Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lets face it these weapons are just pointless stat placeholders which people will just mog

We all know that nearly everyone is gonna be sporting the new legendary's which im hoping will blow us away so why bother making the weapons look anything cool if people are just gonna be using there legendary anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You have no right to complain since the existence of Transmogrification. Demand thread to be closed.
    I'm sick of wearing old designs - I want cool NEW designs.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Imo, weapons look nice. Grey colors and dark palette don't really fit artstyle of WoW, which is, thankfully, based on more vivid colors and on variety of shapes.
    lets see where wow goes. i can very well imagine it to get a bit darker if the new orcs model develops more towards garrosh's appearance and trolls towaards the new zandalari. those two are rather dark and are well implemented in the engine and almost ready to ship.

10+ Year Old Account

this gun is essentialy a tesla coil, it shoots bloody lightnings, thats like a definition of badass

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. Theres no way thats the Hunter armor. SURELY. It looks like one of those old timey diver suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post

[COLOR="red"]
    THIS HELMET LOOKS AMAZING, ARE YOU KIDDING? You people aren't amazed by anything by now... show this set to a new Player and he would love it!

btw, gtfo nostalgia-fag

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-06-15 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Because the major market is now China while the western playerbase is already shrinking anyway, therefore their prime audience lies in China where the all knowing and all powerful government has the 1st say on what the public should be exposed to, and the list of stuff that is deemed as offensive by this galactic entity, is actually quite long.

At least it is a bit colorful again. I've been feeling covered in mud and shit wielding rusty sticks ever since wrath.

Truthfully, I think MoP has had the worst armour 'themes' thus far in WoW; at the very least on par with Cata, if being generous.

One could theoretically get mad at how 5.4's armour looks, but that implies anything from 5.0 onward was worth getting that excited about.

New expansion will hopefully do something about this ugly trend.

15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks OP, I don't want to look like a brown poo-smeared person. I'd rather be a bit colourful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    The best description I've seen of BC gear was that someone chugged 10 colors of paint and puked it up everywhere.

It was the shit yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Because the major market is now China while the western playerbase is already shrinking anyway, therefore their prime audience lies in China where the all knowing and all powerful government has the 1st say on what the public should be exposed to, and the list of stuff that is deemed as offensive by this galactic entity, is actually quite long.
    Whut? Currently the fastest shrinking market is China while the west remains pretty stable. It also doesn't mean China demands Blizzard to create purple dildo guns.

No offense to the color purple though, I loved my purple T5 coupled with either the purple 2H mace or the shield also dropping from Gruul ;D

I agree with the OP though, I haven't found anything yet that blew me off my socks as some of the armor/weapon sets in previous expansions. I actually think the majority of the designs just simply suck balls. Perhaps we'll get some cool stuff in the next expansion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post

this gun is essentialy a tesla coil, it shoots bloody lightnings, thats like a definition of badass
    And looks like a childs toy. Why not make it look like Goblin/Gnome engineered steampunk-style?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I'm sick of wearing old designs - I want cool NEW designs.
    Well the world doesn't revolve around you I'm afraid. You'll have to wait for an expansion with a different theme that you like or just get over it.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I agree with the OP. Most of the weapon models we've gotten since WotLK has looked awful. Don't even get me started on MoP. All of the pastel colors make my stomach turn. Fuchsia here, fuchsia there......fuchsia everywhere.

I prefer weapons that look more like actual....................weapons.

The asian theme has been done to death and were not even finished with MoP yet. The recurring theme in alot of the new weapons is big polygons and geometrical shapes with odd colour schemes. Basicly, kids toys.

Im not kidding, this expansions theme is feeling like its not for older players. BC and WotLK had dark, grim and sharp weapons. Cata started getting more like MoP but still retained its fiery death god theme.

The best set ive seen so far for my class is the new hunter PvP set, because its inspired by Garrosh I assume (due to the large grim looking horns).

wait... u want to tell me the Lick King theme didn't annoy you after like 3 years but the MoP theme already does? In WOTLK, for me, every set looked the same..

btw, the new PvP sets look quite dark and brutal alltogether, just check the warrior: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...s14_malev2.jpg I can't find any Asia in there.

Deleted
    The Blue Corrupted Gorehowl looks so awesome! I hope I'll be able to get it on my DK! <3

You have to go back to WoWs golden age of design (BC and prior) to actually find a gun or a bow that doesnt look like total horsecrap, ICC's was alright but christ MoP, they arent even trying anymore.
    Most of BC's gear was recoloured vanilla gear. There are even several green sets using the Twill graphics. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=285 <-- This one is mail.

By contrast, Wrath and Cata have a lot of good-looking stuff. In my opinion, the best looking bow in the game is a Wrath BoE green:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=36619

You have to go back to WoWs golden age of design (BC and prior) to actually find a gun or a bow that doesnt look like total horsecrap, ICC's was alright but christ MoP, they arent even trying anymore.
    My Nesingwary 4000 would beg to differ.

Deleted
    In my opinion, maybe half the gear in MoP have been graphically unappealing, but it suits the content (as has already been pointed out).
    When patch 5.4 hits us, I expect we'll be seeing a lot of really cool-looking equipment. Fingers crossed, people!