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it amounts to net positive. I'm just looking at the bright side of things.

Also, mental traumas heal. Alcohol-ruined liver - not so much.

I'm not saying it amounts to net positive. I'm just looking at the bright side of things.

Also, mental traumas heal. Alcohol-ruined liver - not so much.
    Oddly enough people tend to get upset when you try to look on the bright side of a child rape case. This one in particular is pretty bad because he's with CYF meaning other than the therapists they send to him he probably doesn't have any forms of support (no family and after they move him, no friends).

Wow....11...really!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    Well, when you try to look on the bright side of something horrible, it comes across as trying to lighten the severity of the crime. I'm not saying I agree with that, just that it's probably what it seems like to people in general.
    Oddly enough people tend to get upset when you try to look on the bright side of a child rape case. This one in particular is pretty bad because he's with CYF meaning other than the therapists they send to him he probably doesn't have any forms of support (no family and after they move him, no friends).
    Oh well, let's all be emotioally unhinged pessimists. Why not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    It says rape (20 years max) and sexual abuse/violation (14 years max) in the German article.
    I felt compelled to chime in on this subject as there seems to be some misunderstanding about these laws.

Rape is in some countries defined as the "penetration of the body without consent" now since rape by woman doesn't usually happen through penetration (unless you are the girl with the dragon tattoo) there is a different law of abuse that protects man from woman and usually the sentence is of equal severity as the male counterpart.

In this case though what is more interesting to me is the ramification for the child's parenthood. See if a woman gets raped she has a choice wether or not she can keep the child (usually and understandably resulting in abortion). Now in this case the choice lies with the woman since it is her body, Yet the child has to live with the results that he is a father willingly or not.

Oh well, let's all be emotioally unhinged pessimists. Why not?
    On that note.

Last time child abuse was in the media over here we got this:

Wonder if we'll get something this time and if so what they'd do for it.

I laughed way too hard at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the article linked is inaccurate, thus making the OP inaccurate, and the topic really having no where constructive to go, closing.