Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It sounds like they're keeping LFR just the way it is, and instead, are adding stuff to F/N/H.

My guess is that they're going to start dropping recipes and/or epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I think many people are of this opinion. Which is why Blizz isn't gonna do something stupid like remove tier pieces from LFR. The outrage would be huge. They can't afford to piss off a massive segment of their casual player base like that. So yeah, LFR isn't going anywhere.
    Blizzard is making Flex mode raids for those very people, to incentivize them into choosing it over LFR. That will also mean de-incentivizing them from LFR.

LFR should be a last resort, not a first choice - that's Blizzard's design philosophy, which I agree with. People who refuse to raid on the basis of not liking "nerds on vent" and "min/maxing" are simply being facetious. None of that will ever come up in a casual normal or flex mode guild.

The rewards of LFR are simply far too great for the non-effort involved and Blizzard know it. If you want tier and decent rewards you're going to have to at least put some minimal effort in and run casual Flex Mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    @StephenReis123 LFR is a little worse for that because you see all the bosses quickly instead of working towards the last few.
    And I claim lfr will stay were it is - because the statement above is flawed - if you only do lfr you see the bosses way AFTER normal/hc raiders do...

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Twice?
    The beginning of Cata's 5 man heroic, and when is the 2nd time?

That PvP gear change recently is a score 1 for baddies.
    First time was prior to Cata. Second time - prior to MOP. First time is was harder heroics, raids, etc. Second time it was returning of BC/Vanilla style, forcing players into the world, etc.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-06-15 at 05:51 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    I'm also very interested what Blizz thinks would be a good incentive to leave the convenience of lfr and hopp to F/N/H.

Deleted
    LFR killed serious PVE. As soon as it hit wow, pve guilds were dieing like flies as those noobtards prefered the retard-proof LFR mechanics rather than actually trying REAL pve.

If the crawler wants the return of pve, LFR needs to be put in the background. Waaay in the background and remain just a way for newbs to experience content without getting rewarded items that are just slightly less ilevel than normal raids.

No, I don't buy the "but I work all day and can only play for 2 hours" argument. Seriously, if that's the case then perhaps you should look at games that are not MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard is making Flex mode raids for those very people, to incentivize them into choosing it over LFR. That will also mean de-incentivizing them from LFR.

LFR should be a last resort, not a first choice - that's Blizzard's design philosophy, which I agree with. People who refuse to raid on the basis of not liking "nerds on vent" and "min/maxing" are simply being facetious. None of that will ever come up in a casual normal or flex mode guild.

The rewards of LFR are simply far too great for the non-effort involved and Blizzard know it. If you want tier and decent rewards you're going to have to at least put some minimal effort in and run casual Flex Mode.
    I'm looking forward to Flex raiding, I think it's gonna be awesome. However, on those days I don't have time to get a Flex group together, I can do a quick LFR run. The incentive is going to be higher iLvL in flex, along with whatever other new stuff Blizz decides to throw in there. Absolutely no need to take anything away from LFR, when you can just add cool new stuff to Flex/N/H.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

Except it's not always an effort issue. For me, and probably for quite a few others, it's a time issue. I do LFR because I can't commit the time necessary for normal modes. I've done some normal raiding in the past and I enjoyed it immensely. I think it's more fun than LFR. However I don't have the time to do that anymore and it's annoying to see people say that I, and others like me, don't deserve to be rewarded for the time and effort we put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They've already announced they are going to add new rewards to Flex and Normal raiding while not taking anything away from LFR. You are 100% wrong as confirmed by Blizzard. Check blue tracker.
    To be honest I am waiting for the extra rewards for flex raids. The feature as is with current gear system is not strong enough. Fingers crossed it's something more elaborate than extra gold/vp/mounts/pets.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    No, I don't buy the "but I work all day and can only play for 2 hours" argument. Seriously, if that's the case then perhaps you should look at games that are not MMOs.
    That's simply a bad argument. You would have blizzard lose all the money they get from people who can't commit to investing large amounts of time in wow. I would be all for harder content that didn't require as large a time commitment. But I think the idea that a player either has to put 6 hours a day into WoW or they're a noob who doesn't deserve to play is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Except it's not always an effort issue. For me, and probably for quite a few others, it's a time issue.
    That's exactly it. Time is indeed the issue. And a big reason why LFR is popular, and will remain so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    To be honest I am waiting for the extra rewards for flex raids. The feature as is with current gear system is not strong enough. Fingers crossed it's something more elaborate than extra gold/vp/mounts/pets.
    It has to be something that you could never get in a raid as stated by Lore. I really have not much clue besides PvP-items?^^ Maybe extra enchants to make your gear more shiny?

Although maybe transmog stuff would be the logical, but also pretty lame, choice.

Except it's not always an effort issue. For me, and probably for quite a few others, it's a time issue. I do LFR because I can't commit the time necessary for normal modes. I've done some normal raiding in the past and I enjoyed it immensely. I think it's more fun than LFR. However I don't have the time to do that anymore and it's annoying to see people say that I, and others like me, don't deserve to be rewarded for the time and effort we put in.
    You are rewarded for your time. At the same rate as everyone else. So if you put in less, you earn less. It's quite fair. Otherwise, why don't my $15/month earn me the same rate of gear acquisition as someone who raids LFR? I should get a piece of gear for every 2 hours that I play the game, regardless of what I'm doing?

You have to understand. You and the person next to you both earn $100 per hour of real life work. He works for 8 hours and comes home with $800 dollars. You work for 30 minutes and come home with $50. You were both rewarded for your time, and you both were rewarded equally. Even if you were rewarded less, and only earned $80/hour to his $100, you'd still be receiving a reward.

In order for you to "not be rewarded for your time and effort," Blizzard would have to remove all gear from LFR, regardless of how good it was or what slot it was used for.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-15 at 05:27 PM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    They make it sound like an original motivation...time will tell though. They've been pulling quite a few creative ideas out, wouldn't surprise me that they have their A game in full swing.
    BAD WOLF

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    LFR killed serious PVE. As soon as it hit wow, pve guilds were dieing like flies as those noobtards prefered the retard-proof LFR mechanics rather than actually trying REAL pve.

If the crawler wants the return of pve, LFR needs to be put in the background. Waaay in the background and remain just a way for newbs to experience content without getting rewarded items that are just slightly less ilevel than normal raids.

Dictating what others do with their time I see, so no one with a life or job is allowed to play an MMO because they can give only so much time to it.. If Blizz listened to things like you are saying WoW probably would have died years ago.

That's simply a bad argument. You would have blizzard lose all the money they get from people who can't commit to investing large amounts of time in wow. I would be all for harder content that didn't require as large a time commitment. But I think the idea that a player either has to put 6 hours a day into WoW or they're a noob who doesn't deserve to play is stupid.
    Nothing wrong with only playing a small amount at a time, and you're right, it would suck to lose those players. However, it is also incredibly stupid to think that someone should acquire gear playing 4 hours a week at a comparable rate to someone who plays 4 hours a day. The two shouldn't be close, and someone playing far less shouldn't get items nearly as fast as someone playing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They make it sound like an original motivation...time will tell though. They've been pulling quite a few creative ideas out, wouldn't surprise me that they have their A game in full swing.
    Yeah, I'm thinking with all the new stuff we've been seeing from Blizz, I don't think they'll have any trouble coming up with some interesting new rewards. I don't expect just the standard gold/vp/mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    would be good for the game. people need SOME reason to make the jump. a few ilevels arent worth the steep hike in difficulty/commitment. its not even new content.
    With all due respect, if this is your opinion, then LFR is perfect for you.

If difficulty isn't worth it, then there's no reason for you to do anything but the easiest level of difficulty.

The entire point of higher difficulties is that they're more difficult and thus more satisfying to complete. If I had my way, I'd have all difficulties give equal ilvl with the rewards from higher difficulties being cosmetic only (which would also help with stat/ilvl inflation, for people who worry about such things... I don't, but I acknowledge that there are others who do, even if I can't understand why.)

Out of curiosity, if you don't think higher levels of difficulty aren't worthwhile, why do you believe that an incentive should exist to change that? Is it for the sake of others?

Deleted
    Ok, I see your point and you should be reward. It's just that some people spend a lot more time than you on the game, not necessarily in the game but checking out guides, videos, etc etc. How do you reward THEM ?! Why should THEY bother with harder content if their rewards are just slightly better than yours regardless the fact that they spent a lot more time and effort on the rewards.

What you're advocating here is practically Communism. If a person does not spend effort (for many reasons, more or less justified) on solving a problem, yet someone else does spend a lot of effort on it, the 1st person should be rewarded anyway just because Communism, while the latter gets an extra pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    If I had my way, I'd have all difficulties give equal ilvl with the rewards from higher difficulties being cosmetic only.
    To be honest, I love to think about what raiding would be like if the gear were similar to the new PvP system. With gear being simply cosmetic and the only real barrier being challenge. It could be a lot of fun (at least for me), but could also destroy the whole system. I guess we'll never find out, but it's definitely a fun thought.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data