Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I'll quit if they change LFR, I used to raid for a guild personally I don't miss the time commitments and feeling like WoW is a job. Content is content I really don't care about the difficulty either I'm more interested in the story.
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?

    This game will die much quicker with players like you who will soon find shit else to do in game.
    "Give me my mediocre game experience or else" isn't what made WoW special.

    I honestly can't imagine why players who don't PvP or Raid (for real) are good for this game.
    We're entering a next gen era, look at all the cool shit for E3.
    So many players who's peak excitment in WoW is winning a ghost roll on LFR won't be playing for very long. I garauntee it.

  2. #122
    I don't think the current rewards for LFR are "too good." They're considerably worse than the gear from normal and heroic. I'm also not saying that players who can and do put more time in should receive more reward. I don't think it should be a linearly scaling system of reward, and currently it is not, but they do deserve more reward. Which is why I think the current system works, they get more reward. The gear is better, the content is more challenging, and trash mobs drop loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    That's exactly it. Time is indeed the issue. And a big reason why LFR is popular, and will remain so.
    Time isn't the issue. Never has been, and never will be. If time itself is such a limiting factor to you, then you're simply playing the wrong genre of game. The answer you're looking for is that you don't feel like participating in organized raiding. And I can understand that, as I am one of those people.

    LFR is popular because its reward to effort ratio is off the charts.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  4. #124
    Ok, let's go with the pvp model then. Equalize all gear, make all drops from all difficulty levels purely cosmetic, and the reward for doing the higher difficulty levels is that you got to complete them at a higher difficulty. You can even get an exclusive title that shows you did it. There, now you no longer have an issue with LFR getting rewards that are between 20 to 30 ivi's lower than yours being 'too good' for them in your opinion.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Ok, I see your point and you should be reward. It's just that some people spend a lot more time than you on the game, not necessarily in the game but checking out guides, videos, etc etc. How do you reward THEM ?! Why should THEY bother with harder content if their rewards are just slightly better than yours regardless the fact that they spent a lot more time and effort on the rewards.
    When did gaming become about needing a bigger carrot or the ability to flash your e-peen around? The vast majority of games out there offer next to nothing for rewards for playing on a harder difficulty. Those that do choose to do it for the challenge. It only tends to be MMO's that have to bribe people to want the challenge.

    If the main thing holding you or people you know from heroic raiding is there isn't a big enough shiny object, then you aren't really in it for the challenge.

  6. #126
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,498
    It will remain the same, just stop. ><


  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    When did gaming become about needing a bigger carrot or the ability to flash your e-peen around? The vast majority of games out there offer next to nothing for rewards for playing on a harder difficulty. Those that do choose to do it for the challenge. It only tends to be MMO's that have to bribe people to want the challenge.

    If the main thing holding you or people you know from heroic raiding is there isn't a big enough shiny object, then you aren't really in it for the challenge.
    Simple. MMO's don't have a true ending. Other games progress and then you beat the end boss and you are done. There has to be a reason to continue paying and playing.

    And that reason is shiney new stuff.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?

    This game will die much quicker with players like you who will soon find shit else to do in game.
    "Give me my mediocre game experience or else" isn't what made WoW special.

    I honestly can't imagine why players who don't PvP or Raid (for real) are good for this game.
    We're entering a next gen era, look at all the cool shit for E3.
    So many players who's peak excitment in WoW is winning a ghost roll on LFR won't be playing for very long. I garauntee it.
    Add to that there are was also threads recently made by players who are going to be fully decked out in LFR, VP, and gear upgrades saying if the new LFR ilvl isnt high enough that they would quit without even seeing the content. We got players that are not even going to hide the "content" argument that was so strong when LFR came out and show no real interests in actually enjoying the LFR game play, its rewards or bust.

  9. #129
    Pit Lord Worgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kronos WoW - Vanilla server
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Time isn't the issue. Never has been, and never will be. If time itself is such a limiting factor to you, then you're simply playing the wrong genre of game. The answer you're looking for is that you don't feel like participating in organized raiding. And I can understand that, as I am one of those people.

    LFR is popular because its reward to effort ratio is off the charts.
    Well, Blizzard disagrees with you, and thinks WoW can be for those with limited time. Do I think those with limited time should get the same rewards as those that play 24/7? Nope, definitely not. But things like LFR allow quick play sessions that still give decent rewards. I want them to add new exclusive rewards to Flex/N/H. That will be great. But at the same time, I do not want them to take anything away from LFR. Which I don't expect them to.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Simple. MMO's don't have a true ending. Other games progress and then you beat the end boss and you are done. There has to be a reason to continue paying and playing.

    And that reason is shiney new stuff.
    MMO's have just as much of an ending as any other game. You beat the last boss, and you're done. If you choose to, you can go back and do things to get all the items / achievements you have missed. The same reasons are there.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They make it sound like an original motivation...time will tell though. They've been pulling quite a few creative ideas out, wouldn't surprise me that they have their A game in full swing.
    I agree that Blizz is making good effort, so fingers crossed. Personally gear was never something interesting in WoW, but with all the different versions of items for every difficulty, gear given for just queuing with no effort, it's too watered down. Any effort to rectify the situation will be appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    all the people who take stuff WAY too serious, always want to be better than the rest and achieve something special...
    why the hell are you putting all the effort into a stupid computer game and not your real life???
    There is a generic notion that casuals are skilless players wanting easy content. I think if you look at what's popular, you can see that it's not the case. Casual states how much time you want to put in the game, it does not mean you want the game to be easy.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Well, Blizzard disagrees with you, and thinks WoW can be for those with limited time. Do I think those with limited time should get the same rewards as those that play 24/7? Nope, definitely not. But things like LFR allow quick play sessions that still give decent rewards. I want them to add new exclusive rewards to Flex/N/H. That will be great. But at the same time, I do not want them to take anything away from LFR. Which I don't expect them to.
    Blizzard of course wants everybody to play their game and give them the monthly fee. And also they want people to continue play the game and give them not just 1 or 2 months worth your money, but for much longer. And it's this "for much longer" that doesn't seem to work anymore for new and casual players, because data show they quit after short time.

    And you can tell that Blizz is trying to make it so that people interact more with the world and not just stay in the city and click a button to queue up for something. But that's what LFR is all about and it also gives you the whole content at a fast rate. So this might lead to the conclusion that it's this fast content consumption and total lack of community interaction that's driving new and casual players away. That's of course not fact, but it also is not impossible that this is the main reason why subs are beeing lost at this high rate.
    Last edited by Ryva; 2013-06-15 at 06:20 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?

    This game will die much quicker with players like you who will soon find shit else to do in game.
    "Give me my mediocre game experience or else" isn't what made WoW special.

    I honestly can't imagine why players who don't PvP or Raid (for real) are good for this game.
    We're entering a next gen era, look at all the cool shit for E3.
    So many players who's peak excitment in WoW is winning a ghost roll on LFR won't be playing for very long. I garauntee it.
    the problem is they have every avenue to increase that peak. Assuming that because they're in LFR now is only because its there, and not because they don't want to pursue a different peak is wrong. To assume that they would pursue a different peak than a boring one, given the choice, is wrong. No body has to run LFR. There were plenty of people who run LFR now who tried to be raiders in the past and failed. What did these people do? Something else in the game. Or quit.

  14. #134
    There was another recent tweet from GC about item levels in 5.4. It's clear that the iLvl of LFR (under consideration on the PTR) is going to be far below Normal raid gear, making it less likely for players to view LFR as a stepping stone into real raiding. The fight mechanics and gear are going to be much weaker than what is required to perform in real raiding.

    I don't know that they will be reducing content available to LFR players - this doesn't seem to be their design philosophy, whether or not people agree with that design philosophy is a different subject.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 08:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    LFR is for those who want the story and to get geared so they can continue to see the content.
    LFR was for players who are incapable of real raiding, for one reason or another. The gear drops are there to facilitate gear progression, on a lower level than Normal or Heroic. I don't think that's the same thing as continue seeing content, when they have already seen it. Content <> gear progression

  15. #135
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,195
    I'm not convinced that a bunch of random tweets from people who don't work for Blizzard aimed at El Ghosto mean anything at all, much less something that one can be 'pretty sure' about.

    [Moderator Voice]: There is way too much personal back and forth and off-topic derailment (subscription fluctuations as one example) going on. Please stay on topic or the thread will be closed.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?
    I don't think players like this will stick around, no. But I think you have your players mixed up. A lot of it is how you think the player base is composed. Pre Mists, I had two groups of people who I played with. Those that raided, and those that didn't. The raiders would log in for the set raid times, otherwise they would maybe log in once or twice a week, usually just to farm stuff for the next raid. The non-raiders would play just as much, just doing other things. Now come Mists, I have two people who still raid, and a bunch who don't. Same thing goes on for both groups. Raiding isn't the only thing to do in WoW. If it is the only thing you do it WoW, Blizzard will never be able to make money off of a player base like that.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    When LFR didn't exist, subs were 12 million.

    You're welcome.
    It seems everyone here and their pet dog can explain the sub loss and pull figures out to prove it. Then why not explain it to Blizzard? I am sure they would welcome such information. And why not apply that skill to other companies? I am sure any company would welcome that sort of skill to avoid losing customers.

    And why everyone is so concern about the sub losses? Blizzard and Wow is just like any another product and company out there. Their customer numbers goes up and down. If Apple announce they sold 10% less iPhones, or if Coke Cola sold 10% more drinks, do you care?

    Unless you have a real vested interest, like owning their shares, maybe some of you do, I don't, why do you care so much about the drop in customer numbers? Did you guys cheers and hold parties when the numbers were at their peak?

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Twice?
    The beginning of Cata's 5 man heroic, and when is the 2nd time?

    That PvP gear change recently is a score 1 for baddies.
    The pvp gear change is fine they just need to banned pve trinkets. I can jump into arena now and get 1700 in like full greens its at lot more fun then getting raped for 1-3 weeks before your even semi useful. They also need to make pve set bonuses and legendary meta not work.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  19. #139
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard is making Flex mode raids for those very people, to incentivize them into choosing it over LFR. That will also mean de-incentivizing them from LFR.

    LFR should be a last resort, not a first choice - that's Blizzard's design philosophy, which I agree with. People who refuse to raid on the basis of not liking "nerds on vent" and "min/maxing" are simply being facetious. None of that will ever come up in a casual normal or flex mode guild.

    The rewards of LFR are simply far too great for the non-effort involved and Blizzard know it. If you want tier and decent rewards you're going to have to at least put some minimal effort in and run casual Flex Mode.
    The fact is that LFR is the most popular and successful major new feature in recent years in WoW (pet battles being a close second).

    It made raiding, or "raiding," available to the masses.

    Flex isn't going to make LFR dry up and go away. Organized raiding is going to continue to be a niche activity, even pug raiding.

    When I want to go "raid" in LFR I can be in an instance in 30 seconds - 20 minutes. Compare that with how long it takes to round up a group unless you happen to be in a guild full of bored raid-geared players who are on all the time and who have spare lockouts lying around. Even with Flex you have the problem of rounding up a group with an appropriate composition.

    And what about people with alts? LFR and alts were made for each other.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    So you like logging in for 2 hours once a week at a crap shoot for gear for bosses you don't get challenged by that only get easier with time?

    This game will die much quicker with players like you who will soon find shit else to do in game.
    "Give me my mediocre game experience or else" isn't what made WoW special.

    I honestly can't imagine why players who don't PvP or Raid (for real) are good for this game.
    We're entering a next gen era, look at all the cool shit for E3.
    So many players who's peak excitment in WoW is winning a ghost roll on LFR won't be playing for very long. I garauntee it.
    They have money and they spend that money on wow. Which means blizzard can pay people and this allows them to continue operating. Its a really complex idea that keeps me up at night, I mean it totally blows my mind. Casual games are the most played games look at face book and the majority of players are casuals that don't raid. Its always been that way people like to have fun with a game and some seek a challenge but not all.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •