Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Stop complaining and use transmog.
    At some point, you have overused the transmog option.

The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK. Partially it's ok but this rough design with bright edges lets look them primitive. Compare classic / bc weapons to the current ones. It's a huge difference.

Also, just found this (not WoW related, but still) - it is possible to have scary AND Hello Kitty (and no, I won't resize these images, the awesomeness that is EVE cannot be contained in small pics...and I don't know how ). Last one, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK.
    In your opinion. I find that far from the truth in my own.

Cheery picking mostly incomplete models doesn't really do your point justice.

Weapons and armor are generally done by the theme of the raid and I guess the majority of people just love the theme of weapons from dragon related raids (BWL, BWD etc) take a look at non-set AQ armor and then claim Blizzard puts no effort into it anymore that stuff has the same graphics as level 40 armor.

Then again this will always happen, in 3 years people will say how awesome MoP was and how the current expansion sucks, it's like there is a pattern or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Blizzard doesn't follow the rule of simplicity when they use colors like they used to. It seems like they try way to hard to make something look unique with color. That said, I hope the colors for the Warlock Tier 16 aren't finalized. Blue, purple, green, yellow, red, and orange do not belong together (seems like they took the entire RGB color model and threw it at the set!). The set looks amazing, but the colors used devalue it a lot.
    There are shit tons of over the top,super colorful armors and weapons in vanilla and TBC.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-06-18 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    At some point, you have overused the transmog option.

The general direction of item design sucks since WotLK. Partially it's ok but this rough design with bright edges lets look them primitive. Compare classic / bc weapons to the current ones. It's a huge difference.
    WotLK weapons are amazing. ICC has some of the most well designed gear models in the game. Cataclysm did too, and mists has some great weapon models... the dragonhead polearm random-drop green looks fantastic.

There are a handful of good looking BC weapons that aren't just recolored vanilla models, and those weapons really only look cool by themselves... floaty pink blue and yellow crystal axe... alright, now what armor set does that match, exactly? And a vast, VAST majority of Vanilla weapons, right up until the raids themselves, were straight up basic swords and axes. And then AQ weapon models... not only are they weird and organic, most of them were pink or magenta for some undiscernible reason.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That was one of the four gorehowl skins they displayed. The others were black, purple, and blue, I believe.

The OP specifically picked the "pink" skins for all those weapons, when two or three alternate skins also exist for all of them.
    No, i just look at wowhead site. There is Pink Purple, and Light Blue. check for yourself

http://www.wowhead.com/news=215001/5...weapon-models#.

They could just copy some warhammer chaos weapons and all would be pleased

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a handful of good looking BC weapons that aren't just recolored vanilla models, and those weapons really only look cool by themselves... floaty pink blue and yellow crystal axe... alright, now what armor set does that match, exactly? And a vast, VAST majority of Vanilla weapons, right up until the raids themselves, were straight up basic swords and axes. And then AQ weapon models... not only are they weird and organic, most of them were pink or magenta for some undiscernible reason.
    I said partially they were ok. I have some favorites from WotLK and even Cataclysm, but they are only a "few". I loved most weapons in classic (except the AQ ones), and BC (okay, the draenei themed were awkward, indeed), due to the fact they was fine detailed, not very crooked and textured like rough metal or stone. Same for the armor sets.

Deleted
    most weapon skins released next tier are actually freaking badass.
    however you picked the least badass ones and pretended they all were like that.
    thats a lame move.

wowhead had a post with all models, dunno if MMO-C had one but i didnt see it.
    so here the wowhead one http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=215001

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    No, i just look at wowhead site. There is Pink Purple, and Light Blue. check for yourself

http://www.wowhead.com/news=215001/5...weapon-models#.

They could just copy some warhammer chaos weapons and all would be pleased
    The upper right one is black-ish. And then there's the blue and the purple one, in addition to the pink one.

And my other points still stand. There are three other wand colors; a blue one, a red one, and a green one, three other crossbow colors, blue green and red, three other offhand crystal colors, green, blue, and purple, and three other 1h mace colors of that model, blue and yellow, green, and red.

And then look at some of the other weapon models on that very page. They have other 1h maces that are literally drills, the 2h maces topped with plates bearing jagged spikes, fiery 1h iron wolfhead axes, the amber 1h swords that look ridiculously nice, and fist weapons that look on-par with the al'ar ones.

Selective sample is selective.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You guys need to have a look at the new hunter PvE armour, its fucking hilariously bad. (Image courtesy of herecius)

[COLOR="red"]
    Durumu helmet is made of fucking win! Just like the blood-covered puss-bag anus headpiece rogues had back in WotLK.
    I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Durumu helmet is made of fucking win! Just like the blood-covered puss-bag anus headpiece rogues had back in WotLK.
    I love it
    Yea this set is actually really amazing. Also the shoulders are glitched in to the helm in this picture so it's not even accurate.

Deleted
    The axe looks pretty awesome even though it's pink, but that's only one version of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Kids love fluffy stuff and while majority of WoW playerbase are kids...you do the math.
    Hate to break the news to you, but when I was a kid, I liked gritty stuff. Skulls? Yes please. Blood? Rain it on me, man. Over the top violence? BRING IT ON.

I liked He-man (though I liked skeletor more. skulls >>>>>>>> muscles), and I puked rainbows (gritty, dark and bloody rainbows) when I first watched Fist of the North star and Akira (didn't understand most of it though).

Today? I'm not a bronie, but I'd take fluttershy over (yet another) Old god abomination any day of the week (unless it's Nyarlathotep (moe version))

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    But it looked much more badass.

vs.
    I'll give you that. But yay OP transmog is there for you.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    C'mon..every x-pac does their theme to death..are you kidding? Your dark and grim TBC gave us this:

I know what i'm wearing to proudmoore pride this year! Yay.. Thanks!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Bring back the legion and undead stlye, it was my personal favourite item sets

Needs more pink.

Sorry but I liked the bright TBC style. Gritty and real is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Well, the models and/or textures are possibly unfinished, pink may be the pallet-swap placeholder for the different colours of the different tiers, Garish pink could be the flex-raid colour scheme, one of the item designers likes candy-colours (after two expansions of grey and brown)... It can be several things besides Garrosh's hidden brony-side :P

And if it goes live that way there's always transmogging, i use it a lot myself, since the "clouds and serpents"-style of MoP-gear in general doesn't appeal to me...

Deleted
    I want a pink tricycle with ringing bell and a basket in front for my gnomes.