Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    if LFR would be killed A LOT OF people would leave wow...
    a lot of people would come back actually. I don't know about you guys, but I have a large number of guild mates that left WoW to play LoL since blizzard killed 25 man raiding with LFR.

  2. #22
    i'm interested to see what this new "thing" is that's added to f/n/h and does it scale or have better odds on higher difficulty? if no then it's nothing special flex raiding will still be a complete breeze so everyone can get whatever it is easily anyway.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You're back at making subjective oppinions.
    According to blizzard you're wrong :P
    He made a subjective opinion first. He said the business depends on LFR.

    According to subscriptions number you're wrong.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,436
    Well it only took one page for this to turn into a sub number argument. Classic MMO champion.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  5. #25
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    The business depends on the removal of LFR.

    It's either remove or let subs drop more.
    LOL?

    Do you realize HOW MANY Casual Players play WoW?

    You aren't the majority.

    If LFR didn't exist Subs would be down to 4 million or much lower.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    LOL?

    Do you realize HOW MANY Casual Players play WoW?

    You aren't the majority.

    If LFR didn't exist Subs would be down to 4 million or much lower.
    Thanks.
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

    You're welcome.

  7. #27
    Yep, I despise LFR completely, but I'm playing a lot and raiding actively. Lots of people that stopped/went casual in my guild log on a few hours per week and ALL of them do LFR. Pretty sure almost all of them wouldn't ever log on without LFR being available.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    He made a subjective opinion first. He said the business depends on LFR.

    According to subscriptions number you're wrong.
    This infers that you think every lost sub is because they disliked LFR. Quite the assumption.

    Without LFR, there would be even less subs. LFR is staying and the content within it will too. GC specifically stated that the incentives would be something NOT seen in any raid format so far.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

    You're welcome.
    Except it took 3 patches to get LFR and WoW was already down a couple million by the time it was released in 4.3.

    Rarely updated...

  9. #29
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

    You're welcome.
    When LFR didn't exist, subs dropped to 9.1 million.

    When subs did exist, the losses decreased, and most of the losses were from China, who raid in a much more hardcore environment than we do.

    YOU'RE welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This infers that you think every lost sub is because they disliked LFR. Quite the assumption.

    Without LFR, there would be even less subs. LFR is staying and the content within it will too. GC specifically stated that the incentives would be something NOT seen in any raid format so far.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:50 PM ----------


    Except it took 3 patches to get LFR and WoW was already down a couple million by the time it was released in 4.3.
    No I don't. Of course removing pvp progression and incentives, bad class balance, dead realms, helped too.

  11. #31
    Some people don't like it - it CLEARLY has to go! So, after Dailies and LFR, what will be the next big thing I'll see hundreds oh whiny threads about?

    If only Blizzard employed more genius people like swagster, I bet the game wouldn't be so dead right now (with "dead" meaning "8 million subs after 9 years" in this case).

  12. #32
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    No I don't. Of course removing pvp progression and incentives, bad class balance, dead realms, helped too.
    And all of those issues have been rectified slowly since the beginning of Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs dropped to 9.1 million.

    When subs did exist, the losses decreased, and most of the losses were from China, who raid in a much more hardcore environment than we do.

    YOU'RE welcome.
    World of Warcraft lost 600,000 players shortly after the release of Cataclysm. Cataclysm was already shitty, LFR was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    The business depends on the removal of LFR.
    It's either remove or let subs drop more.
    that comment makes no sense...

    for normal/hardmode players nothing would change with LFR being gone...
    if you think more people would raid normal mode then and step it up a notch you are wrong... they would rather leave the game than get professional raiders... it would also be harder for normal raiders to invite new people since LFR mode equipment is a rather smooth start into normal raiding...

    there are quite some normal/hardmode players who equip their twinks in LFR cause its very fast and easy and they cant run normal/hardmode on 5 chars a week...

    casual players need LFR cause they dont have time wiping for hours and they would leave if they cant reach something within their timeframe. even if people have tons of time... do they really want to waste it on a computer game? they would quit if LFR is gone... and there are WAY more casual players than raiders...

    and flex is no solution for LFR... cause you have to find a raid in advance and that takes hours of spamming and asking and gear checking and whatever... thats the good thing with LFR... register for LFR... do some dailies, rares or world bosses... then raid... done
    Last edited by Nevor; 2013-06-15 at 02:02 PM.

  15. #35
    I know at least 134 hardcore raiders left because of LFR.
    Force us to play with newbs, ninja looters and AFKs.

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    a lot of people would come back actually. I don't know about you guys, but I have a large number of guild mates that left WoW to play LoL since blizzard killed 25 man raiding with LFR.
    How do you know they will come back? None of my friends who left WoW for any reason ever came back. Those who are gone are gone, Blizz needs to worry about keeping the ones who are still playing. Also, the percentage of people raiding 25 man was always minuscule. Like, more people have quit WoW than have ever raided.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  17. #37
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,732
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    World of Warcraft lost 600,000 players shortly after the release of Cataclysm. Cataclysm was already shitty, LFR was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
    You're making excuses now to justify your own opinion of LFR.

    Please, do this for me:

    Make a poll and see how many people run LFR compared to Normal and Heroic raiding.

    Find out on the us.battle.net forums too aside from just here.

    Conduct that poll in game, too, since the forums hold a VERY small sect of the players of the game.

    After you've done that, come back to me and tell me what you find.

    If your response to this post I just made is "No" or "I don't have to I already know LFR killed the game", it establishes the absolute fact your opinion on LFR is just an opinion and not a fact.

    If you want to do the work and prove you're right do so, but if not, stop treating like you understand what the WoW community wants vs what you want.

    Thanks.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 02:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I know at least 134 hardcore raiders left because of LFR.
    Force us to play with newbs, ninja looters and AFKs.
    "Force us".

    Explain how you're forced please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

    You're welcome.
    And correlation always implies causation, we all know that.
    Subs started to go down after Worgen were introduced, they clearly need to remove Worgen.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    a lot of people would come back actually. I don't know about you guys, but I have a large number of guild mates that left WoW to play LoL since blizzard killed 25 man raiding with LFR.
    10 man raiding killed 25 man raiding not Lfr. Why do 25 man raiding when you can get half that amount of people and run normal modes. Not saying 10 man is easier I honestly don't know and don't care.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,256
    Also, if your friends left to play LoL, I'd much rather prefer they stay in LoL. We all know what kind of people play that game.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •