Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, by all means, let's go back to the ever-so-awesome days of Wrath, when all our gear was brown for two years, and trading one set for an upgraded set meant your armor looked exactly the same as your old armor, except it was a slightly different shade of brown. I can fish up any number of pretty silly looking weapons from your 'glory days' of TBC, too - guns in particular made me wish for transmog on a daily basis, like that ludicrous shower-head-looking multi-barrel monstrosity that drops in SLab.And let's not even get started on the armor - Mighty Morphin Pally Rangers, anyone?
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me MoP can't compare to TBC:

And these two were just early content weapons. Then you have a whole lot of shit more like better tier designs, sword from chess, sword (sun eater?) from mechanar, Bulwark from BT etc. I can't really find any design in MoP that blows me out of my socks like TBC did (or other expansions for that matter).

Imo, older expansions were focused more on design and simplicity, where these MoP abominations are focused on too much crammed into one thing with hideous color schemes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are cute? They look cool to me. Transmog them if its so bad.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You have to go back to WoWs golden age of design (BC and prior) to actually find a gun or a bow that doesnt look like total horsecrap, ICC's was alright but christ MoP, they arent even trying anymore.
    I have a long list of transmog Bows/Xbows from Cata that i really like, Elite S10/S11 and Heroic Madness bows for example.

Can´t imagine anything more boring than "authentic" weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Imo, older expansions were focused more on design and simplicity, where these MoP abominations are focused on too much crammed into one thing with hideous color schemes.
    Saying that while linking a bright orange glowing polearm and a purple hammer made out of a rock.

I mean either way, can't say i'm a big fan of weapons out of ToT or the Sha-stuff from T14 either but throwing everything under the bus because its not from TBC is kinda silly.

I specially liked the blue gear this expansion, was nice to finally see some Katar in this game for example. Some of my favorite weapon-style.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-06-15 at 01:56 PM.

I'm with you OP. This is reminiscent of the Sunwell gear I disliked so much. Too colorful, etc. Transmog doesn't make it such a big deal though anymore.

Also I'm sad to see that WoW is straying away from 'Darker' themes. The whole MoP expansion was pretty light until ToT, but even the models from there were terrible.

Deleted
    You have to go back to WoWs golden age of design (BC and prior) to actually find a gun or a bow that doesnt look like total horsecrap, ICC's was alright but christ MoP, they arent even trying anymore.
    the golden age of bc design started in cata when you could actually farm outdated content for the one or two good looking pieces each tier. bc design was out of some exceptions really poor up to bt. just like in vanilla your leveling, dungeon and early raid gear looked like crap.
    every character i bother xmogging wears cata gear (not saying i didnt like wrath gear and also the mop tier sets look quite good)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Also I'm sad to see that WoW is straying away from 'Darker' themes. The whole MoP expansion was pretty light until ToT, but even the models from there were terrible.
    some ppl like shinies and bubbles. im satisfied with the development they are going:
    - everything is incredibly high detail compared to anything before and including cata
    - pve gear is shiny for those who like it
    - pvp gear is dark and awesome
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-06-15 at 02:01 PM.

Remember the awesome Wolfslayer Rifle?

or this nice bow:

and dark blue also rocks:

and the awesome warlock set:

BC had some crazy designs but also some of the coolest ever done in WoW.
    Today all looks similar and has this three-pastel-colored toy store style

At least the druid got a cool set.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Imo, weapons look nice. Grey colors and dark palette don't really fit artstyle of WoW, which is, thankfully, based on more vivid colors and on variety of shapes.
    Plenty of weapons like this, that look "evil".

The theme of the current expansion is pretty fluffy, think will will see something to the op might like next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Truthfully, I think MoP has had the worst armour 'themes' thus far in WoW; at the very least on par with Cata, if being generous.

One could theoretically get mad at how 5.4's armour looks, but that implies anything from 5.0 onward was worth getting that excited about.

New expansion will hopefully do something about this ugly trend.
    One could argue that most of WoW's gear is pretty horrible looking, it just that in the past with a much more limited polygon and texture budget it hid the hideousness of the art - back then we were also more forgiving, believing it just the limitations of the technology.

Blizzard should really hire gear artists with better ... you know ... taste.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-06-15 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    -Snip-

BC had some crazy designs but also some of the coolest ever done in WoW.
    Today all looks similar and has this three-pastel-colored toy store style

At least the druid got a cool set.
    Sure its all cool and overused items.

Wowhead is aparently down but i could link quite a few items out of Mogushan Vault that looks awesome. Bow off the last boss on Heroic for example. I think the biggest problem in Blizzard designs lately is the complete focus on a specific element, Fire in Firelands, Lightning in ToT. I still don't think there's a major drop in quality or design philosophy tough. Look at the Hunter's, Warrior's, Druid's or Rogue's Challenge Mode set for example, probably 4 of the best looking sets in the entire game.

Weapons are fine outside ToT (don't like the theme) or the Sha stuff (never liked that kind of thing even in AQ).

I wholeheartedly agree, we should go back to the designs of the best expansion, Burning Crusade, where everything was made out of glowing pink crystals.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Most of BC's gear was recoloured vanilla gear. There are even several green sets using the Twill graphics. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=285 <-- This one is mail.

By contrast, Wrath and Cata have a lot of good-looking stuff. In my opinion, the best looking bow in the game is a Wrath BoE green:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=36619
    Actually, having a Mail Twill set is fucking awesome, because it means mail users can transmog to something pretty novel. Suck it, plate users!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Pink weapons? What is this, the Sha of Love?
    Baby don't cleanse me, don't cleanse me, no more.

Blizzard doesn't follow the rule of simplicity when they use colors like they used to. It seems like they try way to hard to make something look unique with color. That said, I hope the colors for the Warlock Tier 16 aren't finalized. Blue, purple, green, yellow, red, and orange do not belong together (seems like they took the entire RGB color model and threw it at the set!). The set looks amazing, but the colors used devalue it a lot.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-15 at 04:45 PM.

Appeals more to girly girls and kids.

A bit late, but bro, you need one of these: http://eve.aeonoftime.com/wp-content...e_In_Space.jpg

Also, I see you have a hunter in your sig - if you do play one, the hunter recolor in Uld 10 is black and goes great with the Thorium Cloak and rifle from Kara (gun from the Big Bad Wolf Opera event and the cloak from some demon with 'hoof' in his name that spawns a bunch of little imps). The Scryers tabard also goes nicely with it.

Mod Edit: Turned the image into a link as it was huge, try to resize pictures in the future please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-06-18 at 09:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dafaq is with that corrupted Gorehowl...Pink srsly... God bless tranmog.

I think every weapon you listed in the OP looks badass. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogrification.
    Sad but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Dafaq is with that corrupted Gorehowl...Pink srsly... God bless tranmog.
    That was one of the four gorehowl skins they displayed. The others were black, purple, and blue, I believe.

The OP specifically picked the "pink" skins for all those weapons, when two or three alternate skins also exist for all of them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.